New packaging

The white box looks like the outer box they always use to put the inner box. That's how I see from the pic.

Hermes gives outer orange box and a inner box to house the fine jewelry.

I think I feel alot on this topic. Usually I don't give so many comments.... I would be so disappointed if I get my holy grail perlee clover bracelet in just a pouch.
Ask for the bracelet/watch roll. It's hard, not soft, and it has a snap.
It's super bulky, but it's probably closest to a box vs. a floppy pouch if you want something hard case.

They will always have the watch roll for their watches.

Last edited:
ah. to me it's all just... shopping. and I was comparing it to Hermès, which is also a luxury brand. it's not like I compared it to shopping for, say, a jug of milk. :biggrin:

but I get it. things are not the way they were and it sucks. but in the end your magic pave pendant is still what you wanted it to be. it's still pretty and probably not different from a magic pave pendant that came with a velvet box. and it's not like they handed to you in a brown paper bag. it's still packaged with what VCA thinks luxury is. and if that is not enough for you maybe it's time to take a breather and reassess if VCA still sparks joy in you.
I agree with all of your posts re this topic, but we are in the minority. And, I do have experience buying fine jewelry from a variety of high end establishments. But, even if I did not have this experience, anyone is entitled to express their opinion politely. I do feel that if a box is important, it would have been better for VCA to give as an option on mail orders, check this box if you would like to omit packaging, or. Request for gift packaging

You may want to text your SA to hold one for you, or better, have him send it to you now. That will ensure you get a box before they run out.
Thanks, I did text her back when I found out about people not being allowed to get a travel pouch since I’m also a travel pouch hoarder. She says she’ll try to secure me the travel pouch and the case so hoping to not be disappointed when I go pick it up in December. If the store still carries the original packaging I may end up getting one or two more things before they switch it all up in 2023. Pave pieces with a travel pouch only?? Pardon my FWP but it’s so offensive to me.

Thanks, I did text her back when I found out about people not being allowed to get a travel pouch since I’m also a travel pouch hoarder. She says she’ll try to secure me the travel pouch and the case so hoping to not be disappointed when I go pick it up in December. If the store still carries the original packaging I may end up getting one or two more things before they switch it all in up 2023. Pave pieces with a travel pouch only?? Pardon my FWP but it’s so offensive to me.
We have another thing in common... we're both travel pouch hoarders! :biggrin: :heart:
Mine are all neatly stacked up by size. I like staring at them. I bet you do too! :smile::hugs:

We have another thing in common... we're both travel pouch hoarders! :biggrin: :heart:
Mine are all neatly stacked up by size. I like staring at them. I bet you do too! :smile::hugs:
I love them so much too!! What I’m worried about is that some members have mentioned they weren’t allowed to get extra pouches, as in the new packaging pouch you get serves as the travel pouch and case therefore customers are only entitled to one pouch per purchase. I believe a member mentioned in Japan she was only allowed to choose between the pouch or the case. I don’t know if this is the policy for all boutiques going forward but it’s incredibly stingy.

This is such a fun thread with us ladies agonizing over a little box. First world problem indeed.
It will not stop me from buying VCA though as the piece is what I love.

But... speaking of boxes...
Now I'm all worked up and want one of those big online boxes! I wonder if they will discontinue those as well. My guess is yes as that seems like such a waste of resources.

I never order online, but now FOMO of the big online box is kicking in! :nuts: :heart:

I think queen of the big online box would be @missie1. I recall she has tons of those big online boxes.

This is such a fun thread with us ladies agonizing over a little box. First world problem indeed.
It will not stop me from buying VCA though as the piece is what I love.

But... speaking of boxes...
Now I'm all worked up and want one of those big online boxes! I wonder if they will discontinue those as well. My guess is yes as that seems like such a waste of resources.

I never order online, but now FOMO of the big online box is kicking in! :nuts: :heart:

I think queen of the big online box would be @missie1. I recall she has tons of those big online boxes.
As annoying as this is, it was a welcome distraction as I sit here covered in baby spit up and counting down the seconds til I can do something slightly more productive than be my kid’s personal servant. :lol: Good thing I have tpf friends who feel the same as I do with this minor first world problem LOL.

This will be interesting for rings, as both my rings (Lotus and Frivole BTF) came in big boxes, almost like a display box.
I can't imagine tossing a big ring in a pouch. I toss my rings in a pouch for travel, but it seems odd to get a chunky Lotus ring in a pouch.

Anyone buy a big chunky ring lately?
I’m curious to see what they do for the chunky items too. Perhaps only the flatter type items will be given the pouch. The BTF butterfly ring is on my wishlist down the line and if I were to receive it in a drawstring pouch I might go mad :shocked:

I’m curious to see what they do for the chunky items too. Perhaps only the flatter type items will be given the pouch. The BTF butterfly ring is on my wishlist down the line and if I were to receive it in a drawstring pouch I might go mad :shocked:
Funny you said that!
The reason why I mentioned the box for chunky rings is the BTF butterfly may be on my list as well!
I was thinking of flying to see my SA in the new year, when in 2023, I will surely NOT get a box! :shocked: :heart:
For me, I'm not loving it as you know (just liking it), but I would like some more BTF rings, so that one might be next.

Can't wait to see your new ring! It will be fabulous on you!

Reactions: missie1 and tenshix
Funny you said that!
The reason why I mentioned the box for chunky rings is the BTF butterfly may be on my list as well!
I was thinking of flying to see my SA in the new year, when in 2023, I will surely NOT get a box! :shocked: :heart:
For me, I'm not loving it as you know (just liking it), but I would like some more BTF rings, so that one might be next.

Can't wait to see your new ring! It will be fabulous on you!
The BTF ring might be for next year or 2 years if I still love it then and if all goes to plan! I think the WG and sapphire BTF will be gorgeous on you!

I’m really hoping this new packaging gets so much backlash from customers that VCA ends up quickly reverting back to the velvet cases or another eco friendly type case that still looks and feels presentable. I wonder if Richemont is planning to cut all packaging across their brands one by one.

As annoying as this is, it was a welcome distraction as I sit here covered in baby spit up and counting down the seconds til I can do something slightly more productive than be my kid’s personal servant. :lol: Good thing I have tpf friends who feel the same as I do with this minor first world problem LOL.
Ooof covered in baby spit up I remember those days very well ( just be glad it's not baby poo ;)

It was mentioned to me that the 'new packaging' will be scanned and accounted for. So no, we will not get more travel pouches in lieu of the box. The boutiques that have ample stock of the 'old packaging' is where you will get the original box until they are all given out. Unfortunately, my boutique has low stock of the old packaging. Best of luck ladies! It feels like the 'price increase of 10/13/2022' and 'HP 2022' fiasco/chase all over again. :hrmm:

Just received my online order in the US (Vintage Alhambra Onyx Pendant) and I still got the massive grey box along with the green jewelry box inside the white box and travel necklace holder.

View attachment 5657443
Did you receive a cleaning cloth at all? Just curious as I’ve never received one with my online orders, but would be nice. I was going to buy a bracelet next year, but now with the packaging changing I may have to do it soon. I want the bracelet box AND the travel pouch.

Reactions: Christofle