Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY @Agrume ! It’s been awhile since I’ve worn cashmeres and had forgotten this has pops of pink :loveeyes:

That BP has my bp racing! I don’t know if you experience this but I swear when the scarf meets its perfect top meets the heavens open and the angels sing. Do I know where you grew up??? (This happened when the giraffes met the dress :dothewave:)

im going to the boutique Tuesday and will ping you if miracles happen and they have a Galaxy

TY! Haha this is striking enough that I can’t wear it that often

Love!!!! So Chic ;) and do I spy BdG love on your mini me? Tres appropriate!

What beautiful colors!

Didn’t ask but always looking for inspo! I rarely wear black :shrugs: and you are correct that this will be a dramatic twist!

At the risk of boring you to tears, not only is Galaxy depicting a home but it so reminds me of my late father who worked in aerospace. I think even he would appreciate the family scene. This has been hanging loose on a rod in the men’s section and it was like a, er, gravitational pull. Beyond the Cosmos ring, I wore another remembrance of my dad: I’d given him a pair of cuff links for a wedding anniversary (fleur de lis, because he met my mom in NOLA) and when he passed I reclaimed them and had them turned into earrings and a ring
so yes this scarf has deep feelings for me
View attachment 5255406

That Cite! I’ve never seen that colorway. Swoon!
Thank you @Snausages- and love your name. Your scarf, the memories and the cufflinks turned into jewelry are so beautiful and special. Thank you for sharing.

This week was drop deadline, so I was to work like a bunny the last few days to get things done on time.

You are a magician, @bunnycat. This PdV pink moussie looks amazing on you :clap: !

Thank you so kindly Marie-the-Mary!

This is so very clever and what a beautiful cw of this design! Mine is dark blue and grey and I wish I had thought of this. Its one of my favorites-- so happy to be scarf sisters ...

:biggrin:

You look amazing as always @bunnycat-- I adore your PdV mousseline and your Esprit Ainou is fantastic.

Thank you @Maedi! I would love to see the pink orange-- I missed this the first time around and searched and yearned and finally @Snausages made my dreams come true. I love maps!

Gorgeous colors and happy memories-- what more could you ask of a shawl? Looking wonderful @Nahreen!

That is a gorgeous colorway @Awillow! I think Cookiefiend found a theme connection in this design! Is it a silk triangle?

Thank you LKB!

Happy Friday, all! I am emulating dear @Cookiefiend once again. Color blocking with Au Bout du Monde and its little sheltering cabin tucked away in the folds...
View attachment 5254081

Stunningly put together!

Congrats, Cookie ... twins!

Thank you, turf!

All fabulous esp. the Esprit!

Thank you Croisette!

A travers champ ... sister with Nahreen

View attachment 5254151

This is amazing Croisette! :tup:

Leaving home, cellphone in hand,
View attachment 5254194

Keys in your pocket,
View attachment 5254195

Picture on the wall,
View attachment 5254196

And on the shelf,
View attachment 5254197

(With sea urchin eye),
View attachment 5254198

Tiny Tibetan meditation bells,
View attachment 5254199
View attachment 5254200

And a beautiful box of personal treasures.
View attachment 5254201

I have not yet deciphered all of the items in this home, but there is definitely a faithful canine companion and some houseplants.

SOTD is Rendez-vous Chez Hermes.

View attachment 5254206
WOWZA! I love all the details you have found on this one!

Ooooo! Gorgeous---especially the luscious raspberry Peuple du Vent!!!

Thank you kindly bruxelles!

Thank you, Hermesguy, LKBNOLA and Snausages! You do have a point, LKBNOLA!

Love those shades of blues - and twins on the first one!

green hems... perfect, Croisette!

Adorable, Susie!

2 great CWs, and loverly to see your family!

Just perfect, CBL!

A very seductive story, RBH!

Those colours are fabulous, and the white shirt makes them shine.

Well spotted, Barbette!

Your Ainou... one of the most beautiful designs!

Beautiful autumny feel!

Another great colourway, with those orange elements! So different from Cookie's.

