Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My small input
Singapore wild
View attachment 5227337
gorgeous!! And greet styling too! Twins on the cw.
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Yes, we are! Here are the two I have.

View attachment 5227338View attachment 5227339
Looks so great in blue! I also love that pink one folded. I must go check that cw out. I haven’t chosen a cw if this design yet. The black I tried in in boutique and is on hold until other colors come in for me to try.
Zebra pegas, my first giant triangle.
Sooo pretty! Just so feminine in this pink.
Today I am sharing my Aline Honore doubles. These fall into the category of design-loved-so-much I had to add another. Forgive some of my older mod shots that hardly do these beauties justice. Trying to take some better pics as I learn and play...
Parures, Fleurs d'indiennes, Les Ailes de la Soie. Second Parures is my actual SOTD and the last pic is a lagniappe! I doubled my doubles and tried a very ungainly flower knot...

View attachment 5227344View attachment 5227345View attachment 5227346View attachment 5227347View attachment 5227348View attachment 5227349View attachment 5227351
:faint: I had no idea you had those two Samourais!! I would kill for those, congratulations! And all of these are so amazing! Just amazing! And I like you motto better haha. It is so necessary given all the constant eye candy and occasional deals you can’t let go lol
edit: kill for those Samourais at normal prices :hrmm:

Last edited:
Today I am sharing my Aline Honore doubles. These fall into the category of design-loved-so-much I had to add another. Forgive some of my older mod shots that hardly do these beauties justice. Trying to take some better pics as I learn and play...
Parures, Fleurs d'indiennes, Les Ailes de la Soie. Second Parures is my actual SOTD and the last pic is a lagniappe! I doubled my doubles and tried a very ungainly flower knot...

View attachment 5227344View attachment 5227345View attachment 5227346View attachment 5227347View attachment 5227348View attachment 5227349View attachment 5227351
what a parade, LKBNOLA! you always find the good combinations with your tops.

Beautiful!
Fabulous!
Thank you, Croisette!

Reactions: Croisette7
This season has been danger to my wallet. Got the Bingata twilly and then they came out with the dog ‘sticker’ so I had to have that as well. Even if I’d known the dog sticker was coming I’d probably have still gotten the regular twilly

545206C8-4F94-4306-8A42-33DFEE21C356.jpeg
And L’Epopee 70 in two colorways (the first with both Bingatas!)
08A08E8D-9B8B-41E7-87EA-66217C80EC20.jpeg
AEF38822-1974-4562-A499-862B201D204B.jpeg

Wonderful photos! I am also happy to hear how your collections are formed and culled, nothing like understanding how a curated scarf collection is done from many collectors points of view:flowers:

On to my next multiple. I do love this design and when it came out I was all a:panic:flutter:panic:Sadly I missed Dans un Jardin Anglais as I was busy on the hunt for this. Tapis Persan, wonderful elements of Persian carpets and drawings. I have a couple of framed book pages that remind me of this design every time I see them. Many apologies for my poor staging skills, I forgot to take the tea cloth off that I store them in:blush:View attachment 5227072
Love!

This post is about regret of not getting duplicates (which let’s face it, is probably a good thing knowing my history of selling em all :biggrin: )
still. I love animapolis. the cw i have probably is the right one for me though the scarf is actually a tad busy for my liking, it’s another one that i reach for over again because i want to love it. but just looking at it gives me joy so i don’t think i‘ll ever part with it, but it might end up on the wall, maybe even in my daughter’s room. The duplicate I regret not getting is the green gold one. ocre creme vert or cw 09 as showcased by pegase here. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-spring-summer-19-scarves.995472/post-33125901
I‘d snatch this one up in a heart beat if i came across it in the 2nd hand mkt. I actually tried it on in the boutique back when it came out and it was between my cw and this. alas. regrets like these then cause future FOMO and overbuying don’t they :lol::rolleyes:
oh and excuse the tired look, t‘was a rough night…
A9FA64DF-8355-4858-8D3C-246F3D3D28FB.jpeg

This looks amazing on you! Your scarf criteria is very impressive to read, thank you for sharing it.:flowers:
Thank you very much for your sweet comment Julide!
Wonderful photos! I am also happy to hear how your collections are formed and culled, nothing like understanding how a curated scarf collection is done from many collectors points of view:flowers:

On to my next multiple. I do love this design and when it came out I was all a:panic:flutter:panic:Sadly I missed Dans un Jardin Anglais as I was busy on the hunt for this. Tapis Persan, wonderful elements of Persian carpets and drawings. I have a couple of framed book pages that remind me of this design every time I see them. Many apologies for my poor staging skills, I forgot to take the tea cloth off that I store them in:blush:View attachment 5227072
Nothing compares to the satisfaction of finally owning the scarves that make your heart flutter Julide! Mine fluttered as read your words, so happy for you! That lilac one peaking through looks very romantic.
“What draws me to a scarf is always the design. I am in love with the older designs.”
I’m in total agreement with you on this :yes:
tho’ I’m guilty of buying multiples in different colors... if a design/contrast works with my style I want multiple options!
:presents::presents::presents:
You shouldn’t feel guilty at all Turnsurf. As long as you have space in your closet and wear each of those multiples, I think it makes total sense. I forgot to explain my reasoning for trying to avoid buying multiples. First of all, my closets are full despite the fact that I have considerable closet space, nothing more I want to donate (items I kept are those dearest to me), and everything is well-organized. So it is not a matter of avoiding clutter. I simply have to buy less in order to wear and enjoy what I have. Otherwise I am accumulating all the time, yet wearing a tiny portion of my wardrobe. Also, in the past I used to often buy two colors of the same dress. My sister would also buy the same dresses in the same colors, because we had similar taste. Then, when we needed to make space for new items, we would ask our youngest sister if she would like to have them, but she would only take one or two. Also, we would often end up preferring one color. Thus, we would make a decision to buy only one next time, however, when the next dress came along, we would persuade ourselves it made sense to buy two colors of “this one” as it was timeless, or looked completely different, or we were sure there wouldn’t be another dress quite as unique as this one in some way. Clothes kept accumulating, and the next season would bring even more exciting options. So timeless pieces are hard to pass, yes, but what happens is, my newest timeless pieces are often worn more, and my older timeless pieces rest in my closet. I want to be able to give all my most loved items equal attention (I am nowhere near it, but this is the aim) So it is with these in mind that my wish is to buy less, and only what I’m sure I will wear.
My latest multiple: Duo Cosmique. TBH, I wasn't planning on buying this design as I wasn't inspired by the early stock images. Then I saw the mod shots and decided to ask my dear SA to hold a couple of cws for me to see IRL. I ended up buying both as the vibe was completely different.
View attachment 5227115
Beautiful Xincinsin! I agree that the vibe is completely different.
Thank you, Snausages!

Luminous idea, to wear the scarf like this!

Thank you, Croisette!

The green in the scarf and the bracelet gives such a fresh look!

What a great colourway indeed!

Two of the same... stunning effect, Cookie!

Thank you, Cookie!

Thank you, Nomad! I am also getting (a little bit) better at saying no...

Both are beautiful, LKBNOLA! I would find it difficult to decide (and I am just starting to appreciate this design).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Kelly Star! You illustrate it with a beautiful example.

Thank you, Naessi!

Always love to see your Napoléons, Naessi!

Thank you, Julide!

Wonderful to see them together!

they are so different and both great scarves! I put on mine, too, today, as I have 2 versions as well. Will try to post a photo later.

I don’t typically have multiple colours in the same format because I personally find one only one or two cws speak to me. But if it’s a design I love, I will get it in other formats
Here is one favourite - Peuple du Vent - GSGM and gm moussie
One day I hope to add a 90 silk
View attachment 5227402View attachment 5227403
I love the orange and fuschia together, and it looks beautiful on you!

I’m going to show an example of my ability to say no to more multiples. And I’ll be honest and say I regret it haha. I see the photo and say to myself I love it Why did I give it up! But when I bought it and tried it on, perhaps wallet guilt, I said no not necessary. I have nothing that truly ‘goes’ with it to make that great outfit and I have so many scarves already that go with the usual suspects like white black navy gray etc. If I hadn’t accumulated such a collection that needs RUTHLESS culling then I think I would have kept it!
The one I didn’t keep..
5751B91B-2BD7-452C-A37F-E432834154CF.jpeg
The ones I have 26EB9A62-7D97-4680-927B-514BE2C758BC.jpeg81C12905-2190-4C62-9B5C-12D1DB9825C3.jpegDF22F163-7D95-4806-AA35-9E7CB088D0DB.jpeg

My small input
Singapore wild
View attachment 5227337
So pretty @Tasha1...
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Yes, we are! Here are the two I have.

View attachment 5227338View attachment 5227339
Gorgeous @Agrume. Congratulations on your SE!
Zebra pegas, my first giant triangle.
Looks amazing-- beautiful @supermommy101 ...
Fabulous!
Thank you so much @Croisette7!
:faint: I had no idea you had those two Samourais!! I would kill for those, congratulations! And all of these are so amazing! Just amazing! And I like you motto better haha. It is so necessary given all the constant eye candy and occasional deals you can’t let go lol
edit: kill for those Samourais at normal prices :hrmm:
I was very, very, very lucky with my PdS silks @Nomad and didn't even know my great fortune at the time. To make up for that I spent far more than I should have on my second ELeK (inspired by @momasaurus) so the great H Math Equalization Equation somehow still works... My blue PdS started this whole journey. The pink one followed quickly (a donated gift from a beloved mentor who preferred brights). The brown FdI is an old and much loved scarf from my "neutral" days and the Les Ailes are both TPF induced finds that I adore. The pink Fleurs d'Indiennes was a lucky wabi-sabi find with dangling care tag...
what a parade, LKBNOLA! you always find the good combinations with your tops.
Thank you @Agrume! Now that I don't have a "day job" it is part of the fun to play dress-up with scarfs and tops...
Today at H rue de Sevres, Paris, with PeF

View attachment 5227388
Quite possibly the most aspirational scarf-on-site (Boutique Edition) ever @Croisette7!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowers:
This season has been danger to my wallet. Got the Bingata twilly and then they came out with the dog ‘sticker’ so I had to have that as well. Even if I’d known the dog sticker was coming I’d probably have still gotten the regular twilly

View attachment 5227384
And L’Epopee 70 in two colorways (the first with both Bingatas!)
View attachment 5227394
View attachment 5227397
You are killing it this season @Snausages! I am your Bingata (plain) twilly twin on account of earlier mod shots. The Epopees look great on you, too. Don't you need some Leopards, tho? Say, about 12? :graucho:
I don’t typically have multiple colours in the same format because I personally find one only one or two cws speak to me. But if it’s a design I love, I will get it in other formats
Here is one favourite - Peuple du Vent - GSGM and gm moussie
One day I hope to add a 90 silk
View attachment 5227402View attachment 5227403
Well @CanuckBagLover these are just gorgeous on you. In my dreams I would add a mousseline of this design to my pretty 90 so we are mirror opposite PdV seekers...
This post is about regret of not getting duplicates (which let’s face it, is probably a good thing knowing my history of selling em all :biggrin: )
still. I love animapolis. the cw i have probably is the right one for me though the scarf is actually a tad busy for my liking, it’s another one that i reach for over again because i want to love it. but just looking at it gives me joy so i don’t think i‘ll ever part with it, but it might end up on the wall, maybe even in my daughter’s room. The duplicate I regret not getting is the green gold one. ocre creme vert or cw 09 as showcased by pegase here. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-spring-summer-19-scarves.995472/post-33125901
I‘d snatch this one up in a heart beat if i came across it in the 2nd hand mkt. I actually tried it on in the boutique back when it came out and it was between my cw and this. alas. regrets like these then cause future FOMO and overbuying don’t they :lol::rolleyes:
oh and excuse the tired look, t‘was a rough night…
View attachment 5227414
Ah, @blydia! I love this on you (you look great even tired) and especially that cute slewed around tie. I have your Animapolis-that-got-away and for all the opposite reasons. I thought it was a design I "should" have (but wasn't sold on) and thought if I went for a less bright cw I might like it more. Then I doubled with the mint green/coral from this past spring and learned to love the design. Now I can't wait to wear my gold and green one this fall...So interesting how these silk attractions work...
My contribution to the lovely collex of Serene Green pix: a 4-storey high green wall in my office.
View attachment 5227432
Beautiful vertical garden! I think I needed to rest my gaze on that @xincinsin!

I’m going to show an example of my ability to say no to more multiples. And I’ll be honest and say I regret it haha. I see the photo and say to myself I love it Why did I give it up! But when I bought it and tried it on, perhaps wallet guilt, I said no not necessary. I have nothing that truly ‘goes’ with it to make that great outfit and I have so many scarves already that go with the usual suspects like white black navy gray etc. If I hadn’t accumulated such a collection that needs RUTHLESS culling then I think I would have kept it!
The one I didn’t keep..
View attachment 5227445
The ones I have View attachment 5227446

View attachment 5227447View attachment 5227448
Looove that black/brown cw of CdV/FV, Nomad. Curiously, those blue/red cws are very similar. I think you need a pale silver/lilac/burgundy one ;)....

Also, that Hermes ad is stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.