"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

looks exactly like my Alma BB bag!!!! I was also bothered by it but as I have it too (bought my Alma BB in Paris FS 2 months ago), maybe it is considered normal? it is the place where they like close the stitch.
I had this same red stitches peeking through on some of my bags with red lining, 1st was MWT Alma bb, then speedyb ebene and recently MWT speedyb.

A quick fix did the trick for me, using an edge coat and pin. I carefully used the pin tip to dab the edge coat on the red stitch. Now the red eye sore is no longer obvious :biggrin: of course exchange is an option within 30 days for non-personalised items, I just didn't want to go thru the trouble since I have the edge coat on hand anyway.

20230608_105208.jpg

20230608_105643.jpg

20230608_105820.jpg

It's common for the Alma bags. There are perfectly aligned bags out there too.
My Alma BB DE is slightly crooked like yours, but it was the best out of about 5 I had seen at the time, so I kept it because I didn't want to continue searching for that "perfect" bag.
It used to bother me a bit, especially when I saw other people's perfectly aligned reveals, but I also noticed other reveals with crooked alignment.
So now I just enjoy my bag and it doesn't bother me.
But if it bothers you, you should exchange it.
oh my god, I was searching for this comment:smile: you can see my question above regarding the exact same "issue" it drove me crazy haha glad you answered that it is normal for even DE ones! phew!

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
Hello, bag lovers! I'm so glad I have found this amazing forum because 1) I love bags 2) now I know I am not crazy lol as there are threads with people discussing teeny-tiny imperfections of their bags:biggrin: and I am one of them!:nuts: So, the story is I purchased my Alma BB DE a few months ago in Paris FS, it is my first designer bag ever so it was a pretty big deal for me... So I created this total perfection in my head thinking paying 1400 euro = 0 imperfections so I did not even know what to check. Just grabbed it and went to the hotel. but later that day I noticed one stitching hole was very big and decided to exchange it to another one they had in stock. SO my story is even with the second bag:cursing: Back home (like home-home) I started inspecting it and noticed the stitching below where DE canvas starts is a bit uneven, the part where leather meets DE canvas (3mm compared to 4 mm as I show on photos) so it is literally 1 mm difference if to look on these small beige vertical lines on the canvas print, it is 3.5 lines on the right and 4 on the left), I started googling alma bb DE bags and honestly noticed 1-2 bags with such unevenness but 95% of bags where pretty even from the first sight, so my case still bothers me..... Guys, what do you think? as it was my first LV purchase I just do not know what to expect and what is considered normal, help me doctors:biggrin: I need to specify I have OCD so even I understand it is more a psychological problem than the actual problem with the bag:-s anyways, I would be glad to receive your objective opinions!!! Especially if I plan to buy more LV products and I do not know what to inspect in store. thanks!!

View attachment 5797544

View attachment 5797545

View attachment 5797546
Welcome :smile:
Well... I could list like 5-6 things on your bag right away that a few members would have gone ballistic about :biggrin: but your bag is fine, it is a very typical Louis Vuitton with all the tiny variations that most of us here wouldn't count as issues but just part of its personality. Enjoy it.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and HannaLV
Welcome :smile:
Well... I could list like 5-6 things on your bag right away that a few members would have gone ballistic about :biggrin: but your bag is fine, it is a very typical Louis Vuitton with all the tiny variations that most of us here wouldn't count as issues but just part of its personality. Enjoy it.
the best informative reply I could ask for. Thanks!

Reactions: BULL
I received my replacement luggage tag and luggage loop for my Noir Damier Geant Eole 50. The luggage loop looks perfect. The luggage tag has 3 or 4 indents on the back of it....please see photos. Am I being too picky, or is this unacceptable? They charged me $100 for just the luggage tag and I know its on the back and all but... it seems like it should look and be new. This is my first time dealing with a "repair" or "spare parts replacement" ...are they going to give me a hard time trying to return or exchange it? I don't want this one...
IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Aliluvlv
I received my replacement luggage tag and luggage loop for my Noir Damier Geant Eole 50. The luggage loop looks perfect. The luggage tag has 3 or 4 indents on the back of it....please see photos. Am I being too picky, or is this unacceptable? They charged me $100 for just the luggage tag and I know its on the back and all but... it seems like it should look and be new. This is my first time dealing with a "repair" or "spare parts replacement" ...are they going to give me a hard time trying to return or exchange it? I don't want this one...
View attachment 5798119

View attachment 5798120
No, you're not being too picky. This is unacceptable. If it were me, I'd return this one and get a new one w/o a second thought. I doubt they'll give you a hard time about it. Get a new one that you're 100% happy with!

Good morning! Looking for some advice.

I've been stalking this bag for months. Finally went to a local store (an hour away) and purchased it, as it went out of stock online shortly before I could get to the store. That bag said "Made in France" on the exterior tab on both the large pouch and smaller pouch inside. I ended up returning that bag because it wouldn't stand up on its own and also felt used. The SA had taken it out from the cabinet right beneath him with the strap already attached, so who knows how many people had handled it and/or returned it (?).