Perfect with your watch, Croisette!

what an analysis, I think I might be finally convinced to get this one. This cw is great.

Thank you kindly Agrume!

SOTD, off topic, is Tyger tyger. A good colour way for a non-animal print lover... Thank you, all twins and sisters who inspired this find! :hugs::heart:

View attachment 5254238

Magnificent combination!!! You do the animal prints very well!

Tree houses are always fun - especially this one!
View attachment 5254370View attachment 5254371

Oh goodness- so cute! And the colors are fantastic!

@LKBNOLA All so beautiful - that Quatre Chevaux has been on my wish list and it’s moving closer to the top

Beautiful brights @Croisette7

@SusieAugusta perfect red!

Good to see you @Foxy trini and your fabulous Duos!

@CanuckBagLover so beautiful!

TY @hotgalaxy

I love Rendezvous so much! Excellent choice @Redbirdhermes

Another wonderful Rendezvous @garçon_H

Excellent grail acquisition @Cookiefiend and I love me some JB

Cookie sleeps on her back all the time. I call it the ‘Dead Buggin’ pose

Well done @Barbette

@bunnycat yes - moussies one day cashmere the next and you wear them all divinely

I love these colors @Nahreen

@Awillow it’s lovely!

@Agrume Alice Shirley is always a welcome sight! Beautiful selection

Thank you kindly Snausages! :hugs:

Stretching to reach the theme with this. Ummmm, neon needs to be plugged in to brighten things up and my electric sockets at home were needed for this
View attachment 5254509
3 Graces

:lol: Yaaas! That works! (And it is gorgeous!)

Draped my Brandebourgs on the bannister to air out. I picked it up at FSH a few weeks ago and it was right on time for the cooler weather. It was my first trip back to Paris in 2 years.

View attachment 5254576

Beautiful- congrats!

F et F du Texas, actual scarf of the day...lots of nests and cozy homes for creatures big and small.

View attachment 5254550

Les Haras Nationaux by Watrigant, certainly one of my absolute favorite Hermès artists. Gorgeous little maison there for our theme! This scarf defines for me the beginning of the talent that we know. Watrigant's father bred and trained racehorses. Watrigant spent his early years in stables sketching horses.
View attachment 5254551

Here is the actual Haras national du Pin, built between 1715 and 1730 as a royal stud farm under the reign of Louis XV. It is located in Normandy and nicknamed the "Equestrian Versailles." Amazing how close Watrigant depicted the actual Haras for his scarf design!
View attachment 5254554

Perfect for this week bruxelles!

Chacun Fait Son Nid~ I misplaced the tag for this one so unfortunately I don’t know the CW#. I had fallen out of love with this one for awhile but I think this one will be in the rotation more now!
View attachment 5254626

That red hem is DIVINE!!!

Joining in with another Indian palace in Splendeur des Maharajas.
View attachment 5254780
And a cute tent made of H scarves from a print ad a few years ago.
View attachment 5254781

Both of these look fabulous on you xcs!

Closing out the theme week with a scarf that means a great deal to me. I never lived in the continental USA until I came to college and then moved to NYC for graduate school and work. I lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan for over 40 years and for fully half of those took the subway down to the tip of Manhattan to my office in the Battery Park area. So here is my home=place scarf:
View attachment 5254872

Beautiful combination on you! Was this the special issue?

Popping in real quick as I have my sweet pea with me for the weekend.
Home *is* where the heart is ❤
View attachment 5254992

You both look adorbz! She's got on the cute BdG Love. Awwww.....she'll be a scarfie very soon!

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful comments and likes.

I was enabled by @LKBNOLA four months ago to seek out and find Chacun fait son nid. Introducing this marvelous scarf today. This is another design that will work well with my fall outerwear.

View attachment 5255052

Fantastic rbh! The blue is luscious!

@LKNOLA the pink and orange Isle. View attachment 5255295View attachment 5255291View attachment 5255292View attachment 5255293View attachment 5255294Faubourg Tropicale as home to wild creatures, Les Pivoines with magical villas and Écuries, home for happy horses.

