Coach at Target stores?

I agree completely. However, if Coach were available at WalMart, that's where I would have to draw the line. I'm good with Target, I love Target, but IMHO WalMart is something else entirely.
ditto.
i hate walmart with a bloody passion. i refuse to shop there, even though there's a walmart 2 miles from my house.
but i love target! i have a fair number of clothes from target and i love em. cant beat them for the trends that you know will fade out quick.
and they just increased my credit limit, too...uh oh.

I agree completely. However, if Coach were available at WalMart, that's where I would have to draw the line. I'm good with Target, I love Target, but IMHO WalMart is something else entirely.

I have severe issues with WalMart and never shop there unless I'm dragged by friends. But that stems from horrible WalMart stories a teacher once told me, and that's another topic!

I agree. I guess to some it's just the thought of having Coach accessible to everyone along in buying candies, chips, shampoo - among other things.
you know, i think that's what's been bothering me...picking up toilet paper and a coach bag in the same trip i just weird...convenient, i guess. but weird nonetheless.
but isn't some of the fun of buying coach in going to the store and getting the shopping bag and all that?and drooling over everything else? i know it's corny but, admit it, you love it!

My brother's girlfriend was actually telling me about this (she's a hair stylist) and she was saying that Target almost buys those products on the "black market of hair supplies" as she put it. They should only be sold in salons and most of the product they do sell at Target stores is old :Push: I'd pay the few extra bucks to go into a salon to buy it. Lucky for me, I don't have to. I use her discount and get it straight from the beauty supply store. Yay!

This is ABSOLUTELY true! Not only could it be old, there is the very distinct possibility that it is counterfeit. Plus, they usually mark the price UP!

I guess I kind of have mixed feelings about Coach being in Target. Since I live in such a rural area I sincerely doubt any of my local stores will be receiving any Coach or Dooney.

Coach Files Suit Against Target: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
NEW YORK (AP) -- Luxury handbag and accessory maker Coach Inc. has sued Target Corp., alleging the Minneapolis, Minn., retailer is selling a counterfeit handbag that claims to be an authentic Coach product.

The New York-based luxury goods company claims a counterfeit handbag that is an "exact replica of a genuine Coach handbag" and that bears a counterfeit of at least one Coach trademark was purchased from a Target store in Largo, Fla.
The lawsuit, filed late Friday in federal court in Manhattan, is seeking more than $1 million in damages. Target's media relations department didn't immediately return a phone call seeking comment Monday.

I heard this on the news today while driving in my car. I'm really surprised by the whole thing. At one point, while living in Minnesota (where Target is headquartered), I knew quite a few people from their parent company and from Target, and the corporate culture always struck me as being pretty good. It is hard to imagine that Target intentionally went out and bought fakes or had them made. I hope we eventually hear the whole story, but I'm inclined to think that one of their buyers somehow screwed up or fell into a trap. Maybe s/he was in China and thinking that s/he was dealing with an authorized Coach wholesaler or something like that. It just seems too bizarre!