Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I usually don't care but the buyer asked if I could ship today so she would get it in time for her daughter's birthday. We're expecting storms and flooding later so I may have to cancel the sale. It is a large sale :sad:
as long as post office is open I would ship it and scan it at PO. I understand you are trying to accommodate customer's request, but all shipping delays due to the weather is not seller's responsibility. and In my experience USPS is not affected by weather much for outgoing shipments. delivery can be delayed, but in her area weather is different.

I usually don't care but the buyer asked if I could ship today so she would get it in time for her daughter's birthday. We're expecting storms and flooding later so I may have to cancel the sale. It is a large sale :sad:
I would probably call Tradesy and see if they can expedite the verification process. If they can't, just wait it out and ship when you can. I wouldn't recommend cancelling sales. I understand that you want a happy customer, but it shouldn't be at your cost (Tradesy can deactivate your account if you cancel too often). You do what you can within your power and the rest of it, you just need to let the buyer know that you can't (1) control how long it takes to verify the purchase and (2) if there are delays due to weather, well, that's an act of god that you simply can't control.

If I was a reasonable buyer, yea, I'd be disappointed that the stars didn't align for me to get my item when I wanted it, but I'd also understand that there's not much else my seller could do to get it here sooner. I know we haven't heard many stories of reasonable buyers lately, but I still choose to believe the goods ones are still out there.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
Well I got a humdinger of a potential buyer this morning.
I don't give buyers sizing advice because everyone has a preference on fit and some styles fit differently on different people. And I always stayed in all of my listings that it is the buyers responsibility to know their sizing and the designer and style.

I normally don't respond after the buyer has a snide comment but that's just really rude to me.

Here's a play by play:

Her:
Do these run true to size?
Can I buy these for $450?

Me:
Sorry, but I can't give you sizing advice as sizing is subjective for each person. The best I could do is take $25 off.

Her: No problem. This is the reason this shoes has been here for awhile now and won't sell, because you are not a great sales person. Have a wonderful day!

Me: Sales have been slower overall for ALL sellers on Tradsey due to their commission increase, running promotions on their own closest in order to clear out overstock etc. and allowing large sellers a discount on their commission.
How I'm I not a good sales person? I can't tell you if the shoes are going to fit you or not bc how would I know, some people go true to size and some don't. I didn't get the shoes for free and they're already below retail and I tried to negotiate with you.
What you said is rude and uncalled for.

Her:
I never asked you if the shoes were going to fit me. I asked, does the shoes run to to size.. that was or yes or no answer, like many other sellers would have said. a real sales person would have either said they run true to size or they run small.. you are the seller aren't you! You should be extremely knowledgeable of things you sell. It wasn't meant to be rude, but to reiterate while this particular item has been here for a while. Take this lesson and learn.. get out of your feelings. I would have love to work with you, but no worries I will find another seller, who's friendlier and wants my money.

Me:
Again I cannot tell you if they are true to size, it's not a yes or no answer. Louboutin's run erratically in sizing (due to style, toebox, etc.) and I know this because I am knowledgeable about the brand. A person who wears a size 7.5 may fit these perfectly but another person who wears an 8 also might, it all depends on the person, their heel shape, foot width, etc. if I told you yes they run true to size, then you purchase them get them and they don't fit I've put myself in a situation, again because while one person would go true to size on these another may not. So if I say yes on TTS and that's what you want I'm basically telling you yes they'll fit. I've been selling designer items for years and the one thing I learned is answering yes or no to a question about fit is subjective. This had nothing to do with feelings, it's your response that was uncalled for. I was never unfriendly towards you, I answered the question as best I could and was not RUDE about it.
I'm not the one who needs a lesson.

There are others of this style on Tradsey that have been "sitting" there.

Correspondence over.....

While I understand why this buyer was upset about not having her questions answered, her rude comment was uncalled for. Personally, I don't answer sizing questions (true to size, small, narrow.....) because true to size can also be different depending on the person's feet. My friend and I are both size 9. Some brands' true to size 9 fit her but not me (sometimes the reverse). So it's not a simple yes or no answer.

NANI1972 answered very nicely. Personally, I would have said, "Perfect because I also don't deal with not-so-great buyers too (especially one who leaves snarky comments to jab at others so he/she feels better). May be this is the reason why you are still unsuccessful at securing the pair of shoes that you want. Have a fabulous day!" Rude buyers (or people in general) likes to leave rude comments or say rude things because they are unhappy about the fact that they are not getting what they want (discount, free shipping, etc....). It brings out the nastiness in these people so they say something rude to make you feel bad, which then makes them feel better. A very sick logic.

If you didn't get what you what, just move on. No need to bring down another person's feeling!

Definitely an insulting offer but surprisingly not too different from the ones I got from FP and Yoogi's. Not for Celine but I got some very insulting offers from these stores before. Ex: $500 for a brand new BV bag that retails over $2500.

Yep, I agree, all consignment offers are pretty bad. it's even worse when they pay you monthly and keep pushing it to next month like in RealReal. for example my BNWT Mulberry bag was sold on April 5 at 80% off (on the next day after it was listed). I was supposed to get paid on Apr 15, then my other item was sold and because it's returnable they would hold your money until the next payment cycle which is May 15. if another item is sold by then, they would push it to June 15.

I would probably call Tradesy and see if they can expedite the verification process. If they can't, just wait it out and ship when you can. I wouldn't recommend cancelling sales. I understand that you want a happy customer, but it shouldn't be at your cost (Tradesy can deactivate your account if you cancel too often). You do what you can within your power and the rest of it, you just need to let the buyer know that you can't (1) control how long it takes to verify the purchase and (2) if there are delays due to weather, well, that's an act of god that you simply can't control.

If I was a reasonable buyer, yea, I'd be disappointed that the stars didn't align for me to get my item when I wanted it, but I'd also understand that there's not much else my seller could do to get it here sooner. I know we haven't heard many stories of reasonable buyers lately, but I still choose to believe the goods ones are still out there.

Thanks for your response. The only reason I said I may have to cancel was that she purchased it contingent on my being able to ship on Monday. If I didn't keep my word it would only be fair to give her the option to cancel.
Everything worked out ok. Tradesy sent the confirmation email after 4:00 but I was able to get it to the Post Office in time. I guess I was just stressing because I had a deadline.

Reactions: EGBDF
So my last sale did not have the funds released to me after 4 days. Still waiting. I've always had funds released on the 4th day, so I guess their change in the days for release is going to be true. For some sales anyways.

Do you think it's an authenticity hold?
No, definitely not, it's some non-designer shoes. New in box, not very expensive so I'm wondering if they are being returned. They are still in my closet under 'sold' items. I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

eta-I decided to send them an email and see what the problem is. I wish they had better communication.

Last edited:
No, definitely not, it's some non-designer shoes. New in box, not very expensive so I'm wondering if they are being returned. They are still in my closet under 'sold' items. I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

eta-I decided to send them an email and see what the problem is. I wish they had better communication.
did you check if return had been requested? or now there's no info about returns in sales section?

did you check if return had been requested? or now there's no info about returns in sales section?
Where would I see if a return has been requested? I only see "sale status completed' on my sales page. I can tell when someone returns something if I click on the item it says 'not available' and it's in one of Tradesy's closets. Meaning, I've had returns to Tradesy and it never affected my payout and I never had Tradesy return anything to me that I sold. It does seem like that's happened to others lately though, that Tradesy returns something they sold that wasn't misrepresented.