WOWOW! Look at the color on that Isle! :loveeyes:

Thank you sweets, but I hope you see Notre Dame - she’s a great lady and they’re working so hard on her. It will give you hope. ❤
I completely agree with Cookie on this @Karenska-- it is now a testament to resilience and optimism and painstaking work. We saw in 2019 and where I had been anxious in anticipation, I left hopeful and reassured...
Dear Friends, thank you so much for this. When I visit Paris again, I know I will visit the iconic cathedral, but hearing your words of hope and reassurance definitely eases the trepidation and heartbreak I expect to feel. :hugs:

Closing out the theme week with a scarf that means a great deal to me. I never lived in the continental USA until I came to college and then moved to NYC for graduate school and work. I lived on the Upper West Side of Manhattan for over 40 years and for fully half of those took the subway down to the tip of Manhattan to my office in the Battery Park area. So here is my home=place scarf:
View attachment 5254872
A beautiful, beautiful scarf and sentiment, Lkbnola. So pretty with your top. I just love it!

Reactions: LKBNOLA
Dear TPF thank you for providing me a break from packing and agonizing over which scarfs get to travel to NOLA and which wait patiently here in the cold until May. I'd rather look at your mod shots than this:
IMG_1455.jpg

Thank you so much @Croisette7 , @Agrume and @Maedi for the compliments on my green sweater. It was just a happy accident that I plucked it off a pile just before packing! Now I have another nice scarf/sweater combo!
Such a perfect memory scarf---great story and how kind of Hermès to create a design just for you! Haha! Love it and the cw too!
:lol: --but yes, nice to have the resonance with the design and the cw is perfect (though the river rarely looked so blue!).
@LKNOLA the pink and orange Isle. View attachment 5255295View attachment 5255291View attachment 5255292View attachment 5255293View attachment 5255294Faubourg Tropicale as home to wild creatures, Les Pivoines with magical villas and Écuries, home for happy horses.
Ah, thank you for this @Maedi-- the Cite in pink and orange (a combination I love) is a real stunner. I forgot about Pivoines for this theme and your Ecuries is charming.
That BP has my bp racing! I don’t know if you experience this but I swear when the scarf meets its perfect top meets the heavens open and the angels sing. Do I know where you grew up??? (This happened when the giraffes met the dress :dothewave:)

im going to the boutique Tuesday and will ping you if miracles happen and they have a Galaxy

At the risk of boring you to tears, not only is Galaxy depicting a home but it so reminds me of my late father who worked in aerospace. I think even he would appreciate the family scene. This has been hanging loose on a rod in the men’s section and it was like a, er, gravitational pull. Beyond the Cosmos ring, I wore another remembrance of my dad: I’d given him a pair of cuff links for a wedding anniversary (fleur de lis, because he met my mom in NOLA) and when he passed I reclaimed them and had them turned into earrings and a ring
View attachment 5255406
Oh, yes @Snausages! I do know that exhilarating feeling when the scarf/outfit just sings and of course please ping me anytime you see an item I have mentioned...A scarf here, a scarf there and pretty soon you're talking real money to paraphrase someone...
I was very touched by your story of the association of Galaxy and your late father and the beautiful reclamation of the cufflinks made me tear up...A lovely thing to do and have to keep him close.
Beautiful combination on you! Was this the special issue?
:ty: Bunnycat. It is the special issue for the Conservancy. One of my Board members was also deeply involved on that Board of Trustees as well so I used to have a chance to see/hear about plans and projects in detail. It was amazing to see the transformation over the years. And then of course after 9/11.
A beautiful, beautiful scarf and sentiment, Lkbnola. So pretty with your top. I just love it!
:ty: I know the City is special to you too, dear Karenska.

Last edited:
Gorgeous colors and happy memories-- what more could you ask of a shawl? Looking wonderful @Nahreen!
Thank you LKBNOLA. Yes, definitly happy memories. I hope your packing is going fine. I can´t imagnine having to choose what scarves to bring for an extended stay.

A travers champ ... sister with Nahreen
Happy to be sisters with you Croisette.

