Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

I am having the same problem right now after returning an Odeon PM I bought online. It’s warped and weird looking—even with my things in it, and it’s just not me, so it went back. I have been around and around with the Client Services advisors and their story changes every time. Finally, an advisor sent me a note apologizing, and telling me they were arranging for the local store director to reach out to me. Later the same day, someone else calls me to say I had no business requesting a store director get involved. What? I didn’t request anyone from the store store call me! That was their idea! I’m just trying to understand why they returned the bag to me since no specifics were mentioned in the accompanying letter.

She then told me they returned the bag to me because they perceived I must have used the bag since I waited until close to the 30 day return period ended. Um, no. It was the holidays and I had hoped to take it to the store to exchange, but finally gave up on the idea because we had too much happening. Besides, “perception” is not fact. I wanted to know what makes the bag unfit to sell (their accusation) because it looks now just like it looked when I first received it. (I do have photos.) Then she mentioned they took their own photos of the return that showed scratches and tarnish on the gold rings and the half inch high LV logo on the luggage tag. I said, “You mean the completely unprotected hardware on a bag that’s been handled by how many people in your department?” When I received the bag, the luggage tag was buckled incorrectly, so the buckle was facing into the canvas (a good way to potentially damage the canvas) and the tag bulged out at a weird angle. I did take the tag off and put the buckle to the front, but scratch it? No way.

Regardless, I can’t see tarnish or scratches on the metal, and since it sat in the box here except for the couple times I tried it on, I don’t see how it could have tarnished in 30 days (I have other Empriente bags that I owned for years and they did not tarnish! Since I can’t see tarnish, did it mysteriously disappear while in transit back to me? I asked her to forward the photos and she refused! What is going on with these folks in New Jersey? It seems like the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

And this “scratched hardware” story is just that—a story. But, not sending me photos is unhelpful—especially since they sent them to you! Very frustrating, and given your similar experience, I’m more determined not to drop this. Attempting to intimidate customers and suggesting we’re liars is horrible service.
Did you return online? I’m wondering if you had brought it in to a store for the return the outcome may have been different? I’ve never had issues returning items and rarely return online. I tried to do an exchange and got messed up so I got my money back although it wasn’t very easy. Are they stricter with online returns than the store?

Did you return online? I’m wondering if you had brought it in to a store for the return the outcome may have been different? I’ve never had issues returning items and rarely return online. I tried to do an exchange and got messed up so I got my money back although it wasn’t very easy. Are they stricter with online returns than the store?
I’ve made LV purchases in-store and online in the past. I did exchange an in-store purchase once with no problem. This is the first time I attempted an online return. The store here has such long lines and I haven’t bought in-store since pre-pandemic, I decided to send it back for credit then get past the holiday and Valentine’s Day shopping madness before attempting a store visit to find something else. Crazy to me that they would be so unreasonable since we’re talking about a bag that cost more than my first car! (Dating myself! ) There are plenty of beautiful, well-made luxury bags that you can purchase and return online without any hassle. This experience and the inconsistency in their responses has really soured me on LV.

I am having the same problem right now after returning an Odeon PM I bought online. It’s warped and weird looking—even with my things in it, and it’s just not me, so it went back. I have been around and around with the Client Services advisors and their story changes every time. Finally, an advisor sent me a note apologizing, and telling me they were arranging for the local store director to reach out to me. Later the same day, someone else calls me to say I had no business requesting a store director get involved. What? I didn’t request anyone from the store store call me! That was their idea! I’m just trying to understand why they returned the bag to me since no specifics were mentioned in the accompanying letter.

She then told me they returned the bag to me because they perceived I must have used the bag since I waited until close to the 30 day return period ended. Um, no. It was the holidays and I had hoped to take it to the store to exchange, but finally gave up on the idea because we had too much happening. Besides, “perception” is not fact. I wanted to know what makes the bag unfit to sell (their accusation) because it looks now just like it looked when I first received it. (I do have photos.) Then she mentioned they took their own photos of the return that showed scratches and tarnish on the gold rings and the half inch high LV logo on the luggage tag. I said, “You mean the completely unprotected hardware on a bag that’s been handled by how many people in your department?” When I received the bag, the luggage tag was buckled incorrectly, so the buckle was facing into the canvas (a good way to potentially damage the canvas) and the tag bulged out at a weird angle. I did take the tag off and put the buckle to the front, but scratch it? No way.

Regardless, I can’t see tarnish or scratches on the metal, and since it sat in the box here except for the couple times I tried it on, I don’t see how it could have tarnished in 30 days (I have other Empriente bags that I owned for years and they did not tarnish! Since I can’t see tarnish, did it mysteriously disappear while in transit back to me? I asked her to forward the photos and she refused! What is going on with these folks in New Jersey? It seems like the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.

And this “scratched hardware” story is just that—a story. But, not sending me photos is unhelpful—especially since they sent them to you! Very frustrating, and given your similar experience, I’m more determined not to drop this. Attempting to intimidate customers and suggesting we’re liars is horrible service.
This sounds like an absolute nightmare. I think in cases like this, it’s important to be persistent to help get a desirable outcome. Have you gotten your credit card company involved? Maybe they can help you get the return accepted?

Reactions: Red Bag Girl
This sounds like an absolute nightmare. I think in cases like this, it’s important to be persistent to help get a desirable outcome. Have you gotten your credit card company involved? Maybe they can help you get the return accepted?
That is what my husband wanted to do after the first two responses, but then I found hundreds of similar complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. In most of the instances that were resolved favorably for the client, LV would only work with them if they had not disputed the charge. And, it appears they have something called an “Escalation” team that is the only one with the ability to override LV Client Services. When the BBB was contacted, the LV response was to send the matter to its Escalation Leadership Team. So, it does seem that persistence matters.

In my last phone call to LVCS, I did ask to speak with someone at a higher level, with more authority beyond LVCS. She told me to request an Escalation—which they do not offer to you unless you push to speak with someone else. It didn’t make sense to me until I found the Better Business Bureau complaints and started reading through those. We’ll see what happens when I call today. Fingers crossed.

That is what my husband wanted to do after the first two responses, but then I found hundreds of similar complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau. In most of the instances that were resolved favorably for the client, LV would only work with them if they had not disputed the charge. And, it appears they have something called an “Escalation” team that is the only one with the ability to override LV Client Services. When the BBB was contacted, the LV response was to send the matter to its Escalation Leadership Team. So, it does seem that persistence matters.

In my last phone call to LVCS, I did ask to speak with someone at a higher level, with more authority beyond LVCS. She told me to request an Escalation—which they do not offer to you unless you push to speak with someone else. It didn’t make sense to me until I found the Better Business Bureau complaints and started reading through those. We’ll see what happens when I call today. Fingers crossed.
I wish you the best with getting this resolved. Please keep us updated if you're able to.

I wish you the best with getting this resolved. Please keep us updated if you're able to.
For an update, I did call back and ask for an “escalation.” Basically, you are transferred to a manager! The last advisor I talked to could have done that, apparently, but chose not to. Regardless, they are accepting the return of the bag, as a “one time only” exception. And, I still can’t find anything wrong with the hardware—even when using the close-up settings on my phone. I did take more photos before shipping it back. Hopefully there will be no more issues.

For an update, I did call back and ask for an “escalation.” Basically, you are transferred to a manager! The last advisor I talked to could have done that, apparently, but chose not to. Regardless, they are accepting the return of the bag, as a “one time only” exception. And, I still can’t find anything wrong with the hardware—even when using the close-up settings on my phone. I did take more photos before shipping it back. Hopefully there will be no more issues.
I am so happy to hear that they are going to be honoring the return. Hopefully the rest is smooth sailing from here.

Hi everyone,

Im not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but here we go... :smile:

Im in a bit of a dilemma, I have fallen head over heels for a Borneo Green Epi Speedy 35 from 1995, and at a good price. Im a 5'9 guy, and this bag has never come up on my wish list before, but as soon as I saw it I loved it.

Im trying to be good, and weigh up my options, as I have a few concerns and hope to get some advice from you all :biggrin:

Firstly, one of my main concerns is if I will even get enough wear out of it. I usually wear pretty casual cloths on a day to day basis, greys, blacks, more muted greens etc, this this bag would be a real pop of colour. My concern is that considering my job, I couldn't wear it everyday (but would make a great summer bag) and because of that will it just sit in the closet and never really come out? Also, considering my height, I'm unsure if it would look okay against my frame. Im more lean than anything but have found it's hard to find any mod shots of this model speedy.

Secondly, the bag is in great condition considering it's 27 years old, but there are signs of wear. The leather zipper pull has a slight crack, so eventually will need repairing, and it doesn't come with a lock/ key or dust bag.

I've been trekking through this forum to find any and all images of bags in this colour and have noticed that (perhaps due to lighting) the colour definitely varies from a more forest green (which is what I prefer) to a brighter leafy green. If anyone has any recent pics of this colour in a bag and would share Id be really grateful.

