Chanel Tweed Bags

Hi guys , what do you think about this tweed mini? I am afraid about wear and tear because of my nails ,,, for those who have , pls let me know thank you!
I had this tweed both in mini and medium new last year when it was in the hype, spending a lot of time tracking down them after the shut down. Had them for months and decided to let them go new unused.

The tweed is beautiful and unique, but if you look up close, the linen part looks yellowish or dirty even though it's new. I think you can see that by enlarging the pictures on sale site. I remember one youtuber commented on that as well. She also checked all available online pictures to make sure it's just the fabric. As tweed tends to attract dirt, absorb moisture more than leather and harder to clean, I figured this tweed is prone to show wear if I am not extremely careful with it such as accidentally drop some food or drink on it or touch it with hands after applying lotion.

The tweed is a tight weaved one if I recall correctly, but I don't like some of the coco ribbon weaved flipped so at certain part of the bag, you see the back side of ribbon and some part ribbon twisted. I also feel the logo prints kind of loud to scream Chanel.

Those are the reasons why I part with it. I suggest studying the pictures of used ones online to get prepared on the potential wear and tear to see if those are acceptable to own it down the road. Some tweed material may be easy to fix even worn and less likely to show wear such as darker colors. Overall, I think this one is high maintenance so the use and enjoyment will be limited accordingly.

Hi guys , what do you think about this tweed mini? I am afraid about wear and tear because of my nails ,,, for those who have , pls let me know thank you!

I also purchased this bag around a year ago and haven’t worn it! It’s BEAUTIFUL and I actually like how the ecru color is not bright white because the white ribbons stand out more and it would maybe be easier to hide dirt/wear. However, I am thinking of letting it go because it’s really just art on my shelf and I am trying to be more mindful of keeping bags I will actually use! I’m a bit too worried that if I take the bag out to dinner it will catch a stain.

I had this tweed both in mini and medium new last year when it was in the hype, spending a lot of time tracking down them after the shut down. Had them for months and decided to let them go new unused.

The tweed is beautiful and unique, but if you look up close, the linen part looks yellowish or dirty even though it's new. I think you can see that by enlarging the pictures on sale site. I remember one youtuber commented on that as well. She also checked all available online pictures to make sure it's just the fabric. As tweed tends to attract dirt, absorb moisture more than leather and harder to clean, I figured this tweed is prone to show wear if I am not extremely careful with it such as accidentally drop some food or drink on it or touch it with hands after applying lotion.

The tweed is a tight weaved one if I recall correctly, but I don't like some of the coco ribbon weaved flipped so at certain part of the bag, you see the back side of ribbon and some part ribbon twisted. I also feel the logo prints kind of loud to scream Chanel.

Those are the reasons why I part with it. I suggest studying the pictures of used ones online to get prepared on the potential wear and tear to see if those are acceptable to own it down the road. Some tweed material may be easy to fix even worn and less likely to show wear such as darker colors. Overall, I think this one is high maintenance so the use and enjoyment will be limited accordingly.
Interesting that we have the same taste @ELIZAXUAN I was originally interested in this bag because I saw it on YouTube and I loved the classic black and white and the ribbon detail. But, ultimately, I decided to go with the darker tweed bag because it is more understated. This bag will always be a big statement because of the logo and the contrasting colors. I still do admire it though...

Interesting that we have the same taste @ELIZAXUAN I was originally interested in this bag because I saw it on YouTube and I loved the classic black and white and the ribbon detail. But, ultimately, I decided to go with the darker tweed bag because it is more understated. This bag will always be a big statement because of the logo and the contrasting colors. I still do admire it though...
You seem to be better in terms of decision making than me. I kind of learning my lessons the hard way most of the time. :sad:

Sharing my first tweed bag- mini rec. This turned out to be so easy to style, goes with denim like a dream and perfect for spring-summer colors. I wanted a low-maintenance type of tweed, not prone to fraying or pilling. This season’s tweed checks all the boxes for me (and the price for a mini rec tweed is still quite “reasonable” for a Chanel bag) View attachment 4997735
Hi! beautiful bag! Do you mind sharing how much you got this for? I am looking on fashionphile and dont know what the regular costs are in boutique! thanks!!

My very first tweed Chanel !! A special anniversary gift while on vacation ! It’s from Fall/Winter of 2014 ! I’m obsessed with the yellow tweed and antiqued gold hardware ! For a second hand bag from 2014 it’s in absolutely beautiful condition . Made in France and purchased at the GOOP store at Aberge Mauna Lani Hawaii . Who knew they sold Chanel ? It’s actually from What’s Goes Around specifically selected for the GOOP store here in Hawaii . Obsessed is an understatement and a very far right field from my usually black color of choice ! Something fun to remember our fabulous anniversary trip to last a lifetime Just had to share !

Attachments

• 8012CDBC-3C60-49BF-A515-6101138F0114.jpeg
    8012CDBC-3C60-49BF-A515-6101138F0114.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 129
  • A96B3FE2-338F-408A-BFEB-AE4D9944A150.jpeg
    A96B3FE2-338F-408A-BFEB-AE4D9944A150.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 128
Picked up this rectangular mini from the boutique last week from 21K collection. Curious if you have any thoughts on this? Is it too much with the sequins? I really don’t have a proper evening bag any more so I planned to use this for dinner/events.

Attachments

• 7D4F1ACE-E9F5-406C-BA61-AF66B5CA8DEF.jpeg
    7D4F1ACE-E9F5-406C-BA61-AF66B5CA8DEF.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 162
  • E305BE7D-2C78-45D8-A3F9-19D10C3D83AB.jpeg
    E305BE7D-2C78-45D8-A3F9-19D10C3D83AB.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 157
Picked up this rectangular mini from the boutique last week from 21K collection. Curious if you have any thoughts on this? Is it too much with the sequins? I really don’t have a proper evening bag any more so I planned to use this for dinner/events.
I think this is gorgeous and it is not too much with the sequins since it is not all across the bag. :P The sequins blend in really well in my opinion.

I love how unique the Chanel-print sequins are! It reminds me of my houndstooth tweed bag with the Chanel ribbon woven in - a little special something that people can’t see from afar but you know about. And I see a lot of people concerned about wear on tweed but I really haven’t noticed any pilling on my bag (in fact I think the tweed disguises if), and I don’t baby it either. I would just be a little concerned in dinner situations about potential liquid spills, that’s when leather comes in handy.

Reactions: 4386nevilla

It looks beautiful and I think it'll be great for day and night! I love the close up picture of the sequins!

Wow! I just got a close look at those printed sequins! This bag is absolutely unique- I don't think it is too much. It looks rather subtle and understated to me. What I love about my tweed mini is that it can be casual or dressy depending on what you wear with it. But, because of the pattern, it will elevate a simple outfit into something interesting. And you will never meet anyone with the same bag as you...