Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season has been danger to my wallet. Got the Bingata twilly and then they came out with the dog ‘sticker’ so I had to have that as well. Even if I’d known the dog sticker was coming I’d probably have still gotten the regular twilly

View attachment 5227384
And L’Epopee 70 in two colorways (the first with both Bingatas!)
View attachment 5227394
View attachment 5227397
Nice to see your lovely smile and your beautiful curls, Snausages!

I don’t typically have multiple colours in the same format because I personally find one only one or two cws speak to me. But if it’s a design I love, I will get it in other formats
Here is one favourite - Peuple du Vent - GSGM and gm moussie
One day I hope to add a 90 silk
View attachment 5227402View attachment 5227403
Both are gorgeous, Canuck ... twins on the CSGM.

I’m going to show an example of my ability to say no to more multiples. And I’ll be honest and say I regret it haha. I see the photo and say to myself I love it Why did I give it up! But when I bought it and tried it on, perhaps wallet guilt, I said no not necessary. I have nothing that truly ‘goes’ with it to make that great outfit and I have so many scarves already that go with the usual suspects like white black navy gray etc. If I hadn’t accumulated such a collection that needs RUTHLESS culling then I think I would have kept it!
The one I didn’t keep..
View attachment 5227445
The ones I have View attachment 5227446View attachment 5227447View attachment 5227448
Twins on the black one, Nomad.

So pretty @Tasha1...

Gorgeous @Agrume. Congratulations on your SE!

Looks amazing-- beautiful @supermommy101 ...

Thank you so much @Croisette7!

I was very, very, very lucky with my PdS silks @Nomad and didn't even know my great fortune at the time. To make up for that I spent far more than I should have on my second ELeK (inspired by @momasaurus) so the great H Math Equalization Equation somehow still works... My blue PdS started this whole journey. The pink one followed quickly (a donated gift from a beloved mentor who preferred brights). The brown FdI is an old and much loved scarf from my "neutral" days and the Les Ailes are both TPF induced finds that I adore. The pink Fleurs d'Indiennes was a lucky wabi-sabi find with dangling care tag...

Thank you @Agrume! Now that I don't have a "day job" it is part of the fun to play dress-up with scarfs and tops...

Quite possibly the most aspirational scarf-on-site (Boutique Edition) ever @Croisette7!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowers:

You are killing it this season @Snausages! I am your Bingata (plain) twilly twin on account of earlier mod shots. The Epopees look great on you, too. Don't you need some Leopards, tho? Say, about 12? :graucho:

Well @CanuckBagLover these are just gorgeous on you. In my dreams I would add a mousseline of this design to my pretty 90 so we are mirror opposite PdV seekers...

Ah, @blydia! I love this on you (you look great even tired) and especially that cute slewed around tie. I have your Animapolis-that-got-away and for all the opposite reasons. I thought it was a design I "should" have (but wasn't sold on) and thought if I went for a less bright cw I might like it more. Then I doubled with the mint green/coral from this past spring and learned to love the design. Now I can't wait to wear my gold and green one this fall...So interesting how these silk attractions work...

Beautiful vertical garden! I think I needed to rest my gaze on that @xincinsin!
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Well I believe this very photo (or similar) is the reason I now own this cw @Karenska! So happy you enabled me, twin.

Ah, @labelo what a beauty on you! I just acquired my first CSGM and in winter I live in New Orleans so also not a cold climate except indoors! Where the a/c is freezing at all times. I bet you will reach for them more than you think...

Keepers for sure @Agrume! Gorgeous on you. They must have pride of place in your closet...

This is gorgeous and so bright and happy. Your bracelet and jacket and shawl combination come with a smile guarantee @Croisette7 -- who could possibly not be uplifted?

Just beautiful and perfect on you, turf!

I can't love this post too much! Both for the beautiful scarfs -- I adore the yellow and you know I am a "blue" girl--and the hilarious idea of scarf-as-message. I would be smirking just like the ram all day too @Snausages...

Well, the colors in your Amazone are TDF, your red outfit is TDF and I am your twin on the last, which to me is also TDF, so I am in need of smelling salts @Cookiefiend :faint:

"Say Grail or Say No" is my new @Nomad-inspired mantra...Enough with the lucky finds and good deals and why nots, right? This daily dose of TPF is killer that way...

Of all the beautiful Presentations that have paraded in fabulous mod shots, this one really made my heart sing @turfnsurf -- those greens and tans are perfection together. You have such a great eye and style sense for these lovelies...