It kept tipping over on the counter but I didn't have a ton of time that day, so I kind of dismissed it and purchased the bag anyway. Went home and processed that I had watched a dozen YT videos on this bag online and everyone else's bag stood up on their own, while empty, and mine still tipped over even when full of my things. So I drove back 2 hours round trip and returned it since it would always bother me and I knew wasn't normal.

It came back in stock online a few days later so I reordered it. The new one just arrived yesterday and it does stand up on its own both empty and with my items in it, which is great! I love it. But there is one thing - The inside lining of the large pouch says Made in France but the exterior tab is blank! The smaller pouch does say MIF on the exterior tab, so they don't "match." I know no one is going to see them together but me, but I'm wondering for resale value, should I do ever try to sell it, is that going to look "off" to someone else?

I know people are going to say "If it bothers you, take it back. It's a lot of money," - to which I fully agree. But I'm worried about getting "banned" for returning the bag a 2nd time and buying a 3rd one. I already returned a wallet right before buying this bag.

There is a new LV opening up about 10 min from me next week, and I've been invited for a "private tour" of the new boutique. So at the moment I'm thinking of holding on to my bag until then and bringing it with me, and if they happen to have a new one at the store, exchange it at that time. But if they don't, I'm just going to keep it. I'm bummed because I really love the bag and want to fully enjoy it before then.

Can any other TPOC owners tell me if your purse has the same thing? I might feel better if so. Thanks in advance.

20230614_062327.jpg

20230614_062415.jpg

Good morning! Looking for some advice.

I've been stalking this bag for months. Finally went to a local store (an hour away) and purchased it, as it went out of stock online shortly before I could get to the store. That bag said "Made in France" on the exterior tab on both the large pouch and smaller pouch inside. I ended up returning that bag because it wouldn't stand up on its own and also felt used. The SA had taken it out from the cabinet right beneath him with the strap already attached, so who knows how many people had handled it and/or returned it (?).

It kept tipping over on the counter but I didn't have a ton of time that day, so I kind of dismissed it and purchased the bag anyway. Went home and processed that I had watched a dozen YT videos on this bag online and everyone else's bag stood up on their own, while empty, and mine still tipped over even when full of my things. So I drove back 2 hours round trip and returned it since it would always bother me and I knew wasn't normal.

It came back in stock online a few days later so I reordered it. The new one just arrived yesterday and it does stand up on its own both empty and with my items in it, which is great! I love it. But there is one thing - The inside lining of the large pouch says Made in France but the exterior tab is blank! The smaller pouch does say MIF on the exterior tab, so they don't "match." I know no one is going to see them together but me, but I'm wondering for resale value, should I do ever try to sell it, is that going to look "off" to someone else?

I know people are going to say "If it bothers you, take it back. It's a lot of money," - to which I fully agree. But I'm worried about getting "banned" for returning the bag a 2nd time and buying a 3rd one. I already returned a wallet right before buying this bag.

There is a new LV opening up about 10 min from me next week, and I've been invited for a "private tour" of the new boutique. So at the moment I'm thinking of holding on to my bag until then and bringing it with me, and if they happen to have a new one at the store, exchange it at that time. But if they don't, I'm just going to keep it. I'm bummed because I really love the bag and want to fully enjoy it before then.

Can any other TPOC owners tell me if your purse has the same thing? I might feel better if so. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 5801876

View attachment 5801883
I just watched a YouTube video and she pointed out the bigger pochette did not have made in on the tab….did you see others that had it? I don’t have this piece so I’m not sure . She did point out the smaller pochette did have the made in written on the tab so yours is correct. You have to decide if it bothers you they don’t match with the writing…the YouTube video was KBotLV in case you want to see it…

Hi to give some background , I ordered new Cluny MM and excahnged two times due to defects , though the bag were structurally perfect but had canvas chips both times. The third bag I received is some how not well structured and I am at loss as what to do . The slouch at sides is uneven , but was perfect in previous two bags . I have attached the pics. I am not picky but its not what I expected . Also the tag is different and short.

B6BFAD66-AECC-4DBC-A28D-04D920A453B3.jpeg

2ABD70D6-F013-409C-BCCF-7DC2B0C304FB.jpeg

AE54EF04-BE62-4774-BF71-8C63B9D87779.jpeg

C6349038-B271-4965-B755-C79EF3B4210C.jpeg

37B324F3-BA52-48D5-89CD-3050C5CFBEE0.jpeg

This is my 2016 Graceful. Is this normal? Louis Vuitton seems to think it is. I have seen other purses replaced for the same reason. Please share your stories. I am so frustrated!!!

View attachment 5802703

View attachment 5802704
I think is normal wear and tear on the vachetta. Looks like the vachetta is dry. I would be surprised if they replaced this bag for you at no charge. You can have the vachetta replaced..

I think is normal wear and tear on the vachetta. Looks like the vachetta is dry. I would be surprised if they replaced this bag for you at no charge. You can have the vachetta replaced..
I think they were referring to the monogram canvas that appears to have worn off along the vachetta trim? Which imo does not look like normal wear and tear at all! I would ask to speak to a manager or another associate; perhaps try a different store, or the phone customer support!