2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

So pretty! It'll go with everything too, congratulations
Thank you! As you might recall, a goal for the last two years has been to redo my jewelry. I got rid of most of my fashion jewelry pieces (except for Hermes and Tiffany, although I did sell a bunch of Tiffany silver pieces I bought two decades ago since I wasn’t wearing them anymore) and took in old fine jewelry pieces I wasn’t wearing to sell for the gold (many of them were things my mom gave me after she and my dad divorced and I have never worn). I thinned my collection quite a bit with the intention of using any money made toward a few select pieces that are versatile and go with my wardrobe. Although I don’t see much mention of it on tPF, I love LAGOS and fell for this pink ceramic the moment I saw it, although I sat on the purchase for almost a week to make sure I really wanted to add it. DD took the photo for me and I kept revisiting it over the week, plus tried on an other bracelet from the collection that a different store near me had in stock to make sure I got the one that would work best for me.

My blue bags,

• Louis Vuitton Bleu Nuit Alma Vernis PM
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs Electric Stage Blue Natasha
  • Chanel 16A Navy Sheepskin Mademoiselle Vintage Flap
086DA27C-087D-4467-937B-117E4E61CBBC.jpeg

5B0BBF06-EC59-4878-89F6-7FCFB0BA6BC6.jpeg

• Hermes So Kelly Eclat 22 Bleu Saphir/Bleu Izmir Taurillon Clemence
2E9662A6-674F-4C91-AB36-068FCC8A4A14.jpeg

Blue is my favorite color!

Attachments

• IMG_8345.jpeg
    IMG_8345.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9688.jpeg
    IMG_9688.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4012.jpeg
    IMG_4012.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8495.jpeg
    IMG_8495.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6045.jpeg
    IMG_6045.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4195.jpeg
    IMG_4195.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6272.jpeg
    IMG_6272.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7576.jpeg
    IMG_7576.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6328.jpeg
    IMG_6328.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 6
@More bags & @dcooney4 you have very beautiful blue bags :loveeyes:!

My "blue" bags are all turquoise :nuts: - my favorite color. I got a bit obsessed with the faded blue color from Coach last year and got 2 bags:giggle:. I absolutely love my turquoise NeoNoe BB which was a store exclusive and also could not pass on the tote from Aspinal of London.

View attachment 5960606
I love these colors too! Twins on the Cassie.

• Love
Reactions: Sibelle

My "blue" bags are all turquoise :nuts: - my favorite color. I got a bit obsessed with the faded blue color from Coach last year and got 2 bags:giggle:. I absolutely love my turquoise NeoNoe BB which was a store exclusive and also could not pass on the tote from Aspinal of London.

View attachment 5960606
That faded blue color is gorgeous! I somehow missed those . All the bags are beautiful.

February
  • Bags in/out 0/0
  • Scarves in/out 2/0
    • purple twilly
    • black planifleurs
  • Clothes in/out 3/0
    • prada flats
    • cape
    • black blouse
  • Other in
    • necklace
    • brooch
  • Physical books read
    • Secret Lives of Colour
    • Shortest History of Germany

My scarf purchase from January was lost in the mail, so I should adjust my numbers eventually.

I dropped off a lot of items at the local resale shop and then promptly bought jewelry, etc.

Mostly I’ve been carrying stuff in my pockets, only carrying my laptop around in various colors of Longchamp shoppers.

I read 2 physical books (seriously I need to control the tottering stacks, so Kindle books don’t count):
Secret Lives of Colour: Easy to pick up and put down with a page or two of information on each color. As always, I thoroughly disagree about colors (“how is that yellow? is clearly green!”) which makes me doubt my own reality.
Shortest history of Germany: Was hoping for a potted history - was informative until the last 30 pages/20 years, which were weird and wrong and then made me doubt the previous 200.

View attachment 5960606
Really pretty sea foam greens and blues!

I really like what Coach has been doing.

On the Aspinal tote, those “button holes” (I know there’s a name for it but can’t recall) - are they to be disengaged to fit a newspaper? They used to have that feature on briefcases. Yeah, I still read a paper newspaper (though the news is just depressing, but that’s another topic)

Really pretty sea foam greens and blues!

I really like what Coach has been doing.

On the Aspinal tote, those “button holes” (I know there’s a name for it but can’t recall) - are they to be disengaged to fit a newspaper? They used to have that feature on briefcases. Yeah, I still read a paper newspaper (though the news is just depressing, but that’s another topic)
Thank you! Yes I think Coach is on top of their game recently. Love many of their new bags & colors!

These applications on the Aspinal tote are decoration only. You cannot use / detach them. And yes the news have been very depressing for the past 4 years. I try to avoid the news as much as possible :-s.

View attachment 5960606
Wow!!! These are all very beautiful!

• Love
Reactions: Sibelle
I just got back from a 1 week vacation in Japan. Naturally (lol!), I came home with bags that add to my tally for February.

Bags in : 3 (1 Loewe preloved; 1 Longchamp net bag and 1 Lululemon nylon belt bag) all bought in Japan
Bags out: 0
Scarf : 1 H scarf from Japan

As you may have noticed, traveling is a dangerous thing for my wallet!

Here is the Loewe bag I bought. It’s pink! Right for last week’s color showcase. Anybody here knows the model name?
View attachment 5959874
ohmygosh - I love this! So cute!
Blue is my favorite color!
:heart:
These are lovely - what is the one in the top row, far right (with the ring)?

View attachment 5960606
Gorgeous colors!
February
  • Bags in/out 0/0
  • Scarves in/out 2/0
    • purple twilly
    • black planifleurs
  • Clothes in/out 3/0
    • prada flats
    • cape
    • black blouse
  • Other in
    • necklace
    • brooch
  • Physical books read
    • Secret Lives of Colour
    • Shortest History of Germany

My scarf purchase from January was lost in the mail, so I should adjust my numbers eventually.

I dropped off a lot of items at the local resale shop and then promptly bought jewelry, etc.

Mostly I’ve been carrying stuff in my pockets, only carrying my laptop around in various colors of Longchamp shoppers.

I read 2 physical books (seriously I need to control the tottering stacks, so Kindle books don’t count):
Secret Lives of Colour: Easy to pick up and put down with a page or two of information on each color. As always, I thoroughly disagree about colors (“how is that yellow? is clearly green!”) which makes me doubt my own reality.
Shortest history of Germany: Was hoping for a potted history - was informative until the last 30 pages/20 years, which were weird and wrong and then made me doubt the previous 200.
Great stats Fizzy! I'm so sorry your scarf has been lost - it may show up unexpectedly (I hope)!
I also have several tottering stacks of actual books, and a goal this year is to reduce the sheer number of them by - good golly - reading them!
(which means I have started 3 of them and have managed to scatter them around the house just in case I find myself sitting near one :lol:)