Louis Vuitton Chat Thread

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know if the LV Mini Dauphine had a few upgrades and or changes since 2019? I own a 2019 Mini Dauphine it is the only pre-loved LV I have ever purchased. I am pretty confident it is authentic, but I guess you truly never know unless you purchase in store. I purchased mine from Rebag and then had it Authenticated through Entrupy. The discrepancies I'm seeing are in the D-rings. The new version looks like they added a notch to the D-rings, where the straps clips in. I'm thinking this is just an upgrade because most of the ones I see online do not have this. On the LV website the photos they show vary with the clip that hold the D-ring. Some have a clip that covers the leather completely and some have a little leather sticking out. Which is sooooo weird to me to have that on the actual LV website, but reassuring that there are version that vary. I will leave a link below incase anyone once to check it out. I am also adding zoomed in photos.

Add a subheading.png

Add a subheading (1).png
Add a subheading (2).png

Hi! New here.. I just purchased a new speedy 25 bandouliere in store. I already had to exchange a week in since a stitching popped up on the side of the bag and the exchange I got also has questionable thread slightly sticking out in the stitching of the handle like it has been cut off. It's upsetting to see so many issues on a new bag let alone on 2 instances now. Would anyone happen to know if this would be an issue in the long run and if it shouldn't be like this?

20230116_094656.jpg

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
Hi! New here.. I just purchased a new speedy 25 bandouliere in store. I already had to exchange a week in since a stitching popped up on the side of the bag and the exchange I got also has questionable thread slightly sticking out in the stitching of the handle like it has been cut off. It's upsetting to see so many issues on a new bag let alone on 2 instances now. Would anyone happen to know if this would be an issue in the long run and if it shouldn't be like this?

View attachment 5693485
Hi @dcaakes. I'm sorry this happened to you. I have had mine for 5 years and haven't had any issues at all. This should be deemed defective imho. I was in the store last Thursday, and as I was waiting for my DH cologne to be refilled, a woman came in with a brand new Odeon and the entire side hoop came off:wtf:. We were talking and I told her I would ask for a new one. The SA just brought it to the back and re screwed it on. At $4K CDN pieces should not be falling off.

Hi @dcaakes. I'm sorry this happened to you. I have had mine for 5 years and haven't had any issues at all. This should be deemed defective imho. I was in the store last Thursday, and as I was waiting for my DH cologne to be refilled, a woman came in with a brand new Odeon and the entire side hoop came off:wtf:. We were talking and I told her I would ask for a new one. The SA just brought it to the back and re screwed it on. At $4K CDN pieces should not be falling off.
Ahhh that's horrible! Thank you for your feedback. Appreciate it!

Reactions: PrayersandPurses
Hi Guys! I’m a member since 2017 but I can’t find my post . Anyway, just curious if anyone has ever tried taking apart the hardware of their lv piece specifically the magnetic plaque on a district messenger? I see a couple of allen key type nuts on the back of the magnetic clip and thought to myself, is this removable? Search everywhere online even YouTube but can’t find any info on it. The reason I’m asking is because I thought of DIY’ing a spray paint job on the brass plaque as mine’s looking kind of dull. Cheers

Has anyone watched the men's FW23 show? It felt a bit...yikes...for me
I think my credit cards will be happy for the first half of the year. The stuff being pumped out is simply hideous -- Frankenbags. And the prices they are asking astounds me. I'm so very glad I have a large collection of icons and limited editions (both mens and womens) that I can enjoy while being amused by these releases. :eek::no::facepalm:

I think my credit cards will be happy for the first half of the year. The stuff being pumped out is simply hideous -- Frankenbags. And the prices they are asking astounds me. I'm so very glad I have a large collection of icons and limited editions (both mens and womens) that I can enjoy while being amused by these releases. :eek::no::facepalm:
I just watched both the LV and Hermes fashions shows. My reaction to Hermes was :loveeyes: and my reaction to LV was:wtf:
So yeah, totally agree:heart: