"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

I think they were referring to the monogram canvas that appears to have worn off along the vachetta trim? Which imo does not look like normal wear and tear at all! I would ask to speak to a manager or another associate; perhaps try a different store, or the phone customer support!
Ops, thanks. I didn’t even see that part. They still might consider it wear and tear . Seems like an odd place for it to wear out like maybe it was rubbing from under the arm but agree that’s it’s worth talking to a manager. I’ve never had my Mono bags wear like that….

This is my 2016 Graceful. Is this normal? Louis Vuitton seems to think it is. I have seen other purses replaced for the same reason. Please share your stories. I am so frustrated!!!

View attachment 5802703

View attachment 5802704
Definitely NOT normal imo!!
Take it in again, maybe try another store. Ive seen / heard this with some older Artsys, there was also talk about here in this forum. The batch of canvas was deemed defective and LV exchanged the bags or did refund.
Please fight and dont give up on them so easily. Keep us updated! Good luck :hugs:

Good morning! Looking for some advice.

I've been stalking this bag for months. Finally went to a local store (an hour away) and purchased it, as it went out of stock online shortly before I could get to the store. That bag said "Made in France" on the exterior tab on both the large pouch and smaller pouch inside. I ended up returning that bag because it wouldn't stand up on its own and also felt used. The SA had taken it out from the cabinet right beneath him with the strap already attached, so who knows how many people had handled it and/or returned it (?).

It kept tipping over on the counter but I didn't have a ton of time that day, so I kind of dismissed it and purchased the bag anyway. Went home and processed that I had watched a dozen YT videos on this bag online and everyone else's bag stood up on their own, while empty, and mine still tipped over even when full of my things. So I drove back 2 hours round trip and returned it since it would always bother me and I knew wasn't normal.

It came back in stock online a few days later so I reordered it. The new one just arrived yesterday and it does stand up on its own both empty and with my items in it, which is great! I love it. But there is one thing - The inside lining of the large pouch says Made in France but the exterior tab is blank! The smaller pouch does say MIF on the exterior tab, so they don't "match." I know no one is going to see them together but me, but I'm wondering for resale value, should I do ever try to sell it, is that going to look "off" to someone else?

I know people are going to say "If it bothers you, take it back. It's a lot of money," - to which I fully agree. But I'm worried about getting "banned" for returning the bag a 2nd time and buying a 3rd one. I already returned a wallet right before buying this bag.

There is a new LV opening up about 10 min from me next week, and I've been invited for a "private tour" of the new boutique. So at the moment I'm thinking of holding on to my bag until then and bringing it with me, and if they happen to have a new one at the store, exchange it at that time. But if they don't, I'm just going to keep it. I'm bummed because I really love the bag and want to fully enjoy it before then.

Can any other TPOC owners tell me if your purse has the same thing? I might feel better if so. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 5801876

View attachment 5801883
I have this and mine is just like yours. MIF is stamped inside the large pouch, but nothing on the tab. The smaller pouch has the MIF stamp on the tab. Hope this helps!

This is my 2016 Graceful. Is this normal? Louis Vuitton seems to think it is. I have seen other purses replaced for the same reason. Please share your stories. I am so frustrated!!!

View attachment 5802703

View attachment 5802704
I've never heard of canvas rubbing off. Do you think this is from having it under your arm? I have a Graceful pm and I added D rings and a braided vachetta strap so that it wouldn't rub under my arm.

Hi all,i am new here,just wanted to ask if this is normal for a less than a year bag.i bought this Diane on Sept 2022,and noticed a horrible marks on all of the vachetta trimming around the bag and kept it ever since.i baby this bag and use it maybe less than 10 times since i bought it.i bring it to the store on April and the CA said it was wear and tear,but for a 5-6 month old bag to have that kind of wear and tear is unacceptable.so the CA wanted to charge me if to change all of the vachetta trimming.is anybody with Diane bag have this kind of issue.tq

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_0859.jpeg

View attachment 5802703

View attachment 5802704
Regarding the fading print on the canvas: Not normal, but maybe a "new" normal. A lot of LV Monogram canvas bags are having this issue as of late. Most models seem to be the supple, unstructured ones such as the Delightful, the Graceful, the Artsy, the NeoNoe as well as the OTG tote. If the purchase was within 2 years, possibly up to 5 years, they may offer an exchange of equal or greater value. Unfortunately the time frame from date of purchase is not in your favor in this case, and currently there is no repair option to correct this (even if you were willing to pay, it is simply damaged beyond possible repair). New LV Quality Guidelines no longer recognize this occurrence as a defect and an exchange would be considered a client accommodation by store management. It is frustrating I know.

