How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

Hello MissOrange, I am impressed by your results. Kindly let me know whether the fatgrafting in Korea was done before the facelift or after. And what means VR lift?

And how long will fat grafting last. I read that it can be reabsorbed, sometimes quit fast and in an uneven manner.... Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: MissOrange
Hello MissOrange, I am impressed by your results. Kindly let me know whether the fatgrafting in Korea was done before the facelift or after. And what means VR lift?

And how long will fat grafting last. I read that it can be reabsorbed, sometimes quit fast and in an uneven manner.... Thank you
Hi @Shakun, yes I had fat grafting in Korea before the facelift. I had 5 facial fat grafts in total but think I could have stopped after the 4th and had a facelift earlier. VR just means a vertical vector facelift. VR can be macs, smas or even DP. But I would only recommend a smas facelift with steroids.

Hi @kaixin05, it is best to use fresh fat each time. Make sure you can source prednisolone as the swelling from facial fat graft can be extreme.
Thanks for the reply, MissOrange. Is prednisolone not available in Korea? In Western Europe it is only available on perscription of a physician, not over the counter. I would assume the surgeon would get it for his procedure on you.

Never get a forehead lift, cheek or chin implants. Actress Kim Basinger looked better before she had alloplastic implants. A forehead lift shifts the hairline posteriorly which combined with aging and a naturally receding hairline, may enlarge your forehead.

Collage_2024-04-23_05_32_03.jpg

Reactions: Gats
Today’s post is a stark warning against getting deep plane neck lift. There IS a retaining ligament in the neck, the cervical retaining ligament and once severed it is permanent! I have been seeing more and more neck fails after deep plane neck lift even with revision failing as soon as 10 weeks post. Please only get smas facelift and if your neck is at least a dedo class IV do you get a regular neck lift. And of course only with postop steroids.

E0FCD032-DFB1-4E90-A2E5-61828CBA8F6E.jpeg

Reactions: Gats
Many ladies get facelifts without fat volume replacement. This may create an unnatural lift with potential fat herniation as deep plane facelifts cut the retaining ligaments that hold fat in their respective compartments. The face may then drop and look square again with loss of high cheek volume. Note how even Dr Karam missed his wife’s superior orbital fat compartment.

Only the expertise of Korean fat transfer surgeons with decades of experience can correctly replace fat in all the superficial and deep compartments. I am truly fortunate I ventured to Korea for facial fat transfer to replace superior orbital fat loss, lateral temporal cheek fat loss, forehead fat loss, malar fat pad loss, nasolabial, mandibular and premental fat loss for 2.5 million won and top ups for 1 million won.

OMG! Fellow GP Dr Tim Pearce worked out the same principles that I have, ie the importance of the ligaments and fat pad volume (he depicts as pink balloons sandwiched between the ligament scaffolding). How terrifying then to think of deep plane facelifts that cut these ligaments which then may lead to perhaps permanent facial instability.

il_570xN.4086468241_i78n.jpgDEB5C1E5-F4B3-488A-B433-F48FC31785A2.jpeg6D0000AC-D426-4FA7-A82C-700D36D9EB47.png2F289F6F-EC83-4A37-91BD-6BBD855C7056.png26B6C522-013C-4F8D-90D7-747BDC4B1392.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Gats and Lien
Bearing all this in mind, now have a look at my late 40s before vs almost 58 after. You can see there is more fat now in the lateral temporal cheek compartment, forehead compartments, superior orbital compartment, malar compartment, and so on and so forth. The lip lift is a must by your 50s too.

As for why I do not advise people get a forehead or brow lift is because this too can damage or sever ligaments in the forehead if done as part of a deep plane and may cause the brow to drop significantly. It is easier to replace fat volume in the forehead and not harm the ligaments. Aargh and yes I know! I look prettier as a blonde! The longest I have held out as a brunette is one month so I may give in by next month.

525F545D-4956-4A69-8537-DF8A44C605A3.jpeg

Good tips MissOrange. I would also add multiple skin rejuvenation with lasers. This is often overlooked because even if you fill and pull back the skin envelope, the collagen and elastin bonds will still be weaker in an older face and if you don't fix the skin, it will look "off".

But anyway, I have these problems and I am 30, lol.

Can I ask who did your lip lift? I need a revision for this.
What kind of laser procedures are you talking about ? This is something I’d like to know more info on please?

Today’s post is a stark warning against getting deep plane neck lift. There IS a retaining ligament in the neck, the cervical retaining ligament and once severed it is permanent! I have been seeing more and more neck fails after deep plane neck lift even with revision failing as soon as 10 weeks post. Please only get smas facelift and if your neck is at least a dedo class IV do you get a regular neck lift. And of course only with postop steroids.

View attachment 5990238
I'm confused by the different types of necklifts. Platysmaplasy? Sub mandibular gland tightening?