Thank you @Cookiefiend! In all seriousness, they are both very close and both very lovely but as I already have more red/purple scarfs (including a red MZ) and a black Selle des Steppes with a graphic red and blue border I am leaning pink. Also I have many more with black hems and IRL the yellow hem on Appaloosa 04 is really eye-catching...tough call but it is clearly an "or" and not an "and" dilemma...which has been interesting all by itself from a collecting perspective.

Thank you! Surprisingly hard decision @Redbirdhermes!

Duly noted dear @Snausages. We could watch our Appaloosas run off into a yellow-hemmed sunset...

Hah, @Cordeliere you are so right and I aspire to being a bit more ruthless. I feel I have some in foster care now, waiting for their forever home... :biggrin:

Thank you for sharing your aesthetic @Kelly Star-- it is always so interesting to learn what collectors gravitate towards and why...As one who only recently figured out multi-quote (thank heavens it is a pass/fail grade!) I now have a bit of a system that works...

@Naessi, you have a wonderful classic collection and always worn and styled to perfection. Ishare your love for some of these: twins on the blue Bassets and sisters on Pavois and Napoleon. I would love to add Grand Tenue-- there was recently a wash version issued, I think...

Me too @Julide ! I keep changing my mind but I will "reveal" in a few days. Y'all have been so kind and helpful...

All so so glorious @Julide -- many beauties nestled side by side on your lovely tea towel. That gold one with pink is TDF but then, they all are swoon worthy. Another amazing collection feat :flowers: I agree that it helps to hear other collectors' logic and strategies, too.

Both are gorgeous. Congratulations @xincinsin! I bought two also (the light and dark blues) and also find the vive quite different though not as dramatic as the two blacks...

Thank you @paula24jen -- you would most definitely rock the red cw!

It took me awhile to come around to the Appaloosa also, @Agrume but it is a fun combination of colors, prints and border (and I know you are not an animal print person)! Can't wait to see your Duo Cosmiques. I think we are blue moyenne twins!
Thank you so much - we'll send the fainting couch around sometime soon... it's often at my house!
I agree with your pink choice on the Appaloosa - that yellow hem is killer and fainting couch worthy!
My small input
Singapore wild
View attachment 5227337
Beautiful!
Zebra pegas, my first giant triangle.
oooo - it's gorgeous!

Today I am sharing my Aline Honore doubles. These fall into the category of design-loved-so-much I had to add another. Forgive some of my older mod shots that hardly do these beauties justice. Trying to take some better pics as I learn and play...
Parures, Fleurs d'indiennes, Les Ailes de la Soie. Second Parures is my actual SOTD and the last pic is a lagniappe! I doubled my doubles and tried a very ungainly flower knot...

View attachment 5227344View attachment 5227345View attachment 5227346View attachment 5227347View attachment 5227348View attachment 5227349View attachment 5227351
GAH!!!!
hang on a tic... gotta wipe down the keyboard... wooooo
Okay - Stunning, and drool worthy!

And how the heck did you do that last tie? I love it!

Today at H rue de Sevres, Paris, with PeF

View attachment 5227388
So Chic Croisette!
This season has been danger to my wallet. Got the Bingata twilly and then they came out with the dog ‘sticker’ so I had to have that as well. Even if I’d known the dog sticker was coming I’d probably have still gotten the regular twilly

View attachment 5227384
And L’Epopee 70 in two colorways (the first with both Bingatas!)
View attachment 5227394
View attachment 5227397
Love, love, love! Also that octopus tentacle gives me the giggles :giggle:
I don’t typically have multiple colours in the same format because I personally find one only one or two cws speak to me. But if it’s a design I love, I will get it in other formats
Here is one favourite - Peuple du Vent - GSGM and gm moussie
One day I hope to add a 90 silk
View attachment 5227402View attachment 5227403
Both of these are fabulous colors!
This post is about regret of not getting duplicates (which let’s face it, is probably a good thing knowing my history of selling em all :biggrin: )
still. I love animapolis. the cw i have probably is the right one for me though the scarf is actually a tad busy for my liking, it’s another one that i reach for over again because i want to love it. but just looking at it gives me joy so i don’t think i‘ll ever part with it, but it might end up on the wall, maybe even in my daughter’s room. The duplicate I regret not getting is the green gold one. ocre creme vert or cw 09 as showcased by pegase here. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-spring-summer-19-scarves.995472/post-33125901
I‘d snatch this one up in a heart beat if i came across it in the 2nd hand mkt. I actually tried it on in the boutique back when it came out and it was between my cw and this. alas. regrets like these then cause future FOMO and overbuying don’t they :lol::rolleyes:
oh and excuse the tired look, t‘was a rough night…
View attachment 5227414
It is gorgeous on you… I don’t have this design because I waited too long to decide which cw I liked best. :facepalm:
It’s that same cw - green is my favorite color!
I’m going to show an example of my ability to say no to more multiples. And I’ll be honest and say I regret it haha. I see the photo and say to myself I love it Why did I give it up! But when I bought it and tried it on, perhaps wallet guilt, I said no not necessary. I have nothing that truly ‘goes’ with it to make that great outfit and I have so many scarves already that go with the usual suspects like white black navy gray etc. If I hadn’t accumulated such a collection that needs RUTHLESS culling then I think I would have kept it!
The one I didn’t keep..
View attachment 5227445
The ones I have View attachment 5227446View attachment 5227447View attachment 5227448
I appreciate your honesty - We often DO have regrets! The two you’ve kept are beautiful tho!

