Chanel Tweed Bags

Resurrecting this thread! I've just picked up this mini reissue in tweed and I'm in love. I'm about 99% sure I'd like to keep it but have been getting a bit scared of all the 'don't buy tweed because of wear/tear!!' advice I'm seeing online. That said, I don't plan on wearing this bag as an everyday bag so I'm not too concerned. Has anyone purchased this particular bag/anything similar? If so, how has the bag worn for you?

View attachment 5116253
I LOVE this bag! Pretty combination of colors. I bought my 1st tweed mini this month to add to my collection. It's not an everyday bag but I do plan to use it often and enjoy it. Congrats!

Reactions: anatomyofafad
Resurrecting this thread! I've just picked up this mini reissue in tweed and I'm in love. ... If so, how has the bag worn for you?

View attachment 5116253

i love this bag and would pick it up if I hadn’t already spent my Chanel money :smile:

I very much love tweed bags and have one 19L in tweed. I love it, but I am careful about what I wear with it. I wore it with a cashmere sweater which meant that the bag picked up fuzz from the sweater. It was easy to brush out with a cashmere brush, but I now only wear it against smooth clothing like silk To avoid friction in general. I’m not afraid of lose threads or pilling, but I’m also careful to avoid it as much as possible. But in the end there might be pilling, that’s just part for the course with wool fibers.

Reactions: anatomyofafad
i love this bag and would pick it up if I hadn’t already spent my Chanel money :smile:

I very much love tweed bags and have one 19L in tweed. I love it, but I am careful about what I wear with it. I wore it with a cashmere sweater which meant that the bag picked up fuzz from the sweater. It was easy to brush out with a cashmere brush, but I now only wear it against smooth clothing like silk To avoid friction in general. I’m not afraid of lose threads or pilling, but I’m also careful to avoid it as much as possible. But in the end there might be pilling, that’s just part for the course with wool fibers.

Oh man, that's such helpful insight! It didn't even occur to me to think about it picking up fuzz/fiber transfer, I'd only been thinking about it rubbing against rougher fabrics like denim. I was 2 days away from wearing it with the lintiest black cardigan of all time without a second thought so you've saved this bag! :lol:

Reactions: mariatd
I started gravitating towards non-leather Chanel bags in the last few years, and I love them just a little more than my leather Chanels. It’s definitely more unique in my opinion!

I’ve got a shearling flap bag, tweed 19, and just added this beauty last week!

It’s sadly not an everyday bag but I definitely think worth considering when you feel bored with the run of the mill colours.

View attachment 5116284

GAH this is gorgeous, sequins and all! It must be extra stunning when the light catches them. :heart:

You're totally right about non-leather bags having a different sort of grip on the heart, I feel the same way. I think it's a combination of them being less ubiquitous and also by nature being a bit more fun and lighthearted. I kinda love the idea that my tweed bag might be beautiful to me and utterly confusing to someone else. :lol:

GAH this is gorgeous, sequins and all! It must be extra stunning when the light catches them. :heart:

You're totally right about non-leather bags having a different sort of grip on the heart, I feel the same way. I think it's a combination of them being less ubiquitous and also by nature being a bit more fun and lighthearted. I kinda love the idea that my tweed bag might be beautiful to me and utterly confusing to someone else. :lol:

exactly this! i find that a tweed bag shows a bit more of my personality, even if i'm still very much a neutral colours only girl. this was my other tweed chanel 19 (mine is in the small size). :biggrin:

chanel-19-wallet-on-chain-black-beige-tweed-gold-tone-silver-tone-ruthenium-finish-metal-twee...jpeg

I started gravitating towards non-leather Chanel bags in the last few years, and I love them just a little more than my leather Chanels. It’s definitely more unique in my opinion!

I’ve got a shearling flap bag, tweed 19, and just added this beauty last week!

It’s sadly not an everyday bag but I definitely think worth considering when you feel bored with the run of the mill colours.

View attachment 5116284
this tweed mini is gorgeous!! may I ask do you find it easy to pair with clothes? when you said it was not an everyday bag, was it because of the tweed material or the color combinations? thank you!!

this tweed mini is gorgeous!! may I ask do you find it easy to pair with clothes? when you said it was not an everyday bag, was it because of the tweed material or the color combinations? thank you!!
Most of my wardrobe is neutral (black, white, grey, navy, beige) so this goes perfectly with most things I wear!

I wouldn’t use it everyday because of the material and how long I need to actually be wearing the bag (as opposed to it being set down on a table for dinner as an example).

It would also depend on what I wear because I don’t want the bag’s fibres rubbing against a sweater which might cause the fabric to pill or pull.

Reactions: itrar
Most of my wardrobe is neutral (black, white, grey, navy, beige) so this goes perfectly with most things I wear!

I wouldn’t use it everyday because of the material and how long I need to actually be wearing the bag (as opposed to it being set down on a table for dinner as an example).

It would also depend on what I wear because I don’t want the bag’s fibres rubbing against a sweater which might cause the fabric to pill or pull.
thank you! that's super useful and reassuring!! im looking for a tweed mini, just want to make sure the color is versatile. trying to pull the trigger here and see if I can locate this cute baby :smile:

Reactions: marinaeff