Hi all,i am new here,just wanted to ask if this is normal for a less than a year bag.i bought this Diane on Sept 2022,and noticed a horrible marks on all of the vachetta trimming around the bag and kept it ever since.i baby this bag and use it maybe less than 10 times since i bought it.i bring it to the store on April and the CA said it was wear and tear,but for a 5-6 month old bag to have that kind of wear and tear is unacceptable.so the CA wanted to charge me if to change all of the vachetta trimming.is anybody with Diane bag have this kind of issue.tq

View attachment 5806473

View attachment 5806474

View attachment 5806475

View attachment 5806476

View attachment 5806477

View attachment 5806479
This looks like wear and tear that maybe it was rubbing on something? It can transfer color sometimes with dark clothes. I have this bag , I’d have to check my vachetta as I do wear dark clothes.

View attachment 5806473

View attachment 5806474

View attachment 5806475

View attachment 5806476

View attachment 5806477

View attachment 5806479
Since Sept 2022 is 10 months. I can see why an SA would say it's "wear and tear" it wasn't sold to you in that condition or as a "defect", so it has happened while is your possession. They will tell you they would charge to replace vachetta. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear..but that's how I see it.

Reactions: fettfleck
Since Sept 2022 is 10 months. I can see why an SA would say it's "wear and tear" it wasn't sold to you in that condition or as a "defect", so it has happened while is your possession. They will tell you they would charge to replace vachetta. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear..but that's how I see it.
Bought the bag on 29sept,I notice the vachetta have like an abbrasion on feb and kept it ever since,that is why i said it was 5-6months when i notice the abbrasion..anyhow,already brought the bag to the other store and the care expert say it should never be like that so they take the bag for whole vachetta replace at no charge.

Reactions: Venice04 and Tashby
This looks like wear and tear that maybe it was rubbing on something? It can transfer color sometimes with dark clothes. I have this bag , I’d have to check my vachetta as I do wear dark clothes.
It was not color transfer,it was abrassion,i dont mind if it happen on the edge of those trimming,maybe i rub the bag on the wall while wearing it,but those abbrasion is like along the vachetta trimming,at the small leather tab that holds the D-ring,all the vachetta leather on the bag started to peel off.

Trying to decide whether to keep or return this monoglam nano speedy. The issue is the zipper. It’s bunched up on one end, and it won’t zip up all the way on the other end. Is this normal for the monoglam collection?A1221260-77AD-4F68-9D22-EA550B6149CD.jpegD8E0DBAF-244C-4672-8CDB-C1B804CE33EC.jpeg

I use this Felicie very lightly, this is only my second summer with it and it still isn’t an every day purse. It’s also my only leather purse from LV. Is it normal for the leather to bow out like this on the flap? It is like the lining and the leather are not attached to each other. I have a YSL envelope and it doesn’t do this so I’m wondering if it is purposeful by LV or something wonky with mine. It’s not a flaw per se but I am worried it could create problems down the road. Any empreinte Felicie owners seeing this too? Or should I take it in?

72CDED6D-7A85-4878-B58A-24E21839A935.jpeg

9EB2850F-6DE0-426B-996A-AD99BB4EB3CB.jpeg

I use this Felicie very lightly, this is only my second summer with it and it still isn’t an every day purse. It’s also my only leather purse from LV. Is it normal for the leather to bow out like this on the flap? It is like the lining and the leather are not attached to each other. I have a YSL envelope and it doesn’t do this so I’m wondering if it is purposeful by LV or something wonky with mine. It’s not a flaw per se but I am worried it could create problems down the road. Any empreinte Felicie owners seeing this too? Or should I take it in?

View attachment 5813213

View attachment 5813214
Such a nice colour combo.
It is perfectly natural, and necessary. All wallets are like this if you have one at hand. The curvature of the outer layer needs to be bigger than the inner lining, so it is smooth when closed (which is the default state). For this, the outer layer is a bit longer, and also they are not glued together, so they can move freely. If they'd do that, it would make the material horribly wrinkled and unnecessarily stressed when opened/closed.
They YSL is a different kind of beast, looks similar at first, but has a different structure.