2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching up over here after being away for quite a bit of time.
@keodi : I'm so sorry for your loss.
@serenityneow : This thread has a wonderful group of ladies who are always so supportive and fun! I'm sure you are going to have a blast. I love your username by the way. That's one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes!

I hope you all are doing well. It's been a whirlwind over here. For some reason we decided to start looking for a new house (I'm not super sure about it) and being in Southern California, it's insane over here. I feel like no matter what we make, we will never make enough money to live near my parents (who had bought in their area eons ago at what they thought was a high price but now home prices have quadrupled). I obviously like nice things and love our house now but I just worry about later because the schools are not very close by and I am the "default parent" that works and does drop off and pick up.

It's funny because my birthday came and went and I've been browsing bags as a gift to myself but I really just love the ones I have and don't see any needs in my small collection at this point. I am considering a Cartier bracelet. This would be my first ever Cartier piece and first ever jewelry piece from a design house. I'm usually just a mejuri and apple watch kind of gal. I'm considering the juste un clou vs. the love because it's a little more subtle. I'd love to hear any feedback from you all.
I don’t have either one, but I have heard some women complain the JeC can be uncomfortable to wear (poke-y bits) and that does not stack as well as the Love.

I haven't been super active as a result of an ever-busy spring semester. I don't have much to say but this is definitely a check-in.

For those who were curious : I am doing a little better with my ex-girlfriend stuff. While it still hurts, I know that none of this was my fault and that anybody would be lucky to have someone like me. I've been focusing on how I want my life to look within the next while. I have chosen to live a simpler, cheaper lifestyle.

Aw, how sweet! Something similar happened to us with guinea pigs. We had one and a friend had one so we decided to mate them. There were 3 babies. Guinea pig babies are adorable because they are born with fur. They are just tiny balls of fluff. The dad was the teddy bear variety with long curly hair which made them even cuter. We didn't act quickly enough to remove the babies from the parents. That is how we found out that all three babies were girls and that they can get pregnant as young as 5 weeks! We ended up with 19 guinea pigs after we gave the mom back. We gave away many of the babies, keeping the dad and a few others. I don't have any pictures of the babies on my computer but here are the parents.

How sweet! Mice are born blind and naked. We didn´t get to see them at all for the first week. Then Mum was rushing out of the nest and dragged one behind that wouldn´t let go of her teat. It still was a naked helpless little bundle and she quickly moved it back into the nest. It took another week before the young very slowly and reluctantly started to venture out- now with fur and very cute. Mum moved them all into a bigger nest at this point and we could get a glimpse of her nursing.
Mice need to be separated by the 28th day and we made sure to do so. It was heartbreaking to see Mum Bisquit and our second female mouse, Paula, who had taken on the part of caretaker and babysitter search for the 3 missing males.
They are in a glass case right next to the females and even now as adults they all greet each other from afar.

Hi ladies (and any gents)! This is my first post in this thread, and I'm not sure if there is a protocol for a first thread here, but I'll just briefly tell my story. I used to buy a lot more bags than I do now, and I also used to sell a lot of bags on eBay. It was tiring, and wasteful, and really just silly. I started appreciating what I have a lot more during the pandemic, and also changed my buying habits. I've only bought two bags in the past year, and I know that I will carry both of them often (one, an ivory medium Proenza Schouler PS1, will be a work spring/summer staple, and the other, a white small Loewe balloon bag with brown trim, is a casual spring/summer bag that easily goes with over half of my spring and summer wardrobe). Gone are the days of buying a cute crossbody simply because it would go with "that" dress.

But, and I guess this is where this thread really speaks to me, I am so happy that I have the bags I bought in my less practical days! In particular, I'm madly in love with a Loewe mini Lazo in Vermillion (it's the color of a sunset!) and a Bottega Veneta crossbody wallet on a strap in Amaranto (deep pink), both of which I'd listed for sale on eBay in my fussier days--the horror! The BV bag is currently selling in different colors for $1470 at Neiman Marcus, and I'd listed my new one for $499, best offers accepted. Egads. I received an offer of $350 today and, after checking out what I might set my sights on next, found absolutely nothing of interest and realized that I was lucky to have found this beauty when I did. I cancelled the listing.

