Coach at Target stores?

I saw Coach at my Target today. I saw some of the gold dusted suede wristlets for $89, and the Medium Carryall in brown with red stripe and python down the middle for $339 -- they looked authentic. I also saw a Soho leather bag that even had a dustbag. Can't remember how much the Soho was. I had to go to Target to see for myself!

Coach Accuses Target of Selling Counterfeit Handbag (Update4)

By Susan Decker

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Coach Inc., the luxury leather-goods maker, sued Target Corp., claiming the second-largest U.S. discount chain was selling counterfeit versions of one of its handbags.

Target sold over $1 million in copies of a Coach bag it ``explicitly identifies as a genuine Coach product,'' according to a lawsuit filed Sept. 29 in Manhattan federal court.

The complaint for trademark infringement claims Minneapolis- based Target is purposely misleading customers into believing they are buying a Coach bag at a discount. A bag bought at a Target store in Largo, Florida, ``is an exact replica'' of a Coach bag, the suit claimed.

Coach is seeking a court order barring Target from selling counterfeit bags. The lawsuit also requests payment of any profits the discount retailer made on sales of the item, and the name of the person or company that's been supplying it.

Target has outpaced the growth of bigger rival Wal-Mart Stores Inc. by offering clothing from well-known designers such as Sophie Albou and Isaac Mizrahi. A spokeswoman for Target said the company planned to issue a statement later today.

Target shares rose 57 cents to $55.82 in New York Stock Exchange composite trading and are up 7.5 percent from a year ago. Coach shares fell 20 cents to $34.20 and are up 9.1 percent from this time last year.

The case is Coach Inc. v. Target Corp., 06cv7875, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

So I just came from my Local Target in Gaithersburg, MD and was shocked to see they are selling coach.......the cashier told me they put them out over the weekend and were selling fast. So I bought a rare brown/signature wristlet with a beaded trim for $64.99. It was cute. I called a friend and told her about it. She asked me to pick one up for her. LO and BEHOLD as I'm walking back a lady snags the rest of the wristlets and wallets and tells her husband she's selling them on e-bay. Now I'm one for a coach bag and will do anything (well almost anything) to add a new one to my collection. But get them at a good price and enjoy them. Not make a profit off of them. I agree with both sides. It's great that there selling rare ones at target but then. It's like someone said "Great purse where'd you get it"......................
Will see how long it lasts...............................

:yucky:

Coach Files Suit Against Target: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Coach Files Suit Against Target
Monday October 2, 2:36 pm ET
Coach Files Trademark Suit Against Target Over Fake Handbag
NEW YORK (AP) -- Luxury handbag and accessory maker Coach Inc. has sued Target Corp., alleging the Minneapolis, Minn., retailer is selling a counterfeit handbag that claims to be an authentic Coach product.The New York-based luxury goods company claims a counterfeit handbag that is an "exact replica of a genuine Coach handbag" and that bears a counterfeit of at least one Coach trademark was purchased from a Target store in Largo, Fla.
The lawsuit, filed late Friday in federal court in Manhattan, is seeking more than $1 million in damages.
Target's media relations department didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment Monday.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide

Target Accused by Coach of Selling Knockoff Handbags (Update3)

By Susan Decker
Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Target Corp., the second-largest U.S. discount chain, was sued by luxury leather-goods maker Coach Inc. for allegedly selling knock-off copies of its handbags.
Target sold over $1 million of fake Coach bags it ``explicitly identifies as a genuine Coach product,'' according to a lawsuit filed Sept. 29 in Manhattan federal court.
The complaint for trademark infringement claims that Minneapolis-based Target is purposely misleading customers into believing they are buying Coach bags at discount prices. A bag bought at a Target store in Largo, Florida, ``is an exact replica'' of a Coach bag, the suit claimed.
Coach is seeking a court order barring Target from selling the counterfeit bags. The lawsuit also requests payment of any profits the discount retailer made on sales of the items, and the name of the person or company that's been supplying them.
Target has outpaced the growth of bigger rival Wal-Mart Stores Inc. by offering clothing from well-known designers such as Sophie Albou and Isaac Mizrahi. Messages left with Target's media relations office weren't returned.
Target shares rose 57 cents to $55.82 in New York Stock Exchange composite trading and are up 7.5 percent from a year ago. Coach shares fell 20 cents to $34.20 and are up 9.1 percent from this time last year.
The case is Coach Inc. v. Target Corp., 06cv7875, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
To contact the reporter on this story: Susan Decker in Washington at [email protected] .

hahahaha! Awesome! Can't escape the long arm of the law.. or millions of angry women! I feel bad though for those who thought they were real though.