Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Where would I see if a return has been requested? I only see "sale status completed' on my sales page. I can tell when someone returns something if I click on the item it says 'not available' and it's in one of Tradesy's closets. Meaning, I've had returns to Tradesy and it never affected my payout and I never had Tradesy return anything to me that I sold. It does seem like that's happened to others lately though, that Tradesy returns something they sold that wasn't misrepresented.
For a couple of returns and I was able to see if return was requested in payout section on desktop version. instead of "pending" buyer's inspection "return requested" appeared. but my funds were released quickly, on 5th day or so.

Reactions: EGBDF
Where would I see if a return has been requested? I only see "sale status completed' on my sales page. I can tell when someone returns something if I click on the item it says 'not available' and it's in one of Tradesy's closets. Meaning, I've had returns to Tradesy and it never affected my payout and I never had Tradesy return anything to me that I sold. It does seem like that's happened to others lately though, that Tradesy returns something they sold that wasn't misrepresented.
For me, on my desktop, I never see if a return was requested, but if I look at my sales page, at the top center of each item, it says "your earnings" with the amount. For returns, this is missing. That is the best way for me to tell. Usually if this happens, I'll be able to see that my item is already in Tradesy's closet, and is marked as "not available" rather than "sold."

Well I got a humdinger of a potential buyer this morning.
I don't give buyers sizing advice because everyone has a preference on fit and some styles fit differently on different people. And I always stayed in all of my listings that it is the buyers responsibility to know their sizing and the designer and style.

I normally don't respond after the buyer has a snide comment but that's just really rude to me.

Here's a play by play:

Her:
Do these run true to size?
Can I buy these for $450?

Me:
Sorry, but I can't give you sizing advice as sizing is subjective for each person. The best I could do is take $25 off.

Her: No problem. This is the reason this shoes has been here for awhile now and won't sell, because you are not a great sales person. Have a wonderful day!

Me: Sales have been slower overall for ALL sellers on Tradsey due to their commission increase, running promotions on their own closest in order to clear out overstock etc. and allowing large sellers a discount on their commission.
How I'm I not a good sales person? I can't tell you if the shoes are going to fit you or not bc how would I know, some people go true to size and some don't. I didn't get the shoes for free and they're already below retail and I tried to negotiate with you.
What you said is rude and uncalled for.

Her:
I never asked you if the shoes were going to fit me. I asked, does the shoes run to to size.. that was or yes or no answer, like many other sellers would have said. a real sales person would have either said they run true to size or they run small.. you are the seller aren't you! You should be extremely knowledgeable of things you sell. It wasn't meant to be rude, but to reiterate while this particular item has been here for a while. Take this lesson and learn.. get out of your feelings. I would have love to work with you, but no worries I will find another seller, who's friendlier and wants my money.

Me:
Again I cannot tell you if they are true to size, it's not a yes or no answer. Louboutin's run erratically in sizing (due to style, toebox, etc.) and I know this because I am knowledgeable about the brand. A person who wears a size 7.5 may fit these perfectly but another person who wears an 8 also might, it all depends on the person, their heel shape, foot width, etc. if I told you yes they run true to size, then you purchase them get them and they don't fit I've put myself in a situation, again because while one person would go true to size on these another may not. So if I say yes on TTS and that's what you want I'm basically telling you yes they'll fit. I've been selling designer items for years and the one thing I learned is answering yes or no to a question about fit is subjective. This had nothing to do with feelings, it's your response that was uncalled for. I was never unfriendly towards you, I answered the question as best I could and was not RUDE about it.
I'm not the one who needs a lesson.

There are others of this style on Tradsey that have been "sitting" there.

Correspondence over.....

some people.... I had one on eBay recently. She offered me $200 for $400 shoes and when I said that I don't accept offers, she answered: Good call!!!
I'll check in in another 6 months as they still sit there. Good luck
I wanted to say so much lol, but held it:smile: just blocked her

some people.... I had one on eBay recently. She offered me $200 for $400 shoes and when I said that I don't accept offers, she answered: Good call!!!
I'll check in in another 6 months as they still sit there. Good luck
I wanted to say so much lol, but held it:smile: just blocked her

I would have asked her if the offer was for the right shoe or the left shoe

Reactions: fashion_victim9
Well, this is a good one. Listing has exactly 3 pictures. One looks like a mod pic she picked out on online, one is of the front of the bag and the last one is of the box.
I asked for several pictures needed for authentication and got this:
"Sorry I have no time for that. I sold lots of Chanel. Check my sold history including this bag too".
Whaaa??
What does that even mean? That she sold this bag before and her previous listing had more pics?? I checked her sold items and couldn't find the bag.
So she's asking $7,500 for a bag that retails for $4,700, but can't be bothered to take some necessary pics? Do people really buy bags with this kind of price tag based on 3 pics alone?? And it's not even like she has thousands of listings (only 23) so Gawd knows where that attitude came from. Not sure if this even deserves a reply, but oh well, fine with me!
I'll be happy to take my business elsewhere .

Edit, 30 listings, instead of 23 :P

Last edited:
Reactions: fashion_victim9
Well, this is a good one. Listing has exactly 3 pictures. One looks like a mod pic she picked out on online, one is of the front of the bag and the last one is of the box.
I asked for several pictures needed for authentication and got this:
"Sorry I have no time for that. I sold lots of Chanel. Check my sold history including this bag too".
Whaaa??
What does that even mean? That she sold this bag before and her previous listing had more pics?? I checked her sold items and couldn't find the bag.
So she's asking $7,500 for a bag that retails for $4,700, but can't be bothered to take some necessary pics? Do people really buy bags with this kind of price tag based on 3 pics alone?? And it's not even like she has thousands of listings (only 23) so Gawd knows where that attitude came from. Not sure if this even deserves a reply, but oh well, fine with me!
I'll be happy to take my business elsewhere .

Haha of course I had to find the bag :smile: It looks like she spent all of her time finding a cute profile shot and ran out of energy to put up a remotely adequate listing [emoji14]