So my bags won't be the most current going forward, but they are gorgeous and spoke (and still speak) to my personal taste and style. At least now, I feel very, very content.

Welcome!

Belated happy birthday to you!
Sorry, but I have no clue about Cartier jewellery. All I wear atm is cheap vintage silver. Both pieces you mentioned look stunning on people on Insta- that´s all I know. Have you tried both on and had a look in the mirror? I think there are youtube reviews on both pieces, too.

Hi ladies (and any gents)! This is my first post in this thread, and I'm not sure if there is a protocol for a first thread here, but I'll just briefly tell my story. I used to buy a lot more bags than I do now, and I also used to sell a lot of bags on eBay. It was tiring, and wasteful, and really just silly. I started appreciating what I have a lot more during the pandemic, and also changed my buying habits. I've only bought two bags in the past year, and I know that I will carry both of them often (one, an ivory medium Proenza Schouler PS1, will be a work spring/summer staple, and the other, a white small Loewe balloon bag with brown trim, is a casual spring/summer bag that easily goes with over half of my spring and summer wardrobe). Gone are the days of buying a cute crossbody simply because it would go with "that" dress.

But, and I guess this is where this thread really speaks to me, I am so happy that I have the bags I bought in my less practical days! In particular, I'm madly in love with a Loewe mini Lazo in Vermillion (it's the color of a sunset!) and a Bottega Veneta crossbody wallet on a strap in Amaranto (deep pink), both of which I'd listed for sale on eBay in my fussier days--the horror! The BV bag is currently selling in different colors for $1470 at Neiman Marcus, and I'd listed my new one for $499, best offers accepted. Egads. I received an offer of $350 today and, after checking out what I might set my sights on next, found absolutely nothing of interest and realized that I was lucky to have found this beauty when I did. I cancelled the listing.

So my bags won't be the most current going forward, but they are gorgeous and spoke (and still speak) to my personal taste and style. At least now, I feel very, very content.

Welcome! What can I say, I just got a Balloon and love the Loewe Lazo, so I think you have great taste :biggrin:

Catching up over here after being away for quite a bit of time.
@keodi : I'm so sorry for your loss.
@serenityneow : This thread has a wonderful group of ladies who are always so supportive and fun! I'm sure you are going to have a blast. I love your username by the way. That's one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes!

I hope you all are doing well. It's been a whirlwind over here. For some reason we decided to start looking for a new house (I'm not super sure about it) and being in Southern California, it's insane over here. I feel like no matter what we make, we will never make enough money to live near my parents (who had bought in their area eons ago at what they thought was a high price but now home prices have quadrupled). I obviously like nice things and love our house now but I just worry about later because the schools are not very close by and I am the "default parent" that works and does drop off and pick up.

It's funny because my birthday came and went and I've been browsing bags as a gift to myself but I really just love the ones I have and don't see any needs in my small collection at this point. I am considering a Cartier bracelet. This would be my first ever Cartier piece and first ever jewelry piece from a design house. I'm usually just a mejuri and apple watch kind of gal. I'm considering the juste un clou vs. the love because it's a little more subtle. I'd love to hear any feedback from you all.

Happy birthday! Are you a Taurus like me?
California is SO expensive, I don’t understand how so many people live there...

No help on the bracelet front, but there are lots of posts in the jewelry forums.

Welcome! What can I say, I just got a Balloon and love the Loewe Lazo, so I think you have great taste :biggrin:

Happy birthday! Are you a Taurus like me?
California is SO expensive, I don’t understand how so many people live there...

No help on the bracelet front, but there are lots of posts in the jewelry forums.
That's why we live the cheap area of California. When we moved here, we would have loved to leave the state and go where our money would go further but our daughter was a senior in high school and we needed to stay here so she could go to college without having to pay out of state fees. The joke was on us because she decided to go to college in Arizona! Now that all the kids are grown, we don't have the energy to move plus 2 of the kids live here and we don't want to leave them.