answers to AUTHENTICITY questions!!!

Hello and TIA as usual for your time and help.
I want to sell this Sonoma MF Purse 4974, but I noticed that other than the brass pull there are no other markings that indicate Coach. I looked for others, and found not that many to compare as the links to Ebay listings are all gone, but I found one that is for sale and is not showing the cartouche or Made in... either.
Are these particular wallets all that way, or by coincidence that one and mine are fake?

IMG_5522.jpeg
IMG_5524.jpeg
IMG_5526.jpeg

Hello and TIA as usual for your time and help.
I want to sell this Sonoma MF Purse 4974, but I noticed that other than the brass pull there are no other markings that indicate Coach. I looked for others, and found not that many to compare as the links to Ebay listings are all gone, but I found one that is for sale and is not showing the cartouche or Made in... either.
Are these particular wallets all that way, or by coincidence that one and mine are fake?

View attachment 5656845
View attachment 5656846
View attachment 5656847
I've never owned this wallet so I don't have any examples to compare to, but it isn't uncommon for there to not be any Coach markings on the leather. They wouldn't have stamped it on pebbled leather and there isn't much smooth leather. Is there a place of manufacture stamped inside the slip pocket? Is yours missing the keychain?

Reactions: mrk2014
I've never owned this wallet so I don't have any examples to compare to, but it isn't uncommon for there to not be any Coach markings on the leather. They wouldn't have stamped it on pebbled leather and there isn't much smooth leather. Is there a place of manufacture stamped inside the slip pocket? Is yours missing the keychain?

Thank you so much for your input whateve.

Yes, it is missing the key chain. There is no place of manufacturing either. I have just found another on Poshmark and also no markings, just the brass pull.

Last edited:
Reactions: whateve
Hello, I confess first of all not to be very knowledgeable with the brand new styles, so when I came upon this shop in Etsy, my first thought is all these bags are fake, because of the wording and price, but before reporting I wanted to make sure. If needed I will post each bag on the Authentication thread. TIA

etsy shop

Hello, I confess first of all not to be very knowledgeable with the brand new styles, so when I came upon this shop in Etsy, my first thought is all these bags are fake, because of the wording and price, but before reporting I wanted to make sure. If needed I will post each bag on the Authentication thread. TIA

etsy shop
Normally, these types of questions should be posted on the "Authenticate This" thread but I'll comment here.

fjskfkgkgk

There are so many problems with Seller fjskfkgkgk's listings, including that they certainly aren't "handmade" per Etsy standards nor are they vintage.

I am not at all comfortable with the seller AT ALL and suspect a Japanese seller who is part of the conglomerate of Japanese sellers with close fakes of newer styles. And the description is typical of what's seen from those sellers.

1. For example, fjskfkgkgk has this listing for $125: https://www.etsy.com/listing/139524...ick_sum=aa3c67d4&ref=shop_home_active_5&frs=1

The same style is current on Coach's site for $550: https://www.coach.com/products/hero-shoulder-bag/C8449.html

There's no way it's genuine!

2. $128 on fjskfkgkgk's account:

Currently on Coach's site for $495: https://www.coach.com/products/revel-bag-in-signature-canvas/CC414.html

Good luck getting Etsy to remove listings, much less suspend an account!

Same fakes on Carousell from seller
Joe
@palette.

Normally, these types of questions should be posted on the "Authenticate This" thread but I'll comment here.
fjskfkgkgk

There are so many problems with Seller fjskfkgkgk's listings, including that they certainly aren't "handmade" per Etsy standards nor are they vintage.

I am not at all comfortable with the seller AT ALL and suspect a Japanese seller who is part of the conglomerate of Japanese sellers with close fakes of newer styles. And the description is typical of what's seen from those sellers.

1. For example, fjskfkgkgk has this listing for $125: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1395240141/coach-handmade-bagcrossbody-baghand?click_key=c8add615ff86183ee27f80ae37c85990c049660e:1395240141&click_sum=aa3c67d4&ref=shop_home_active_5&frs=1

The same style is current on Coach's site for $550: https://www.coach.com/products/hero-shoulder-bag/C8449.html

There's no way it's genuine!

2. $128 on fjskfkgkgk's account:

Currently on Coach's site for $495: https://www.coach.com/products/revel-bag-in-signature-canvas/CC414.html

Good luck getting Etsy to remove listings, much less suspend an account!

Same fakes on Carousell from seller
Joe
@palette.
Thank you for your reply, I was not sure how to ask to check a whole shop with the format of the Authenticity Thread, that is why I posted here and mentioned I would post one by one if necessary on the other thread.
You confirmed my suspicion and I will post on the Hall of Shame.

Thank you for your reply, I was not sure how to ask to check a whole shop with the format of the Authenticity Thread, that is why I posted here and mentioned I would post one by one if necessary on the other thread.
You confirmed my suspicion and I will post on the Hall of Shame.
In a case like this, you can post the seller ID and a link to the shop. We can just look at the individual listings if necessary.

I reported the shop but I doubt Etsy will do anything. I find them to be as unresponsive as Poshmark.

I have a question about the xxxx-xxx serial numbers used by Coach in the early 1990's as they apply to Coach products other than handbags and briefcases. It is my understanding that these serial numbers were unique to each item produced, and no two bags should have the same serial number in this time period. Does anyone know if this also holds true for other items from this time, such as jackets? I ask because I am coming across multiple jackets from this time period with identical serial numbers and I am suspecting fakes. Thanks!

I have a question about the xxxx-xxx serial numbers used by Coach in the early 1990's as they apply to Coach products other than handbags and briefcases. It is my understanding that these serial numbers were unique to each item produced, and no two bags should have the same serial number in this time period. Does anyone know if this also holds true for other items from this time, such as jackets? I ask because I am coming across multiple jackets from this time period with identical serial numbers and I am suspecting fakes. Thanks!
Can you show pictures of the creeds on these jackets?

Reactions: BeenBurned