All about the Puff...Puffer bags!

Hi! I just received my small black on black puffer today! The corners already look a little "stressed" so I'm worried about wear. Have any of you treated/ protected the corners? Also, I'm considering a Zoomoni or Samorga insert so that it's not a black hole. If any of you have an insert, let me know if you recommend the 1.2" or 2" felt. Thanks!

Hi! I just received my small black on black puffer today! The corners already look a little "stressed" so I'm worried about wear. Have any of you treated/ protected the corners? Also, I'm considering a Zoomoni or Samorga insert so that it's not a black hole. If any of you have an insert, let me know if you recommend the 1.2" or 2" felt. Thanks!
Corners - Somebody posted that they treated one of theirs with a thin layer of clear acrylic before spraying it with Apple Guard / Carbon Pro. I think this is a good idea but didn't have the courage--plus I would only want to to it when I am at home and my toddler is out of the house which is super rare so no time to do that. I think in one of the Jessie Style YouTube videos she said that from her experience working at YSL the corners are susceptible to wear. I just sprayed it a smidge extra with Carbon Pro at the corners.

Insert - I hear you on not wanting a black hole! I got the thicker one from Samorga for my small and medium puffer in case I have something spill in my bags--maybe I'll carry a fruit squeezy pouch for my toddler or something. It adds a bit of structure which I didn't love at first especially for the medium bag. If you want it more slouchy and have no worries about spilling anything get the thinner felt. If you want or don't mind a little more structure or worry about spilling something then get the thicker felt.

Corners - Somebody posted that they treated one of theirs with a thin layer of clear acrylic before spraying it with Apple Guard / Carbon Pro. I think this is a good idea but didn't have the courage--plus I would only want to to it when I am at home and my toddler is out of the house which is super rare so no time to do that. I think in one of the Jessie Style YouTube videos she said that from her experience working at YSL the corners are susceptible to wear. I just sprayed it a smidge extra with Carbon Pro at the corners.

Insert - I hear you on not wanting a black hole! I got the thicker one from Samorga for my small and medium puffer in case I have something spill in my bags--maybe I'll carry a fruit squeezy pouch for my toddler or something. It adds a bit of structure which I didn't love at first especially for the medium bag. If you want it more slouchy and have no worries about spilling anything get the thinner felt. If you want or don't mind a little more structure or worry about spilling something then get the thicker felt.
That is super helpful!!!! Exactly the intel I needed. Thanks so much!

That is super helpful!!!! Exactly the intel I needed. Thanks so much!
Here are pics--bag is barely used although I have had it over a year. I was busy earlier so couldn't take pics. Small puffer looks pretty much the same without vs with the thicker insert with these. The medium is where the thicker insert is more apparent. I realized after I put the bag away I should have taken a pic of the inside. Let me know if you want a pic of the inside too and I'll take a pic.

20221126_125711.jpg

20221126_125852.jpg

Reactions: onehotlatte
I went in to pick up my small puffer in dusty grey today. It’s almost the same as the dark beige, but just a tad bit darker. Left is dark beige. Middle is dusty grey. Vintage peach to the right. I know someone was asking about that color. View attachment 5645256View attachment 5645257
I love your bag. Would you say the dusty grey is a true dark beige? I haven’t been able to see color in person. Dark beige in photos looks like light beige. Dusty grey looks more like a neutral dark beige. (Although some on line photos dusty grey looks more brown) It looks like a neutral beige in between dark beige and taupe Lol. These colors have so many slight variations! Ha!

Reactions: brnicutie
I love your bag. Would you say the dusty grey is a true dark beige? I haven’t been able to see color in person. Dark beige in photos looks like light beige. Dusty grey looks more like a neutral dark beige. (Although some on line photos dusty grey looks more brown) It looks like a neutral beige in between dark beige and taupe Lol. These colors have so many slight variations! Ha!
Thank you! It’s the true color in this pic. It’s a darker beige with grey undertones.58BC84C4-28C7-49D0-9C83-382808421347.jpeg

My small puffer from NM for that crazy low price finally arrive. I was also able to use the NM gc card code. It was packaged very well but I filmed opening it just in case. Love it and it’s so lightweight! I wanted a black bag with silver hardware.
Big thanks to @cathavenicethings for posting about this deal

View attachment 5667279
I feel we all need to do this but shouldn’t have to film opening a shipment.

My small puffer from NM for that crazy low price finally arrive. I was also able to use the NM gc card code. It was packaged very well but I filmed opening it just in case. Love it and it’s so lightweight! I wanted a black bag with silver hardware.

View attachment 5667279
I totally understand wanting to be careful receiving these items and making sure they are as described. I picked mine up as well from NM BH and inspected it in front of the SA- it was perfectly wrapped in styrofoam and in pristine new condition. It also had a tag with $2850 inside. I guess there is no YSL black box with dept. store purchases but that is ok for the price. I did not get the GC but did get a $50 cash refund and 15% rakutan. I am happy it is perfect and beautiful! I am glad you are happy with yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: snibor

View attachment 5667279
Congrats! It looks fabulous. We're bag twins. :smile:

Reactions: snibor