2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Last night just before I fell asleep I briefly lost my mind and decided I had fallen in love with this (not-yet-released) Gucci bag in their new Queen Margaret line. :biggrin:

Fortunately I came to my senses when I woke up this morning. It's really awfully dressy, with that big honking bee at the front closure, but too large (at over 10 inches across) to carry to places like the symphony or the opera, so it would really be for an every day bag.

Can't you just see me running around town in my jeans, sneakers, and neutral v-necked sweater over a tee shirt, and then carrying THIS??? :annoyed:
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 12.55.41 PM.png

Last night just before I fell asleep I briefly lost my mind and decided I had fallen in love with this (not-yet-released) Gucci bag in their new Queen Margaret line. :biggrin:

Fortunately I came to my senses when I woke up this morning. It's really awfully dressy, with that big honking bee at the front closure, but too large (at over 10 inches across) to carry to places like the symphony or the opera, so it would really be for an every day bag.

Can't you just see me running around town in my jeans, sneakers, and neutral v-necked sweater over a tee shirt, and then carrying THIS??? :annoyed:
View attachment 4073726

TBH I think there are better bags in the Queen Margret lie that are better

View attachment 4071945
Hi Ladies!
I had mentioned earlier after I purchased my black tote that I was looking for a lighter colored tote for summer. I was trying to stay away from anything with conspicuous branding and ended up with these two totes from Cole Haan. I will be returning the bag on the left. It was my backup plan in case I couldn’t get the woven bag, which I prefer. The bag on the right is beautifully made and as you can see, includes a strap, which I like. So now my tote collection is complete!

Life has been nonstop since I was here last. Dd graduated from college this month and ds will graduate from hs in a couple weeks. I’ve had a painter here repainting walls and ceilings and refinishing woodwork. We’ve lived in our home 13 years and it is due! He also power washed our deck for me which looks so much better now!

In our area it is tradition to host a large graduation party when a child graduates from high school and we will be having our party in a few weeks. I’ve always prepared the food in the past (for our two dd’s parties) but this year I decided to have it catered. Even without doing the food, life will be very busy between now and the party.

I hope all is well with everyone here and that you are all having a good spring!

Yes to the woven, that's a fab looking bag.

Very happy for you and both your children there's so much to look forward to.

Madly busy here but just about on top of things...fingers crossed no hicups.

Here's a multicolour bag that I didn't show you but I've been wearing my Amialier Gucci Bright quite a lot recently. Today watering the herbs and new plants (number 4 apple tree in this photo) before going to a party at my friends' shop

Attachments

• IMG_20180519_202641_resized_20180519_093120268.jpg
    IMG_20180519_202641_resized_20180519_093120268.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

View attachment 4073726

Yes. Yes I can see that - it would bee amazing!
(Tempted myself [emoji56])

View attachment 4073726
TBH I think there are better bags in the Queen Margret lie that are better

I have to agree with papertiger (although maybe her reasons won’t be the same as mine). To me, the bag is really eye-catching. I love bees! But ... I’m not sure this bag knows what it wants to be. The bee is like a big piece of jewelry (it makes me want to find an old-fashioned brooch and put it on a boxy little bag!), but the canvas logo print and the canvas stripe detail are, to me, more sporty/casual than dressy. I want to see the bee on the green leather Dionysus (how would that be for over the top?:P) and I want the canvas bag to be a more casual everyday bag. JMHO, but that seems to be the way I feel about a lot of Gucci lately — I like different aspects, but not always how they’re putting them together. Sorry to be a wet blanket on this one!

Last night just before I fell asleep I briefly lost my mind and decided I had fallen in love with this (not-yet-released) Gucci bag in their new Queen Margaret line. [emoji3]

View attachment 4073726
I love this bag. If I could I would buy it in a heartbeat. I think it's very eye catching. I love the intricacies of the bee and how it makes the bag extraordinary. Unfortunately with the house project we have going on this year I can't make any big bag purchases.

I have to agree with papertiger (although maybe her reasons won’t be the same as mine). To me, the bag is really eye-catching. I love bees! But ... I’m not sure this bag knows what it wants to be. The bee is like a big piece of jewelry (it makes me want to find an old-fashioned brooch and put it on a boxy little bag!), but the canvas logo print and the canvas stripe detail are, to me, more sporty/casual than dressy. I want to see the bee on the green leather Dionysus (how would that be for over the top?:P) and I want the canvas bag to be a more casual everyday bag. JMHO, but that seems to be the way I feel about a lot of Gucci lately — I like different aspects, but not always how they’re putting them together. Sorry to be a wet blanket on this one!

As for most Gucci bags the name is usually related to the hardware. This is obviously the queen bee. The bees are beautiful IRL, like jewellery. I do prefer the QM bags with less busy, although unlike some Gucci bags recently at least all the colours tie-in beautifully even with a lot going on.

I'd be a lot more tempted if I wore dressier clothes during the day (like... if I were still working, and had a job where I could carry a branded bag). If I were still doing advocacy work and public speaking, which required fairly "amped up" outfits, this would have been a great Statement bag. But I dress so casually now, I think it wouldn't be a fit with the rest of my look. I dress up my jeans-and-a-sweater daily outfit with an Hermès scarf to keep from looking schloompy, but my bags are usually on the low-key side... they are designer bags, but not "hit you on the head" designer bags, if that makes sense.
ETA: Don't know why this posted twice.

I'd be a lot more tempted if I wore dressier clothes during the day (like... if I were still working, and had a job where I could carry a branded bag). If I were still doing advocacy work and public speaking, which required fairly "amped up" outfits, this would have been a great Statement bag. But I dress so casually now, I think it wouldn't be a fit with the rest of my look. I dress up my jeans-and-a-sweater daily outfit with an Hermès scarf to keep from looking schloompy, but my bags are usually on the low-key side... they are designer bags, but not "hit you on the head" designer bags, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I love this bag. If I could I would buy it in a heartbeat. I think it's very eye catching. I love the intricacies of the bee and how it makes the bag extraordinary. Unfortunately with the house project we have going on this year I can't make any big bag purchases.
I think the bee is really intricate and eye-catching, too. If the bag were smaller, and/or a clutch, I would get it as an evening bag. Too bad (or lucky for me!) that it's a full-size shoulder bag! :amuse:

Great analysis! I see your point. And that's why I kept imagining the bee on a clutch bag... it would be so perfect for dressy evenings out. Putting it on a full-sized shoulder bag just seems... wrong. :annoyed:

Reactions: catsinthebag
Great analysis! I see your point. And that's why I kept imagining the bee on a clutch bag... it would be so perfect for dressy evenings out. Putting it on a full-sized shoulder bag just seems... wrong. :annoyed:

It’s too bad Gucci doesn’t sell the bee as a brooch (or maybe they do???). I’d totally get one and pin it on an old velvet clutch (and clothes, too, of course!).