Chanel Tweed Bags

I started gravitating towards non-leather Chanel bags in the last few years, and I love them just a little more than my leather Chanels. It’s definitely more unique in my opinion!

I’ve got a shearling flap bag, tweed 19, and just added this beauty last week!

It’s sadly not an everyday bag but I definitely think worth considering when you feel bored with the run of the mill colours.

View attachment 5116284

Hello Ladypreshpresh,
Would you please share your experience with your shearling bag please?

First tweed! Never thought I would get a tweed bag when I first dove into Chanel, but the price increase gave me the push I needed XD

I still adore Chanel leather bags, but there’s just something so unique and classy about tweed bags…totally in love!

View attachment 5136065

What do you ladies think about this upcoming piece in the 22C collection?

View attachment 5136067
It looks very interesting! I like the sharp contrast with the black hardware- I wonder if the tweed will be pure white or ivory? I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person:smile:

Reactions: lala_retro
I love Chanel tweed, whether lesage or not. They are so unique, stunning, full of imagination and fun. Did not realize it is an occasional bag when I spent a lot of efforts getting the highly sought after houndstooth mini and a medium during the early pandemic shut down. It was a tight weaved tweed, truly beautiful but I let them go as feeling the logo ribbons too loud for me. The desire to add one perfect tweed, like many others here, never ends until I am happy to get this matching combo. This tweed seems to loosely done, a symbol of high maintenance, but the sparkles including the rainbow sequins and all the details of threads are so romantic. Just want to share a small tip I figured. For some loose thread or small pulls, I just use a blunt needle to get them back to place. I enjoy more of lambskin and tweed more than caviar bags as they seem to have more characters especially tweed and in fact may be restored or fixed.

Thank you for letting me share the love of Chanel tweed.
Detail 2.jpg

Attachments

• Tweed.jpg
    Tweed.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 101
I love Chanel tweed, whether lesage or not. They are so unique, stunning, full of imagination and fun. Did not realize it is an occasional bag when I spent a lot of efforts getting the highly sought after houndstooth mini and a medium during the early pandemic shut down. It was a tight weaved tweed, truly beautiful but I let them go as feeling the logo ribbons too loud for me. The desire to add one perfect tweed, like many others here, never ends until I am happy to get this matching combo. This tweed seems to loosely done, a symbol of high maintenance, but the sparkles including the rainbow sequins and all the details of threads are so romantic. Just want to share a small tip I figured. For some loose thread or small pulls, I just use a blunt needle to get them back to place. I enjoy more of lambskin and tweed more than caviar bags as they seem to have more characters especially tweed and in fact may be restored or fixed.

View attachment 5140590
I picked up the exact same bag in the mini size, however, I am still on the fence about it because I feel like the looser weave will be more high-maintenance. I love the color combination though... I still have one week to decide!

I picked up the exact same bag in the mini size, however, I am still on the fence about it because I feel like the looser weave will be more high-maintenance. I love the color combination though... I still have one week to decide!
I can totally share your feeling. Even though I am not in the position to suggest anything, I would share my thoughts and hopefully it help with your decision making. For me, tweed like a lucky charm reissue, or a white Chanel, are considered pieces to COMPLETE my Chanel love, although I know very well they are not daily purse to use and to me, the completion part means that I adore, enjoy them, be happy even looking at them and could not part from them, i.e. not just admire afar and I have to own one. If you have the feeling like that, knowing well they are occasional bags and even if not used you still need to have one, then it seems necessary to have one.

Tweed, like various leather of Chanel, after I have owned enough pieces to form some sort of opinion, vary each season, each design or even each piece and I do realize the quality issue. Some tweed are better maintenance given the tightness of weaves, darker colors, materials used, some are prone to show wear and tear, such as lighter colors, loose weave, more delicate materials such as ribbon, gorge, etc. In addition, on the second hand market, even if you sell a brand new tweed, lamb or seasonal Chanel items, it often times means quite some lose. I know we are not buying to sell or take them as investment, but girls certainly change minds often and it's one factor to consider before I decide to buy because I want to make sure any tweed bag I buy is one hundred percent sure that I love and will enjoy, and if I change mind later, I will accept loss from selling.

