2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our pet mouse had babies in March- so cute and such a wonderful experience. Of course we couldn´t give the little ones away- they instantly became family members- so we went from two mice (one of them the mum who unbeknownst to us came to us already pregnant ) to 9 of them now savely separated into a man and woman cage.

View attachment 5074215
Aw, how sweet! Something similar happened to us with guinea pigs. We had one and a friend had one so we decided to mate them. There were 3 babies. Guinea pig babies are adorable because they are born with fur. They are just tiny balls of fluff. The dad was the teddy bear variety with long curly hair which made them even cuter. We didn't act quickly enough to remove the babies from the parents. That is how we found out that all three babies were girls and that they can get pregnant as young as 5 weeks! We ended up with 19 guinea pigs after we gave the mom back. We gave away many of the babies, keeping the dad and a few others. I don't have any pictures of the babies on my computer but here are the parents.

Attachments

• guinea pigs004.jpg
    guinea pigs004.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 15
beautiful bag!

Very spring indeed! I love the strap!

Great advice. :heart:

She looks fantastic!

Lovely collection!

Great stats for April! and nice job in clearing items away!

:hugs:

Beautiful! congratulations!

Congratulations! I love the style and colour!

Great question! I'll answer later!

Great take away and I agree!

I love the hardware!

Great advice!

Agreed! @880 your new cuff is stunning!

I can't wait to see what's coming!

+1!
Hello everyone,
I'm catching up on everyone's posts. My kitty Velvet, got really sick again early Last week, and she passed away during a procedure Last Thursday. I'm heartbroken; I love her and I miss her so, so much. :sad:
Oh Keodi - I am so sorry! :hugs:
I haven't bought anything purse-related in forever, and then in April I bought entirely too many things. You will note a certain (lack of) color scheme going here.

View attachment 5074222

I mentioned before that I wanted a small structured gray shoulder bag to replace the small gray crossbody I hadn't worn in years. So I spent a while looking at literally every gray bag under 1000 Euros in Vestiaire and Rebelle Europe. This was... not as fun as you would think.

I ended up with a Ted Baker bag, not luxury quality but feeling more modern than my other bags. Definitely at the lower range of bags that I looked at, as in the end I felt like I couldn't justify spending more without seeing a bag in person. I'll probably usually use the shoulder chain, but it also comes with a leather crossbody strap, which is nice.

I am madly in love with sparkletastic's Diorama, but I feel like it would wear me instead of the other way around. I found this wallet which is its own little jewel that other people only see when I choose.

The Longchamp Neo matches the Cuir I bought last summer. I wanted this then, but it was sold out and I settled for the Nordic Blue which is just not for me.

And the Rodo clutch, actually also silver but clearly warmer than the others, satisfies my love for the effect of the BV knot while being a bit out of the ordinary. (And an order of magnitude cheaper.) It's woven aluminum, with a sparkly silver interior and an optional chain.

As I was switching bags anyway, here's the current spill. Rather a mix of cheap and expensive items, .

View attachment 5074265

• Silver clip hooked to the chain to hang the purse from a table; used these days to clip my mask to my purse.
  • Dark gray fabric bag holds sunglasses; the glasses and bag feature PNW Native American motifs
  • Striped fabric bag holds reading glasses; 5 Euros from a local bookstore
  • Diorama wallet
  • Red Calvi holds bandaids, wet wipes and painkillers
  • Green Calvi holds store cards
  • Jolly Roger* bag (from a "to give away" box on the street) holds gloves, hand sanitizer and extra masks
  • Long silver bag is an accessory to the Hermes Yeoh bag, holds umbrella and hand fan
There's usually a lot more color in my bag, and the Yeoh pouch is just a little too long for the purse, so I'll have to go play in my SLG drawer later.

*I'm a mile or so from the St Pauli stadium so Jolly Rogers are kind of ubiquitous here.
I love that Diorama wallet, it’s perfect!
lovely bag spill too!

Hello everyone,
I'm catching up on everyone's posts. My kitty Velvet, got really sick again early Last week, and she passed away during a procedure Last Thursday. I'm heartbroken; I love her and I miss her so, so much. :sad:
Dearest @keodi, I am sorry for your loss. Sending my deepest condolences on the passing of Velvet. There aren’t any words that can diminish your pain. Know we’re here for you. :hugs:

Here´s a new family picture: Dior New Lock

View attachment 5074228

..and a comparison between the large and medium size quilted model

View attachment 5074230View attachment 5074231View attachment 5074232View attachment 5074233

I haven´t checked the "what fits" aspect, yet. The large one will definetely fit a lot (the medium already does!) ... only seeing how the strap is attached I´m not sure whether she should be filled to the brim.

View attachment 5074234
These are all gorgeous!

beautiful bag!

She looks fantastic!

Lovely collection!

I love the hardware!

Great advice!

+1!
Hello everyone,
I am so sorry for your loss. Furbabies always touch our hearts.

beautiful bag!

She looks fantastic!

Lovely collection!

I love the hardware!

Great advice!

+1!
Hello everyone,
I’m so sorry...hugs!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :crybaby: My condolences. :console: It's heartbreaking to lose our furry family members. :crybaby:
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Oh Keodi - I am so sorry! :hugs:

I love that Diorama wallet, it’s perfect!
lovely bag spill too!
Dearest @keodi, I am sorry for your loss. Sending my deepest condolences on the passing of Velvet. There aren’t any words that can diminish your pain. Know we’re here for you. :hugs:
I am so sorry for your loss. Furbabies always touch our hearts.
I’m so sorry...hugs!!!
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the condolences :hugs:
It arrived! You lovelies inspired this purchase with your stunning orange bags during Orange Week! Coach Swinger 20 in original natural leather. Really loving this natural leather. Takes dye beautifully. Such a cute design. :love: :love: :love:

View attachment 5074704
She's beautiful! such a happy colour!

It arrived! You lovelies inspired this purchase with your stunning orange bags during Orange Week! Coach Swinger 20 in original natural leather. Really loving this natural leather. Takes dye beautifully. Such a cute design. :love: :love: :love:

View attachment 5074704
I saw this in the store and loved the color saturation! It's a cute bag!