I couldn't just get one slim maxy twilly with Le Grand Prix du Faubourg. Would definitely like to add a 90 in that design to my collection as well.
1634676354346.png
1634676439161.png

Brides de Gala Nano and Brides de Gala en Finesse (which you might see again in the orange/pink week...)
1634676499250.png
1634676575044.png

Animapolis Plumetis twilly and in 90. Wouldn't rule out adding the blue cw in the 90 to my collection if I find it in the second hand market.
1634677262015.png
1634677828299.png

Plumes en Fete. I have two 90s (they are just so gorgeous!) and bought an upcycling tie for my husband made from the same design as first of my Plumes en fete (the blue, green, lavender). In the last photo I placed it over the part of the scarf it was cut out from (but unfortunately had to increase the lighting in the photo for the design of the tie to be visible as well, so the colours of the scarf are quite off)
1634678037737.png
1634678220925.png
1634678258583.png
1634678320914.png

My scarf of the day is Tapis Persans mousseline. I have been majorly inspired to collect this design by our own @Julide . I currently have three, all purchased in NWT or excellent condition. I get quite excited when I know the next day is a Tapis Persans day. I feel so good wearing this design.

SOTD is CW09, the red. (Rouge/Turquoise/Vert Pistache)

20211019_114427.jpg

And, a couple archive shots of the red.

TapisPersansRed.jpg

TapisPersansRed2.jpg

Archive shots of the Gray. CW01 (Anthracite/Jaune/Aqua)

Tapis Persans Green.jpgTapisPersansGray.jpgTapisPersansGray2.jpg

Finally, archive shots of the Violet. CW03. (Violet/Jaune/Rose)

TapisPersansViolet1.jpgTapisPersansViolet2.jpgTapisPersansviolet3.jpg

Lastly, one where I did go wrong. A Tapis Persans FAKE. I was able to return this for a full refund. It was obvious that something was off the moment I opened the box. Normally, an Hermes scarf has me thinking - how beautiful, this is better than I was expecting. With the fake, my first reaction was - how disappointing. It looks so ordinary. All I can say is, listen to your instincts.

20211019_110738.jpg

Love it with your cardi & you’ve highlighted my fav’ part... also that hem :faint:

Thank you! I have to admit to at first not really being interested in GTN (I guess because my H store had it in cws that didn't suit me), but now I'm in love since trying on this cw! That hem is the perfect yellow imo! Almost a greenish, lime yellow. Love it!

I adore this cw @Naessi. It was so hard to choose. This one seems perfect for you...

Thank you! I'm so happy with this cw!

The two Napoleon's together!!:ps:So amazing how they compliment each other!:flowers:
Always love to see your Napoléons, Naessi!

Thank you! I should wear them like that more often. It really makes a statement!

Ooooooh, what beauties :panic:
Thank you! :love:

Your collection is exquisite, Naessi! Is the white Pavois a 70cm scarf? It’s so charming They all are, they look amazing on you.

Thank you! It is a gavroche (45). I really enjoy wearing it in the summer with a marine look. Wearing it probably more than I'm wearing the navy 90.

Wow! The two Napoleons together are a stunning look ❤, and I think I’m in love with the sweet pink Poret! :love:

Thank you! :heart:

@Naessi, you have a wonderful classic collection and always worn and styled to perfection. Ishare your love for some of these: twins on the blue Bassets and sisters on Pavois and Napoleon. I would love to add Grand Tenue-- there was recently a wash version issued, I think...

