2024 Resolution: Shopping my own Bag and SLG Collection

ANNUAL COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!!

A long standing trading (9 years and counting!) is to remind ourselves of how wonderful our own collections are by showcasing them by color. We can see how far we have come, collection wise, and we reminded that we have all (or most of) what we need making it easier to shop our own closets.

To make this celebration fun, we share bags of a certain color each week.

COLOR WEEK BAG SHOWCASE!

• New color weeks start each Sunday

• Don’t jump ahead but, if you miss a week, please do show your bags “late”.

• Show bags individually or in a group

• You do NOT have to wear the bags that week

• For added fun, show pictures from previous years (2016-2023) or even just one photo from when you started your collection to demonstrate how you have curated it over time.

• This is completely voluntary. There is no pressure to post at any time.

COLOR WEEKS

Feb. 11: Red (including burgundy)

Feb. 18: Orange & Yellow

Feb. 25: Purple & Pink

Mar. 3: Blue & Indigo (including turquoise & teal)

Mar. 10: Green

Mar. 17: Black

Mar. 24: Gray

Mar. 31: White & Cream

Apr. 7: Brown & Tan

Apr. 14: Metallic (gold, silver, bronze and more!)

Apr. 21: Jeweled and all other embellished

Apr. 28: Multicolored

If you have posted in previous years, you can search the previous threads to find old photos of your bags to share the journey of your curation

Congratulations on the wardrobe purge!

I´ve been doing about the same over the last few weeks- very drastically- and it feels kind of liberating.

About half of all my things will stay behind. I had no idea I owned so many clothes, vintage bags, shoes...

With no chance to take everything with me I sorted through it all. What does actually fit me? What do I really like to wear? What has become shabby? What has bad karma?

Today I took 6 huge blue Ikea bags of coats to the storage. Coats I like, but haven´t worn in a while. A green 70ies with leopard collar almost broke my heart. I remember so vividly buying it. It was so pretty that I actually always saved it for "best" and "best" never happened. Now it´s so much too big on me that it looks frumpy...

All my good bags are packed up in boxes. I hope they will survive without damage as I couldn´t fuss too much. Dustbags are like bodybags. The content loses its identity and you can simply tetris them...

Hopefully everything will go well with the transport. It´s due next Friday. Until then I must make sure to schlepp all my stuff out of my room (where I´ve been holding on to all of my boxes just to be sure they are safe) into the downstairs for easier pick up. On the other end my dear older son will be waiting and making sure to find a way to put it all into my far too small apartment.

March 22nd is our day to leave here for good.
I hope everything goes well with the move. It is wonderful that your older son is able to help you.

Congratulations on the wardrobe purge!

I´ve been doing about the same over the last few weeks- very drastically- and it feels kind of liberating.

About half of all my things will stay behind. I had no idea I owned so many clothes, vintage bags, shoes...

With no chance to take everything with me I sorted through it all. What does actually fit me? What do I really like to wear? What has become shabby? What has bad karma?

Today I took 6 huge blue Ikea bags of coats to the storage. Coats I like, but haven´t worn in a while. A green 70ies with leopard collar almost broke my heart. I remember so vividly buying it. It was so pretty that I actually always saved it for "best" and "best" never happened. Now it´s so much too big on me that it looks frumpy...

All my good bags are packed up in boxes. I hope they will survive without damage as I couldn´t fuss too much. Dustbags are like bodybags. The content loses its identity and you can simply tetris them...

Hopefully everything will go well with the transport. It´s due next Friday. Until then I must make sure to schlepp all my stuff out of my room (where I´ve been holding on to all of my boxes just to be sure they are safe) into the downstairs for easier pick up. On the other end my dear older son will be waiting and making sure to find a way to put it all into my far too small apartment.

March 22nd is our day to leave here for good.

Forgive me for being nosy, but has this been planned for long? Will you be closer to your older children? Will you be able to bring your favorite prams?

I’m wishing you all the best with your move!

I was looking at this bag today. I didn’t purchase it but still thinking on it. It is not a brand that will sell well if I get tired of it. What colors would you wear with this ?
That is a nice everyday bag. The green is pretty neutral, I think it will go well with any neutral colors like beige, creme, white, black, brown, grey, even some reds.

Reactions: Purses & Perfumes
That is a nice everyday bag. The green is pretty neutral, I think it will go well with any neutral colors like beige, creme, white, black, brown, grey, even some reds.
Thank you ! I like the shape and leather on it a lot. I have a lot of muted olive clothing that it won't go with , but I do have beige , white, creme, black and grey. I will think on it a bit more.

