any Loro Piana fans out there???

Hey guys! I just got a Loro Piana globe weekend bag and I REALLY like it... but I'm torn on whether or not I should keep it since I'm a little concerned about whether or not it's durable enough to be a real travel bag. Do any of you have experience with the weekend globe bag?

Thanks!

Just stumbled upon this thread -- so glad to see there are a few other LP fans here.

sara0123 - I completely agree with Luxwear re durability. I have two globes, both in Fjord - and I find that they wear beautifully.

Please do let us know if you opted to keep yours and if so, please post pics!!

Since the major retailers stopped carrying LP, they're a bit tough to come across these days. Fortunately I have a boutique close by - am considering a special order Bellevue. :thinking:

I love when this thread gets bumped.

I was in the boutique a few weeks ago and learned that the ostrich version has a soft nappa interior. It was gorgeous! The contrast of the rich caramel interior with the green exterior was beautiful. I believe there are three interior colors to choose from when you order the ostrich as a special order.

I'm so glad to see this thread. Loro Piana is just gorgeous, expensive undoubtedly, but the designs are timeless and the quality amazing. I have three, Genevieve, Eden and Large Pouch and this A/W I will be buying the Aglaia. I (whisper) prefer LP to Hermes (although I do love my Lindy).

thanks for the bumps. I am always fascinated by these bags, have only seen them online and in bag reviews. Love that the lining is leather. To me that is such a luxe detail that I adore. I wish I could see them IRL!
The more people talk, the more I covet having one. I have felt the cashmere wraps and they really are wonderful!

I'm intrigued by this particular designer. Question: Does anyone know the weight of these handbags? Are they weighty? Are they indestructable? ie. Can they be worn in rain and dry like nothing happened? The quality is a given. I can tell just from the photos alone but I'd like to know the other two factors. I love reading about a luxurious leather lining. BV's are lightweight, suede lined and luxurious so I was just wondering.

I'm intrigued by this particular designer. Question: Does anyone know the weight of these handbags? Are they weighty? Are they indestructable? ie. Can they be worn in rain and dry like nothing happened? The quality is a given. I can tell just from the photos alone but I'd like to know the other two factors. I love reading about a luxurious leather lining. BV's are lightweight, suede lined and luxurious so I was just wondering.

LPs are a good weight, nice and light. I use mine everyday and they are nice and robust, one doesn't have to be precious with them at all. I live in the UK, so it's a given that they'll be exposed to the elements! The leather doesn't mark easily at all and I've never had a problem with rain spots. They aren't all lined in leather. My Genevieve is lined in lambskin, but my Large Pouch and Eden are lined in a twill type fabric, but it's very luxe. I have a couple of BVs (Sloane and Parachute) and the LPs really are (in my humble opinion!) better quality. Thought has gone into the design of the LPs in so much as to how women use them. They are very practical, whilst still being very luxe (that word again!). My Sloane, lovely as it is, doesn't even have a phone pocket. I shall be buying another this A/W, I love them.

Thank you Clementine37!!! Love your review. I hope to visit JFK and see their bags for myself. I am extremely choosy when it comes to plunking down a lot of money for a bag. It has to be functional (withstand all the elements) as well as classic yet not boring. Thanks again! :smile:

I'm so glad to see this thread. Loro Piana is just gorgeous, expensive undoubtedly, but the designs are timeless and the quality amazing. I have three, Genevieve, Eden and Large Pouch and this A/W I will be buying the Aglaia. I (whisper) prefer LP to Hermes (although I do love my Lindy).
just saw pictures of the aglaia and love it. have you seen it irl? what are your impressions? really value your opinion, thanks. i too love my lindy-

I now have 2 Loro Piana Ostrich totes and I also have a Beautiful Ostrich Drascott bag to add to my collection. I am more in love with the lining than that of the outside. (shhhh i like it better than the Birkin lining. )

I now have 2 Loro Piana Ostrich totes and I also have a Beautiful Ostrich Drascott bag to add to my collection. I am more in love with the lining than that of the outside. (shhhh i like it better than the Birkin lining. )
they sound tdf. is the lining leather or toile? is it the globe bag? i really want to add lp to my collection just not sure which one.

All have the buttery leather lining. I fell in love with the lining more so than the bag. :biggrin:
thanks roe.

does the leather lining make the bags very heavy? although ostrich is so much lighter anyway; guess it doesn't make it heavier. your bags must be amazing. i really want a globe and maybe the new aglaia- have to see it irl first.

I was in the boutique a few weeks ago and learned that the ostrich version has a soft nappa interior. It was gorgeous! The contrast of the rich caramel interior with the green exterior was beautiful. I believe there are three interior colors to choose from when you order the ostrich as a special order.

I saw the most gorgeous ostrich bag in the window of a boutique a few weeks ago and I forced myself to walk by without going in. I kept telling myself "just say no, just say no, just say no." I have regretted it ever since.