2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awe thanks! I just threw on shirt and Jeans to run errands and then paint later but decided to throw on a strap to see how it looks on me. Now I can’t wait for the pretty SoRetro strap I had ordered for it.

It's the 'just tee shirt and jeans' look that works so perfectly with the distressed leather. And I like the color combo of the shirt and bag. :ps:

I have to always remember this Kondo “spark joy” maxim. Off topic, but I’ve been struggling with my haircut and have already gone back once for a “fix”. I’ve been dilly dallying trying to style it and have been wearing it in a ponytail, which I usually do when it’s getting unmanageable blah blah..ugh if I’m honest, not only does my hair not spark joy, I hate it. Decided. I’m scheduling an appointment for a cut today.

In other news, I’ve had an aha moment on my scarf obsession; It is just too warm to wear the 90’s. I can really only wear them 2-3 months out of the year. Sigh. I’m just not going to buy anymore (even though I’m eyeing the last neutral red cosmographia universalis on h.com) I never got the Kawa ora and still pine for it. I have issues and I’m rambling. Seriously though, I realize that for day to day, I actually find more useful, the gavroches worn like a loose necklace to add color to my neutral tops.

Which brings me to another revelation...pendants longer than 24” annoy me. I like the look but they bang into things when you lean over. I’ve been wearing larger pendants on shorter chains and it has been a real game changer. Really like the exaggerated proportions..who knew?
I only have a few 90s and plan to keep it that way. Some intricate designs really require that format to showcase, like Kawa or Danse des Amazones, but unless you are in love with a particular design, I find gavs and 70s to be so much more user friendly. I really can’t get into the more fussy, intricate knots (too complicated and don’t fit my style) that you need a 90 to pull off, so unless I fall in love with a design that needs the full surface of a 90 to pull off (and there are a few), I am only buying gavs and 70s in the future.

Didn’t have time to plan outfits yet as I have a lot of errands to run . Just took a quick picture with it on with the casual tee shirt and jeans I have on and I decided it is fun and it is staying.
Looks great on you!

I am very much behind on this thread. I don't know if it's just my laptop, but this site was a bit slow a few days ago, and I would keep clicking on things, hoping to speed it up, but to no avail. Luckily, it seems to be working fine now.
I am still catching up on the thread but wanted to say congrats to @880 on your 30th anniversary, and the fabulous cuff!:flowers:
I have been admiring the pictures of your gold Bolide, @BowieFan1971. Such a gorgeous bag, and glad you are happy with your purchase.
@JenJBS, love your orange purse! The purses in this line are so cute.
@cowgirlsboots, congrats on adding the large New Lock bag to your amazing collection! As you know, I am also a big fan of that gorgeous Dior lambskin. :biggrin:

Didn’t have time to plan outfits yet as I have a lot of errands to run . Just took a quick picture with it on with the casual tee shirt and jeans I have on and I decided it is fun and it is staying.
That’s really cute! There’s something “not too precious” with that whole outfit. I mean that in a good way. I sometimes read the “how to wear a Kelly casually” thread..it’s really hard to do.

I only have a few 90s and plan to keep it that way. Some intricate designs really require that format to showcase, like Kawa or Danse des Amazones, but unless you are in love with a particular design, I find gavs and 70s to be so much more user friendly. I really can’t get into the more fussy, intricate knots (too complicated and don’t fit my style) that you need a 90 to pull off, so unless I fall in love with a design that needs the full surface of a 90 to pull off (and there are a few), I am only buying gavs and 70s in the future.
Yeah I know. Gotta stay away from those scarf threads...so tempting. Here I am in a gav..see my hair all flying about...Ugh

93BC4622-F637-44BD-BCBA-7AB1270BF98C.jpeg

I have to always remember this Kondo “spark joy” maxim. Off topic, but I’ve been struggling with my haircut and have already gone back once for a “fix”. I’ve been dilly dallying trying to style it and have been wearing it in a ponytail, which I usually do when it’s getting unmanageable blah blah..ugh if I’m honest, not only does my hair not spark joy, I hate it. Decided. I’m scheduling an appointment for a cut today.

In other news, I’ve had an aha moment on my scarf obsession; It is just too warm to wear the 90’s. I can really only wear them 2-3 months out of the year. Sigh. I’m just not going to buy anymore (even though I’m eyeing the last neutral red cosmographia universalis on h.com) I never got the Kawa ora and still pine for it. I have issues and I’m rambling. Seriously though, I realize that for day to day, I actually find more useful, the gavroches worn like a loose necklace to add color to my neutral tops.

Which brings me to another revelation...pendants longer than 24” annoy me. I like the look but they bang into things when you lean over. I’ve been wearing larger pendants on shorter chains and it has been a real game changer. Really like the exaggerated proportions..who knew?
Ah Ha moments are always eye opening!
If I were to Marie Kondo my hair, I would just have a burr cut and forget about it. (ain't happening)
I hate my hair (though I never say that out loud so that it hears me, because it's already thinning badly (or baldly)), and I think my hair hates me. It's desperately trying to leave, and I am desperately trying to keep it. I know you should let things go if they don't love you (and you don't love it) but I would like to have SOME hair of my own on my goofy head. Stupid hair. :blah:

The gavroches are so much fun, and they really are great all year round!
Yay! It looks great!

Ah Ha moments are always eye opening!
If I were to Marie Kondo my hair, I would just have a burr cut and forget about it. (ain't happening)
I hate my hair (though I never say that out loud so that it hears me, because it's already thinning badly (or baldly)), and I think my hair hates me. It's desperately trying to leave, and I am desperately trying to keep it. I know you should let things go if they don't love you (and you don't love it) but I would like to have SOME hair of my own on my goofy head. Stupid hair. :blah:

The gavroches are so much fun, and they really are great all year round!

Yay! It looks great!
I feel you on the hair! My hair hates me too, and the feeling is mutual. I have always lost a lot of hair. It jams up every vacuum cleaner I've used.

I feel you on the hair! My hair hates me too, and the feeling is mutual. I have always lost a lot of hair. It jams up every vacuum cleaner I've used.
I never stress about my hair! It always looks good and if it doesn’t all so have to do is wet it and comb it.

Cut it short! Come to the dark side....

You're lucky. You don't have frizzy hair or hair that curls in 100 different directions. The shorter it is, the more it curls.
My hair does frizz in humid weather and it is wavy to curly depending on where on my head you look (uneven curl pattern), which is a big part of why I keep it so short. I use a light paste after wet combing it to control the frizz and give it direction. And I have a stylist who specializes in short hair. Most stylists can’t cut short hair or don’t other taking time on it. She does. And I get it cut every 6 weeks. So it is not “luck” and I get “horns” too on both temples once my hair gets over an inch to an inch and a half long as soon as I begin to sweat or it is humid. So I keep it even shorter there.

I cut it after I became an esthetician because my carefully straightened bob would become a mess after the steam portion of facials, not mention GA summers.

Last edited:
My hair does frizz in humid weather and it is wavy to curly depending on where on my head you look (uneven curl pattern), which is a big part of why I keep it so short. I use a light paste after wet combing it to control the frizz and give it direction. And I have a stylist who specializes in short hair. Most stylists can’t cut short hair or don’t other taking time on it. She does. And I get it cut every 6 weeks. So it is not “luck” and I get “horns” too on both temples once my hair gets over an inch to an inch and a half long as soon as I begin to sweat or it is humid. So I keep it even shorter there.

I cut it after I became an esthetician because my carefully straightened bob would become a mess after the steam portion of facials, not mention GA summers.
You always look wonderful in your pictures. I had to laugh when you said you get horns too.