I hope some of you will be kind enough to add your thoughts, and help me make up my mind

Thanks all!

Hi everyone,

Im not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but here we go... :smile:

Im in a bit of a dilemma, I have fallen head over heels for a Borneo Green Epi Speedy 35 from 1995, and at a good price. Im a 5'9 guy, and this bag has never come up on my wish list before, but as soon as I saw it I loved it.

Im trying to be good, and weigh up my options, as I have a few concerns and hope to get some advice from you all :biggrin:

Firstly, one of my main concerns is if I will even get enough wear out of it. I usually wear pretty casual cloths on a day to day basis, greys, blacks, more muted greens etc, this this bag would be a real pop of colour. My concern is that considering my job, I couldn't wear it everyday (but would make a great summer bag) and because of that will it just sit in the closet and never really come out? Also, considering my height, I'm unsure if it would look okay against my frame. Im more lean than anything but have found it's hard to find any mod shots of this model speedy.

Secondly, the bag is in great condition considering it's 27 years old, but there are signs of wear. The leather zipper pull has a slight crack, so eventually will need repairing, and it doesn't come with a lock/ key or dust bag.

I've been trekking through this forum to find any and all images of bags in this colour and have noticed that (perhaps due to lighting) the colour definitely varies from a more forest green (which is what I prefer) to a brighter leafy green. If anyone has any recent pics of this colour in a bag and would share Id be really grateful.

I hope some of you will be kind enough to add your thoughts, and help me make up my mind

Thanks all!
Can you share a pic of the bag?

Hi. I wanna buy a daily carry bag for camera, iPad. Do you guys have any suggestion ? Thanks
Just seeing this.

Right off the bat: if your camera is a DSLR with a mirror, or the body is already pricey, either opt for an actual camera bag, or get some Ape Case bag/cube inserts. Dedicated camera bags are bulky and usually ugly, but they’re the best at protecting your gear. Camera cube inserts will add bulk to any bag, so they’re not always the most ideal solution if you want your bag to look fashionable.

Otherwise, or if you don’t mind sacrificing camera and lens protection:

What’s your camera, and do you carry other gear with it? If “yes,” what else?

How big is your ipad, and does it have an additional case? If “yes,” how thick is it?

Would you prefer canvas or leather? Women’s/browns, or men’s/blacks & grays?

Do you have a preference for bag styles, and what’s your budget?

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Thanks all!
I can’t say I have personal experience with the bag, but when I look it up online, the Epi Speedy 35’s from that year seem to be all primary colors, so I believe your green will be more of a Kelly green—bright and probably lovely. Personally, I would wear that color year-round, but I like colorful bags. The only pause for me is that it is more of a tote style. If that works for you, seems like you can’t go wrong with it for the right price. Let us know what you decide.

LVMH sees another record year; higher-priced goods drive growth

Then there is the grandaddy of luxury, Paris-based Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton. LVMH (MC.PA), which counts Louis Vuitton, Dior, Tiffany, and Tag Heuer watches, reported record sales and profit for 2022, and hiked its annual dividend up to 12 euros per share, a 20% jump.

LVMH, now the most valuable company listed in Europe, sees the good times rolling, despite macro economic uncertainty.

“During difficult years, whether that’s for macroeconomic or geopolitical reasons, the LVMH group takes market share and progresses, which has been the case since 2019,” LVMH CEO and controlling shareholder (and world’s richest man) Bernard Arnault said at LVMH’s earnings press conference.

The group was able to maintain the same operating margin as it did in 2022 by hiking prices in certain goods like fine wine and spirits, and seeing growth in higher-priced goods like watches and fine jewelry. The company also reported flagship luxury brand Louis Vuitton crossed the 20 million euro mark in sales for the first time last year.

LVMH says the start of the year portends another strong performance to come, and the group is bullish on 2023 as China continues its reopening.

“With the month of January having started well and despite an uncertain geopolitical and economic environment, LVMH is confident in its ability to continue the growth observed in 2022,” the company said in a statement.

Reactions: Purse Chakra
Hi. It's been a while since I've been on the Purse Forum so please forgive what is undoubtedly a question that has been asked a million times before: I am going to Europe this summer from the US for the first time since COVID. I plan to buy an LV, and am wondering if it is still true to that they are less expensive in Europe than here. Is this still true? Any idea how much less? I will be in Spain, France (not Paris this time, alas) and Italy and assume there would be no cost advantage in one country over another?? Thanks so much!!

Reactions: popartist