Thank you so much! :love: The beige Grande Tenue is actually the most recent (washed) reissue. I have to admit being a bit sceptical of the first wash scarves I saw as especially dark colours looked a bit too washed out for my taste. But I LOVE how soft and supple it is! And perfect for this cw! So would definitely recommend giving the washed version a chance if there is ever a design you like that is available washed. :smile:

Fantastic, Naessi!

Thank you!

My scarf of the day is Tapis Persans mousseline. I have been majorly inspired to collect this design by our own @Julide . I currently have three, all purchased in NWT or excellent condition. I get quite excited when I know the next day is a Tapis Persans day. I feel so good wearing this design.

View attachment 5227668

View attachment 5227669

View attachment 5227670

View attachment 5227672View attachment 5227673View attachment 5227674

View attachment 5227675View attachment 5227676View attachment 5227678

Lastly, one where I did go wrong. A Tapis Persans FAKE. I was able to return this for a full refund. It was obvious that something was off the moment I opened the box. Normally, an Hermes scarf has me thinking - how beautiful, this is better than I was expecting. With the fake, my first reaction was - how disappointing. It looks so ordinary. All I can say is, listen to your instincts.

View attachment 5227732
I GET it now!! It is a gorgeous mousseline design! How does one choose just one! So beautiful Redbird and @Julide ( not sure the tag is working :-/) I totally GeT your collection. Gorgeous!

Originally I was afraid that this colorway would be too “red” but it turns out to be just right :smile:. Giant triangle zebra pegase.
View attachment 5227660
oohhhh - that’s a great color!
<slapping my hands - mustn’t pop over to H.com!>
I couldn't just get one slim maxy twilly with Le Grand Prix du Faubourg. Would definitely like to add a 90 in that design to my collection as well.
View attachment 5227643
View attachment 5227644

Brides de Gala Nano and Brides de Gala en Finesse (which you might see again in the orange/pink week...)
View attachment 5227649
View attachment 5227651

Animapolis Plumetis twilly and in 90. Wouldn't rule out adding the blue cw in the 90 to my collection if I find it in the second hand market.
View attachment 5227661
View attachment 5227680

Plumes en Fete. I have two 90s (they are just so gorgeous!) and bought an upcycling tie for my husband made from the same design as first of my Plumes en fete (the blue, green, lavender). In the last photo I placed it over the part of the scarf it was cut out from (but unfortunately had to increase the lighting in the photo for the design of the tie to be visible as well, so the colours of the scarf are quite off)
View attachment 5227688
View attachment 5227694
View attachment 5227695
View attachment 5227696
So many beautiful scarves! I look forward to seeing it next week! Cheers dear!

View attachment 5227668

View attachment 5227669

View attachment 5227670

View attachment 5227672View attachment 5227673View attachment 5227674

View attachment 5227675View attachment 5227676View attachment 5227678

View attachment 5227732
Eeeee heeee heeee… :faint:
(I love that gray and yellow!)

Reactions: Snausages
@Snausages @Nomad @MAGJES @Cookiefiend @LKBNOLA @Croisette7 @Pirula @Julide @Agrume @bunnycat @Living.la.vida.fifi and any other likers and posters thank you for your kind and understanding comments. It’s hard out here when all the colorways can be so tempting. For now, I’ll embrace my obsession but I do think 2022 may usher in the year of culling. *insert maniacal laughter*

So I have an on theme post or a post update. I popped into the boutique in between meetings and boy did I find a strange find. Introducing my 3rd GTN in cw16. I was wearing duo cosmique when I went in, and in trying on this scarf 3 different SAs said it looked made for my sweater dress. I’ll attach an a pic of the duo I wore today, and an awkward bathroom selfie of the new GTN. Now I am a proud mom of triplets! Pardon the lighting it’s nighttime here and the end of an obscenely long work day. I have other multiples to post that I didn’t on Sunday. I’ll come back before this week is up to throw those in the pile.

Attachments

• CB975693-ADF7-49F1-983B-59ADCE8928C7.jpeg
    CB975693-ADF7-49F1-983B-59ADCE8928C7.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 90AFA0E4-69FD-4FC5-8CC7-1CF4E20A3E2E.jpeg
    90AFA0E4-69FD-4FC5-8CC7-1CF4E20A3E2E.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 963F7AE2-5CB4-4B05-BCAC-2A98EAB27743.jpeg
    963F7AE2-5CB4-4B05-BCAC-2A98EAB27743.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 32
  • AF036D2F-A4D5-462E-8C03-8EC949F220CC.jpeg
    AF036D2F-A4D5-462E-8C03-8EC949F220CC.jpeg