Reactions: Sibelle
Forgive me for being nosy, but has this been planned for long? Will you be closer to your older children? Will you be able to bring your favorite prams?

I’m wishing you all the best with your move!
You aren´t nosy! No problem. I started talking about it on here...

No, it hasn´t been planned for long. There was a dramamtic situation last month in which I suddenly knew without the slightest doubt, that it was high time to leave this relationship of 16 years and this house and town and go back home to the city I grew up and where my older children still live.
I still have an apartment there and a job I can return to.
From this moment on every memory, every sign, I always chose to disregard/ ignore started resurfacing and showing me how toxic this relationship has been for far too long and that there is no future for it.

My prams will have to stay here in the big storage house that still is mine, but of course with me leaving and him already using over half of it for his cars and stuff totally out of my control. I simply have to say good bey to my wonderful big collection and hope that maybe he will one day do the museum we always planned to do... no chance to take several hundred prams... I still have the memories.

Thank you so much!

Dearest @cowgirlsboots, I’m sorry to hear about the situation that caused you to make a hard decision about your relationship and your upcoming move. I’m sure they are all difficult decisions you didn’t make lightly. Good luck with the move and the transition - I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. I’m sending you and your son positive thoughts, hope, and good wishes. You are strong, resilient, and adaptable.

Dearest @cowgirlsboots, I’m sorry to hear about the situation that caused you to make a hard decision about your relationship and your upcoming move. I’m sure they are all difficult decisions you didn’t make lightly. Good luck with the move and the transition - I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. I’m sending you and your son positive thoughts, hope, and good wishes. You are strong, resilient, and adaptable.
Thank you so much dear @More bags !

• Love
Reactions: More bags
Very proud to say that I rehomed a bunch of things that weren’t working
(a dear friend loves to wear vintage and takes them off my hands)

Re the red and green Donald brooks windwpane with fringe, I had a coat, a jacket, and a skirt.
And I kept the coat :smile:
View attachment 5961336

ETA: I’ve been wearing my 35 Victoria bags lately, and it makes me so happy to shop my closet. Normally I wear the etoupe one, but in the heavy rain, I wear ebene. The leather is fabulous, and they hold a ton, including my French lesson textbooks. DH wears his evelyne sellier which holds up pretty well in wet weather too. Here, with his Norwegian Rain raincoat and Edward green boots. Ebene was very popular around 2008, along with blue jean and vert anise. I think Hermes is bringing dark bittersweet brown back for fall 2024. What was old is now new again. Lol

View attachment 5961339View attachment 5961340

Well done!

DH looking cool.

Ebene is a great alternative brown for those that prefer a cool brown. I must say, I like most shades of brown except perhaps Etoupe, but I know there are quite a few who can only wear cool shades.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
@More bags & @dcooney4 you have very beautiful blue bags :loveeyes:!

My "blue" bags are all turquoise :nuts: - my favorite color. I got a bit obsessed with the faded blue color from Coach last year and got 2 bags:giggle:. I absolutely love my turquoise NeoNoe BB which was a store exclusive and also could not pass on the tote from Aspinal of London.

View attachment 5960606

Fabulous for Summer :nuts:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sibelle
My blue baby from last Monday (always photographs on the grey-side)

It's such a pleasure to use, probably my most carried BTH. DH is in Scotland so I went to the Chanel exhibition with a friend in the morning, then lunch. Then shopping, Valentino and Gucci. I bought a leather skirt in Valentino which was a spontaneous purchase (not my usual habit) but the leather was so nice I'm afraid I couldn't resist. I explored the new Gucci but didn't buy anything as my SA was away and I like to go through him. Then I went to see High and Low:John Galliano film at a preview (I wrote about it in another thread). By the time I got home it was 1.30am due to train irregularities. Took all Tuesday to recover LOL.

1710094716445.png

Obviously I have other blue bags but you've seen them all for many years.

My blue baby from last Monday (always photographs on the grey-side)

It's such a pleasure to use, probably my most carried BTH. DH is in Scotland so I went to the Chanel exhibition with a friend in the morning, then lunch. Then shopping, Valentino and Gucci. I bought a leather skirt in Valentino which was a spontaneous purchase (not my usual habit) but the leather was so nice I'm afraid I couldn't resist. I explored the new Gucci but didn't buy anything as my SA was away and I like to go through him. Then I went to see High and Low:John Galliano film at a preview (I wrote about it in another thread). By the time I got home it was 1.30am due to train irregularities. Took all Tuesday to recover LOL.

View attachment 5963926

Obviously I have other blue bags but you've seen them all for many years.
Thank you!

Glad you and your friend were able to have such a nice day! You deserve the leather skirt and I’m sure it’s gorgeous! :smile: