Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our new theme for the week is
Do Re Mi
Scarves which remind You of Music and Songs

Music and songs permeate life in many ways. Music can be uplifting or soothing, ear-splitting or a gentle murmur, formal or the extreme opposite.

In one of its latest designs, H has reimagined Faubourg as a boom box, surrounded by tiny pixelated dancers.
View attachment 5255712
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the delicate plucked tones of the koto in a formal and stylized performance by a Geisha.
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
Somewhere in between lies the music and songs we are more familiar with. The sweet sounds of the carousel from our childhood:
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
And the catchy tunes from Broadway musicals: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, as seen in Exposition Universelle.
View attachment 5255713
What musical associations can you find in your scarves?
Thank you for hosting yet another week, Xincinsin, and I admire your Geisha scarf with the musician! :flowers:

Great intro, dear xincinsin!
I think, I only have one for this week: Fleurs de l‘Opera

View attachment 5255737
I love those colours!

Maedi, what a beautiful soft cw of Cité, never arrived in my boutique.

Thank you, bunnycat!

All fab, as usual, turf! Twins on the Astra.

Splendid in this cw, Agrume!
Thank you kindly, Croisette!

I seem to once again be late to the party here, but have been touched & delighted at the examples shared (and have done much emoji Liking, etc.) :tup:

Thanks so much @xincinsin for heartfelt hosting :heart:

———————————————————————-

Before we change themes I’d like to squeak in & share a few...

Per Astra Ad Astra has many tiny homes in the distance:
View attachment 5255566
View attachment 5255567

Au Coeur Des Bois features a sweet bird home in the center:
View attachment 5255568
View attachment 5255569

Équipements Civils et Militaires has a few dwellings- tents and a barn home for the horses:
View attachment 5255570
View attachment 5255571
You look wonderful @turfnsurf-- the Ad Astra is so charming, the red hem is perfect, as is the lovely green border on Equipements -- all fabulous! And your delightful smile :smile:
For @LKBNOLA - SOTD is Premières mains.

View attachment 5255716
Just gorgeous @Agrume-- thank you for posting. I really do think of these as "your" colors. I am so happy to have this beautiful design and be sisters with so many!
Do Re Mi

Music and songs permeate life in many ways. Music can be uplifting or soothing, ear-splitting or a gentle murmur, formal or the extreme opposite.

In one of its latest designs, H has reimagined Faubourg as a boom box, surrounded by tiny pixelated dancers.
View attachment 5255712
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the delicate plucked tones of the koto in a formal and stylized performance by a Geisha.
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
Somewhere in between lies the music and songs we are more familiar with. The sweet sounds of the carousel from our childhood:
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
And the catchy tunes from Broadway musicals: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, as seen in Exposition Universelle.
View attachment 5255713
First of all, thank you for your wonderful hosting last week and here you are with another fabulous intro doing double duty! Your selections are all so charming @xincinsin and, as always, fun (boom box), evocative (carousel) and lovely (geisha with koto). I am twins with you on Exposition Universelle and never made the connection to Little Shop of Horrors!

View attachment 5255737
This is an absolutely lovely cw @Croisette7!

Thank you, @xincinsin , for hosting both last week with its theme of Homes, and this week's theme of Do, Re, Mi. There are reminders of music all around us, and I very much enjoyed your introduction to this week.

Axis mundi is Latin for the axis of Earth between the celestial poles. More broadly, it is any mythological concept representing the connection between Heaven and Earth. The image of a tree is an axis mundi symbol uniting the underworld, the earth, and the sky. Homes can function as an axis Mundi with the central pillar or the hearth representing the connection to the sky. Music can connect us to the spiritual as well.

My Axis Mundi represents the connection of theme weeks from the Earth, our Home, and the Music of the Cosmos, represented here by the Tree of Life, and the Lyre.

20211121_085500.jpg20211121_085358.jpg
20211121_092607.jpg

This Per aspera ad astra is beautiful! And you are the queen of matching lipsticks!
Awww, thank you :P
It’s usually the only makeup I wear (easiest to apply) :giggle:

Do Re Mi

View attachment 5255712
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
View attachment 5255713
Kudos for back-to-back hosting :drinks:
I enjoy seeing how your collex so well reflects your fun personality!

View attachment 5255737
Another amazing color way @Croisette7... just beautiful :girlsigh:

All fab, as usual, turf! Twins on the Astra.
Thx dear Croisette- I’d love to see how you styled yours...

I seem to once again be late to the party here, but have been touched & delighted at the examples shared (and have done much emoji Liking, etc.) :tup:

———————————————————————-

View attachment 5255566
View attachment 5255567

View attachment 5255568
View attachment 5255569

Équipements Civils et Militaires has a few dwellings- tents and a barn home for the horses:
View attachment 5255570
View attachment 5255571
I agree with agrume. You DO match your lipstick so perfectly! I always love your posts and colorways. You do the most unique colorways and obviously they look amazing.
Do Re Mi

View attachment 5255712
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
View attachment 5255713
awesome intro. and feel free to show bits of your geishas anytime!! :faint:
For @LKBNOLA - SOTD is Premières mains.

View attachment 5255716
wow love the border and color.
Very few in my collex that are on theme. Here is my black and white Concerto gav. Happy Sunday all!
View attachment 5255790
Concerto in a gav. Drooling.

Thank you, @xincinsin , for hosting both last week with its theme of Homes, and this week's theme of Do, Re, Mi. There are reminders of music all around us, and I very much enjoyed your introduction to this week.

Axis mundi is Latin for the axis of Earth between the celestial poles. More broadly, it is any mythological concept representing the connection between Heaven and Earth. The image of a tree is an axis mundi symbol uniting the underworld, the earth, and the sky. Homes can function as an axis Mundi with the central pillar or the hearth representing the connection to the sky. Music can connect us to the spiritual as well.

My Axis Mundi represents the connection of theme weeks from the Earth, our Home, and the Music of the Cosmos, represented here by the Tree of Life, and the Lyre.

View attachment 5255762View attachment 5255763
View attachment 5255789
Very thought-provoking... you look great in red!

Very few in my collex that are on theme. Here is my black and white Concerto gav. Happy Sunday all!
View attachment 5255790
I adore this chic b/w ensemble :heart:
(I haven’t forgotten about that plisse knot tut’... I’ll tag you when I get it posted over in the knotting thread) ;)

Do Re Mi

View attachment 5255712
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
View attachment 5255713
Beautiful intro xcs! Love your selection for the week!

View attachment 5255737

Beautiful Croisette! (I know there will be more for you... :biggrin:)

View attachment 5255762View attachment 5255763
View attachment 5255789

Fantastic rbh! And omg- those pearls!!!

View attachment 5255790

So elegantly smart!

———————————————————————-

View attachment 5255566
View attachment 5255567

View attachment 5255568
View attachment 5255569

View attachment 5255570
View attachment 5255571
These are all beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.