For this piece, my thought is that, I am so happy to have it even though I only use it occasionally, and even if thread gets loose, I can fix a little with needle, and even if it gets worn, I would not regret as it give me so much happiness to pamper it. Eventually if I really have to let it go, I don't mind the loss. I do feel it's actually not big concern of maintenance because it's dark color so I can even wear it while I drink wine or coffee so long as I don't wear sharp jewelry or clothing to pull the material hard.

Hope it helps with your decision making.

Reactions: mcmc
I can totally share your feeling. Even though I am not in the position to suggest anything, I would share my thoughts and hopefully it help with your decision making. For me, tweed like a lucky charm reissue, or a white Chanel, are considered pieces to COMPLETE my Chanel love, although I know very well they are not daily purse to use and to me, the completion part means that I adore, enjoy them, be happy even looking at them and could not part from them, i.e. not just admire afar and I have to own one. If you have the feeling like that, knowing well they are occasional bags and even if not used you still need to have one, then it seems necessary to have one.

Tweed, like various leather of Chanel, after I have owned enough pieces to form some sort of opinion, vary each season, each design or even each piece and I do realize the quality issue. Some tweed are better maintenance given the tightness of weaves, darker colors, materials used, some are prone to show wear and tear, such as lighter colors, loose weave, more delicate materials such as ribbon, gorge, etc. In addition, on the second hand market, even if you sell a brand new tweed, lamb or seasonal Chanel items, it often times means quite some lose. I know we are not buying to sell or take them as investment, but girls certainly change minds often and it's one factor to consider before I decide to buy because I want to make sure any tweed bag I buy is one hundred percent sure that I love and will enjoy, and if I change mind later, I will accept loss from selling.

For this piece, my thought is that, I am so happy to have it even though I only use it occasionally, and even if thread gets loose, I can fix a little with needle, and even if it gets worn, I would not regret as it give me so much happiness to pamper it. Eventually if I really have to let it go, I don't mind the loss. I do feel it's actually not big concern of maintenance because it's dark color so I can even wear it while I drink wine or coffee so long as I don't wear sharp jewelry or clothing to pull the material hard.

Hope it helps with your decision making.
Thank you dear- it is helpful! I think I will keep it because the colors in it are all colors I usually wear; black, navy, purple, jewel tones. I also love the champagne hardware. Overall it looks moody and sparkly and there will never be another combination like it! I will just try to be extra careful with jewelry. It seems to be fairly easy to just tuck the loose threads back in. I hope you enjoy yours too:smile:

View attachment 5140590
The jacket is DIVINE! :heart: Love both! My tweed in this same pattern will be arriving soon. I cannot wait.

The jacket is DIVINE! :heart: Love both! My tweed in this same pattern will be arriving soon. I cannot wait.
Congrats! I do feel this tweed is nice one to have. It's very light weight, not too form fitting and comfortable to wear, not to mention that the details bring a lot of happiness. Even though I am not a bling person, I find it age appropriate and no limitations to use as a casual piece as well.

Thank you dear- it is helpful! I think I will keep it because the colors in it are all colors I usually wear; black, navy, purple, jewel tones. I also love the champagne hardware. Overall it looks moody and sparkly and there will never be another combination like it! I will just try to be extra careful with jewelry. It seems to be fairly easy to just tuck the loose threads back in. I hope you enjoy yours too:smile:
Glad that my humble opinion helps. I do enjoy it more and more and I am not afraid of using it on daily basis. Yes, it's not easy to find one tweed bag in a color combo with different elements that I love all, but this is the one. I particularly love the peacock blue thread and the white bunny tail like cotton balls and those dainty tiny sequins sparking like jewels under the sun, as I play with it a lot while at work. While sequins often times give me impression of being childish, this one seems very sophisticated. I can imagine it is a very good conversation starter for adults just like we share our talk here. Cheers.

Reactions: asya.khan