Reactions: Croisette7
I seem to once again be late to the party here, but have been touched & delighted at the examples shared (and have done much emoji Liking, etc.) :tup:

Thanks so much @xincinsin for heartfelt hosting :heart:

———————————————————————-

Before we change themes I’d like to squeak in & share a few...

Per Astra Ad Astra has many tiny homes in the distance:
0757232C-CB52-48BC-A175-E8659591A2E4.jpeg
FCFC18A6-2A12-4A53-9543-0894C0DD0579.jpeg

Au Coeur Des Bois features a sweet bird home in the center:
2D7EEFAB-100D-4B34-9A34-8D30067774AA.jpeg
D6EEC67F-E48A-4C2F-B122-A664D218B385.jpeg

Équipements Civils et Militaires has a few dwellings- tents and a barn home for the horses:
1D965B28-3EBE-4797-B653-D5034F7F4149.jpeg
91B0AD66-A2DC-4BF7-B4F6-ACF05A43DF12.jpeg

Popping in real quick as I have my sweet pea with me for the weekend.
Home *is* where the heart is ❤
View attachment 5254992
What a gorgeous photo of 2 scarf lovers!

TY @Agrume ! It’s been awhile since I’ve worn cashmeres and had forgotten this has pops of pink :loveeyes:

TY! Haha this is striking enough that I can’t wear it that often

Love!!!! So Chic ;) and do I spy BdG love on your mini me? Tres appropriate!

What beautiful colors!

Didn’t ask but always looking for inspo! I rarely wear black :shrugs: and you are correct that this will be a dramatic twist!

View attachment 5255406
Thank you for sharing the story behind this, Snausages!

Thank you so much, Bunnycat!

I seem to once again be late to the party here, but have been touched & delighted at the examples shared (and have done much emoji Liking, etc.) :tup:

———————————————————————-

View attachment 5255566
View attachment 5255567

View attachment 5255568
View attachment 5255569

Équipements Civils et Militaires has a few dwellings- tents and a barn home for the horses:
View attachment 5255570
View attachment 5255571
This Per aspera ad astra is beautiful! And you are the queen of matching lipsticks!

Our new theme for the week is
Do Re Mi
Scarves which remind You of Music and Songs

Music and songs permeate life in many ways. Music can be uplifting or soothing, ear-splitting or a gentle murmur, formal or the extreme opposite.

In one of its latest designs, H has reimagined Faubourg as a boom box, surrounded by tiny pixelated dancers.
PicsArt_11-21-07.50.12.jpg
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the delicate plucked tones of the koto in a formal and stylized performance by a Geisha.
PicsArt_11-21-07.48.41.jpg
PicsArt_03-02-01.10.23.jpg
Somewhere in between lies the music and songs we are more familiar with. The sweet sounds of the carousel from our childhood:
PicsArt_11-21-07.59.00.jpg
PicsArt_08-09-11.48.43.jpg
And the catchy tunes from Broadway musicals: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, as seen in Exposition Universelle.
PicsArt_11-21-09.06.57.jpg
What musical associations can you find in your scarves?

Maedi, what a beautiful soft cw of Cité, never arrived in my boutique.

This week was drop deadline, so I was to work like a bunny the last few days to get things done on time.

Thank you so kindly Marie-the-Mary!

Thank you LKB!

Stunningly put together!

Thank you Croisette!

This is amazing Croisette! :tup:

WOWZA! I love all the details you have found on this one!

Thank you kindly bruxelles!

Thank you kindly Agrume!

Oh goodness- so cute! And the colors are fantastic!

Thank you kindly Snausages! :hugs:

:lol: Yaaas! That works! (And it is gorgeous!)

Beautiful- congrats!

Perfect for this week bruxelles!

That red hem is DIVINE!!!
Thank you, bunnycat!

———————————————————————-

View attachment 5255566
View attachment 5255567

View attachment 5255568
View attachment 5255569

View attachment 5255570
View attachment 5255571
All fab, as usual, turf! Twins on the Astra.

For @LKBNOLA - SOTD is Premières mains.

View attachment 5255716
Splendid in this cw, Agrume!

Status
Not open for further replies.