Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi. It's been a while since I've been on the Purse Forum so please forgive what is undoubtedly a question that has been asked a million times before: I am going to Europe this summer from the US for the first time since COVID. I plan to buy an LV, and am wondering if it is still true to that they are less expensive in Europe than here. Is this still true? Any idea how much less? I will be in Spain, France (not Paris this time, alas) and Italy and assume there would be no cost advantage in one country over another?? Thanks so much!!
Have fun in Europe! Yes, generally speaking it is still cheaper to purchase in Europe. The difference vs USA will depend on exchange rate, VAT rate of the country you're purchasing in and of course the price itself which might go up again until summer... For example, there was a price increase in Europe just a few weeks ago. You can see European prices on the LV website if your change the country setting at the very bottom of the screen where it says "Ship to". Basically, you'd take all this into account and compare to the US price plus your state tax.

Hi everyone- Does anyone own/have opinions on the Odeon Tote PM in DE? I'm considering her but have worn my Neverfull MM DE for so long it's hard to break out of my comfort zone-lol.
I have two Odeon MM's (the non-tote version) in monogram noir and DE which I really love. They lay on the body nicely and hold alot. The pocket in the front is very convenient as well. I purchased the Odeon Tote PM when it first came out but ended up selling it because I hardly used it, it wasn't as convenient. I wish they had put a back pocket on there. I also felt it didn't lay as nicely as the regular Odeon so it wasn't as comfortable. Just my two cents

I have two Odeon MM's (the non-tote version) in monogram noir and DE which I really love. They lay on the body nicely and hold alot. The pocket in the front is very convenient as well. I purchased the Odeon Tote PM when it first came out but ended up selling it because I hardly used it, it wasn't as convenient. I wish they had put a back pocket on there. I also felt it didn't lay as nicely as the regular Odeon so it wasn't as comfortable. Just my two cents
Thanks SO much for the two cents- exactly what I'm looking for Chrissy14223! I just got the bag a week ago and there is something about it that is preventing me from using it. I agree with you that it's just not laying right and I miss the back pocket that I have in my PM empreinte noir. You obviously love the the Odeon MM's since you have 2! I may go check this out to see if it's a better fit for me!

Reactions: Red Bag Girl
Hi. It's been a while since I've been on the Purse Forum so please forgive what is undoubtedly a question that has been asked a million times before: I am going to Europe this summer from the US for the first time since COVID. I plan to buy an LV, and am wondering if it is still true to that they are less expensive in Europe than here. Is this still true? Any idea how much less? I will be in Spain, France (not Paris this time, alas) and Italy and assume there would be no cost advantage in one country over another?? Thanks so much!!
I've made trips to all those countries in recent years plus the UK, and this has been my buying strategy rather than buying here in the US. I think in nearly all cases with LV and other brands (perhaps not Chanel or Hermes) you will see some substantial savings buying in Europe. Make sure you claim back the VAT, which is already included in the price (UK doesn't refund VAT anymore but there is still some good savings there too). Look up the price here and ADD the sales tax on, and compare to the European price (tends to be the same across the board in the EU, and pretty comparable in the UK) and *subtract* 10-12% from the price. The difference between countries would be how much VAT they refund . If not wanting to do all the math then just look at the euro price as 1:1 with the US price (although after refund it might actually be a little less). US customs might claw back a little of that VAT savings if you declare it, but duty is not bad at all.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here owns the Rochelle belt bag. I’m really into that design at the moment but a lot of the ones I see online have the cracking on the straps, brown glue, and I was checking whether this is a common defect with that model?

With this being more of an unusual bag, would LV still be able to fix if something eventually went wrong?

Many thanks ☺️

P.s. and please post of pics you have of yours if you have one! ;)