Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

VC in North America was rapidly evolving to a Tradesy-like format now for couple years, since pandemic. Their direct shipping program is exactly like Tradesy. Tradesy has a better interface and cleaner format. VC website is fugly and doesn’t work most of the time with features not loading properly. Their app is better than website but not groundbreaking either. I hope they adopt Tradesy module.

Reactions: GemsBerry
VC in North America was rapidly evolving to a Tradesy-like format now for couple years, since pandemic. Their direct shipping program is exactly like Tradesy. Tradesy has a better interface and cleaner format. VC website is fugly and doesn’t work most of the time with features not loading properly. Their app is better than website but not groundbreaking either. I hope they adopt Tradesy module.

I aksed my contact person there, he said that Tradesy will continue to exist as a platform and app, they don't plan to change it

I aksed my contact person there, he said that Tradesy will continue to exist as a platform and app, they don't plan to change it
Good scoop! This tells me VC is impatient and got enough outside funding to buy market share. They’re growing in NA but not fast enough to do it organically. They’re striving for IPO, this acquisition gives them more breadth to surpass Poshmark

Reactions: GemsBerry
Good scoop! This tells me VC is impatient and got enough outside funding to buy market share. They’re growing in NA but not fast enough to do it organically. They’re striving for IPO, this acquisition gives them more breadth to surpass Poshmark
yep! they have a lot of sales in Europe, but as a US seller I have maybe 5 - 10 sales a YEAR at VC. less than on Tradesy for a month. they want US customers

we remember when Shop Hers was acquired by Tradesy. they may call it collaboration or "joining", but in fact Shop Hers was removed and redirected to Tradesy. now it's happening to Tradesy I guess:sad:
I really liked the Shop Hers platform. You listed your item, and then when it sold, you sent it to Shop Hers who inspected and authenticated and then sent it to the buyer. I did use Tradesy quite a bit when it changed over, but had a bad experience and have not been back

I really liked the Shop Hers platform. You listed your item, and then when it sold, you sent it to Shop Hers who inspected and authenticated and then sent it to the buyer. I did use Tradesy quite a bit when it changed over, but had a bad experience and have not been back
I had a bad experience with tradesy also. I was selling on the platform for years, but recently they’ve made it a challenge just to list a bag for sale. It’s not worth the effort for me when they take 22 or almost 23%. I also don't like their return policy...I don’t want to take the chance of a dishonest buyer returning luxury bags.

I forgot to add that they take FOREVER to release earnings from a sale. My bank doesn’t place holds on checks as long as tradesy does!! You’d think they were earning interest on my earnings!

In other words VC bought Tradesy as far as I understand.
I wonder how will it work for sellers? will they become one site / app?
I have accounts on both like many of us but had only 1-2 sales on each last year.
I'm so happy to see Tracy&Co just go with their high fees, zero responsibility fo anything and pushed on returns (mine were mostly worn or missing parts).
VC's CS is even worse than Tradesy's but no return policy and fast payments are great.

I wonder how it'll play account-wise? I have better sale history on Tradesy. Will accounts be merged or platforms stay independent and only Tradesy's Terms of service will be updated to mach the VC's?

Oh wait, Tracy will be CEO of US operations " Maximilian Bittner, CEO of Vestiaire Collective, and Fanny Moizant, founder and President of Vestiaire Collective, will continue to serve in those roles for the combined company, and Tracy DiNunzio, founder and CEO of Tradesy, will become CEO of the combined US operations".
"The company said it plans to open both an authentication center and a technology hub in the Los Angeles area."

Help. I had a brand new Chanel bag listed on Tradesy and I just checked my closet. It's no longer there and I saw that it sold, but I never received an email that it sold. Is this normal? I thought I would have received and email once the bag had sold. I'm wondering if they are checking out the buyer first, because of the high price?

Help. I had a brand new Chanel bag listed on Tradesy and I just checked my closet. It's no longer there and I saw that it sold, but I never received an email that it sold. Is this normal? I thought I would have received and email once the bag had sold. I'm wondering if they are checking out the buyer first, because of the high price?

it's fine. it means that they are checking payment. as soon as Tradesy approves sale, you'll get email

sometimes they don't approve it if they find buyer's details shady, and you'll see a bag for sale again in this case. it may take up to 2 - 3 days.

Reactions: Gennas
It’s likely that they want you to send them more pics to prove authenticity. This has been my experience in the last year. They are making selling on their platform a cumbersome experience. It’s not worth the trouble imo...especially since the buyer can return the item. I prefer eBay— better financial return, less hassle, and I don’t have to accept returns (unless of course the item is not as described).