Chanel Tweed Bags

I would try blotting it carefully with a white cloth and a solution of warm water and (one drop!) of gentle dish soap. To blot- gently press, rotate your fingers and lift to work the solution in without rubbing. Then follow with plain water in the same method (different cloth- you can use an old white tshirt) and allow to dry fully. Hopefully the dirt will come out! If this doesn't work, maybe a professional dry cleaner would have some tips. Good luck!
Ohh thank you! Will definitely try that. I’m afraid that I may ruin it by putting something

Thank you ladies. I contacted 3 Chanel stores and associates and was not crazy for any of the tweed being offered this season nor did they have anything from previous season that caught my eye. i did pull the trigger on a beautiful bag from the cruise collection 2016. I fell in love with the colors. Introducing my first pre loved Chanel. View attachment 3931536 View attachment 3931537
Sorry if this has been answered I haven’t read the whole thread. Since this has white in it how will you clean it if something like wine or ketchup gets on it? I’m eyeing one with even more white but afraid to buy it because I can be clumsy.

Sorry if this has been answered I haven’t read the whole thread. Since this has white in it how will you clean it if something like wine or ketchup gets on it? I’m eyeing one with even more white but afraid to buy it because I can be clumsy.
Ok I see that there have been many questions about cleaning tweed.

Hi ladies! Would love your opinions on this tweed bag… I haven’t seen it in person and not sure if this is the true colour (pic seems little too bright for me) but I do quite like it.

This should be wool tweed? Is it prone to piling? Comments welcome!! Thank you!!

C62FF44B-A914-4CF0-8842-EA2470D9C861.jpeg

32F7B0EF-6543-4246-AF46-FE78A9DF4D10.jpeg

Reactions: NY-LON
Hi ladies! Would love your opinions on this tweed bag… I haven’t seen it in person and not sure if this is the true colour (pic seems little too bright for me) but I do quite like it.

This should be wool tweed? Is it prone to piling? Comments welcome!! Thank you!!

View attachment 5624444

View attachment 5624445
Oh love the color! Looks like a wool tweed to me. Just avoid using it with clothes that have sequins, studs, etc that could ruin the tweed.

Reactions: lovechanel098
Hi there! I am considering getting a 19 bag with a similar tweed pattern. I am curious to hear your experience with yours. How is it holding up? Pills? Do you baby it? It won't be an everyday bag for me but I do want to use it. Thank you so much
I have two 19's in tweed, small size, and they're perfect. I have one for almost 4 years and use it a lot.

Reactions: Joke
Absolutely love tweed. I’ve been waiting for the perfect combo, and I finally found the one!
Do you still have this? After some years are you still excited, still intrigue by bag. Did the color get dingy? I ask because i purchased pre loved round clutch on chain version and have small return window. But was on fence about it.

I love tweed, have some tweed jackets, but decided to not purchase a tweed bag after owning a pair of Chanel tweed slingback.

Now shoes do get more wear than bags, but for tweed, 2 things that can't be avoided - yellowing of color and fraying from coming in contact with other materials.

I've checked out preloved Chanel tweed bag in person and for any bright colors, they show signs of yellowing/aging/dirt l. The fraying overall is not so bad, but it's unavoidable.

Reactions: RitaLA
Do you still have this? After some years are you still excited, still intrigue by bag. Did the color get dingy? I ask because i purchased pre loved round clutch on chain version and have small return window. But was on fence about it.
Still have it, still love it. Since I own several bags, I only use it a handful times a year though. Thus, it’s still in pristine condition.

I would add that I would be hesitant to purchase any tweed bag that requires crossbody usage. I think that would have a greater tendency for it to become disheveled-looking/heavily used.

Reactions: lolasparks