Gucci serial numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i have seen a lot of people trying to figure out if their gucci is real... i have a authentic vintage gucci that was purchased in italy from a gucci store in the 80's.. my serial number is stamped on the inside (beind the tag and the gucci symbol and made in italy stamp) and it perfectly visable behind the tag.. it has not faded at all! althought the bag was kept in a closet with a duster on it for most of its life(as should all purses be!). if you go into a gucci store they should be able to tell you if your vintage is real.. mine only has 6 numbers on the inside.. i personally believe this.. if the price is too low its probably not real.. if you dont mind wearing the fake and paying less than go for it.. my sugestion would be to only buy a gucci from the gucci store or outlet!

Hi there. I picked up a Gucci handbag at an auction the other day for my girlfriend and am trying to figure out if its real.

The serial number sequence is different then what anyone has posted here. It has 4 numbers on top row & 4 numbers on bottom row. The quality is great and very well made, all the stiching is good and tight, leather cuts are clean, and Gucci engraved on the zippers both inside and out (Though not on the bottom of them).

Now being in fashion myself I have seen a lot of pretty good fakes, but if this is fake, it would we a very well made one.

Thanks

Hi there. I picked up a Gucci handbag at an auction the other day for my girlfriend and am trying to figure out if its real.

The serial number sequence is different then what anyone has posted here. It has 4 numbers on top row & 4 numbers on bottom row. The quality is great and very well made, all the stiching is good and tight, leather cuts are clean, and Gucci engraved on the zippers both inside and out (Though not on the bottom of them).

Now being in fashion myself I have seen a lot of pretty good fakes, but if this is fake, it would we a very well made one.

Thanks

Post it on the authenticate thread. A lot of times there are good fakes, but the serial numbers are usually a dead giveaway

:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Hi...new here!

I see all kinds of different serial numbers for Gucci...some have numbers with a dash on the top line, some have only 4 numbers below and some have the same number of numbers on the top and bottom line. The authentic ones I have seen all have 6 numbers on top and bottom.

Are the others that don't have the same number of numbers on top and bottom all fake or at one time did they format them differently?

Thank you!!

I have 5 authentic Gucci Bags and they all have 6 numbers on top and 6 on the bottom but the best way to be sure is take it to the gucci store

Status
Not open for further replies.