Julia Rose Boston - beware a negative experience!

That's awesome that u have good experience with her .. unfortunately not everyone does
Understand, but that is true with every company out there. As a former business owner, I just feel bad you slammed her so hard with title. No one and no company is perfect and I along with many friends I have referred to her over the years have been very satisfied. I’m sorry you couldn’t resolve your situation.

That's awesome that u have good experience with her .. unfortunately not everyone does
No one slammed her. We are just here to talk about our experiences with her

Understand, but that is true with every company out there. As a former business owner, I just feel bad you slammed her so hard with title. No one and no company is perfect and I along with many friends I have referred to her over the years have been very satisfied. I’m sorry you couldn’t resolve your situation.
And just like with every company there's a review section for unsatisfied customers

Hello All! I just want to add my personal experience with Julia Rose for over the past 3 years. I have bought and sold with Julia and every single transaction has gone smoothly without issue. Julia’s business has grown tremendously over the last couple years and she has adjusted and changed her site accordingly. IF you are selling there is a form to fill out w/pictures. She clearly states timelines of when you will get response (and she is spot on). It is then up to YOU to continue to ship (at your cost) items to her and they do contact you within 3 days of arrival. As with everything, some items sell faster than others so IF you are in need of money quickly...maybe not for you? As far as buying, popular items go fast and she ships out following week. You can always fill out under an item that Sold you want to be contacted when another is available and trust me, you will be notified! So, as with “any” shopping experience there can be exceptions but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Julia Rose and she wouldn’t be doing what she does if the 3/4 unhappy reviews here were the norm. She has many, many happy clients buying and selling and I am not an influencer.
Also I just went back and read my post. I didn't see anything that I "slammed" her

Wow that's crazy! Even though it's their mistake???

They didn’t see it as a mistake lc
Wow that's crazy! Even though it's their mistake???

long story short I wound up exchanging for a different Chanel bag that I can wear crossbody and paying the difference. Not the best experience but could have been worse and stuck with the bag.

They didn’t see it as a mistake lc

long story short I wound up exchanging for a different Chanel bag that I can wear crossbody and paying the difference. Not the best experience but could have been worse and stuck with the bag.
That’s crappy though. I don’t know how people are trusting some individual with thousands of dollars. I understand the desire for a certain handbag etc but is it worth all that-I guess IMO NO. What recourse do you have for certain? This is not a department store or some corporate headquarters you can even take it up to is it? OMG scary. And no one should feel bad or have to apologize about their experience with an individual who sole them a bag especially a pre-loved/used bag that was not as listed in the description.

Happy Sunday everyone!

I was in the middle of paying for the invoice for a Birkin from Julia Rose, but apprehensive about it as I have not really researched in the company’s ethics other than the past year of following her stories on IG. I initially found her through an influencer, and I have seen many great reviews. After reviewing these thread of experiences, it raises up my concerned of getting this bag from her.
Please advise if I should proceed with this purchase — I’m really nervous about this.
Thank you!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I was in the middle of paying for the invoice for a Birkin from Julia Rose, but apprehensive about it as I have not really researched in the company’s ethics other than the past year of following her stories on IG. I initially found her through an influencer, and I have seen many great reviews. After reviewing these thread of experiences, it raises up my concerned of getting this bag from her.
Please advise if I should proceed with this purchase — I’m really nervous about this.
Thank you!

Perhaps after doing some due diligence you will reach your own decision. I have read through
this thread & there is a mixed vibe here
You will have to make this decision for yourself. It is a tough call.. Is she the only reseller that
his the Birkin you are looking for?
Sometimes our 6th sense kicks in..

Perhaps after doing some due diligence you will reach your own decision. I have read through
this thread & there is a mixed vibe here
You will have to make this decision for yourself. It is a tough call.. Is she the only reseller that
his the Birkin you are looking for?
Sometimes our 6th sense kicks in..
Yeah. I have been having a lot of issues with my Hermes SA, and it is getting to the point where I’ve nervous breakdowns after all the money spent on getting other items at Hermes to build this relationship. Which is why I finally made the decision to get it pre-loved. The “new” ones they are selling on the pre-loved market is absurd.
I guess my ultimate question would be — is Julia Rose Boston shady enough where she will not deliver the bag?

Yeah. I have been having a lot of issues with my Hermes SA, and it is getting to the point where I’ve nervous breakdowns after all the money spent on getting other items at Hermes to build this relationship. Which is why I finally made the decision to get it pre-loved. The “new” ones they are selling on the pre-loved market is absurd.
I guess my ultimate question would be — is Julia Rose Boston shady enough where she will not deliver the bag?

I wouldn't want to go into a transaction feeling that a reseller is "shady" in your words & that the
bag you are purchasing won't be delivered
If you are paying by credit card you will have the extra layer of protection
It's your call..... perhaps sleep on it & tomorrow you might feel differently about this...

I have dealt with her and not had any problems at all. I think there is virtually no chance she would not send you the bag, the only potential issue, as with any seller is whether the item thrills you or disappoints you when you have it in hand. Just think about yourself as a customer; are you a person who looks at every stitch with a microscope (not saying that is a bad thing)? If so, I would pay more from a reseller who has a return policy just in case you don’t love anything about the bag as much as you thought you would. I only say that because some people need to really examine an item in person to know if they love it or not. As with any purchase, I would use a protected method of payment for your piece of mind.

Reactions: Glitterbomb
I just want to say that I had a really bad experience with Julia Rose Boston. I’m not sure if she’s the actual one who overlooks her Instagram account but it seems like she’s definitely an Ellen Degenerous type....meaning she only cares for the wealthy and good looking people.
I sent a consignment form to her along with a few photos for my Louis Vuitton Escale Kirigami set about a few weeks back and never heard from her. I even made sure to follow up a week of not hearing from her then two days after that.
After no response from her I then proceeded to send her a message through IG. Now I understand if a business is busy and it may take a couple of hours or even days to get back to a customer BUT she was just ignoring me.
She continued to post on her IG, and respond back to customer comments on her Instagram posts. Then a few days later I see that she made a post about a different Escale Kirigami set!!!!
If she didn’t want the responsibility of having to sell two she should have just said so, a simple I’m not interested IS SO EASY. I know as a business owner I make sure to respond to ALL of my customers even if it’s not right away.
She not only waisted my time, but also the opportunity to have sold it elsewhere in that time frame. What poor business practice.

Not surprised her business isn’t legitimized and registered with bbb. I can only imagine the negative ratings she’d get!

I discovered something very disturbing last night when scrolling through JRB's IG page.

She sold someone a fake Chanel pearl bag from 19S.

I am 100% sure of this fact.

This is incredibly disturbing. A reseller who is selling thousands of items a year to customers needs to be able to properly authenticate the items they are selling. If they cannot do that, they have no right to be in the business of reselling handbags and other designer/luxury items to trusting customers who may not know better, and blindly trust that a reputable reseller knows how to properly authenticate. I understand that some items may slip through the cracks from time to time, but Julia boasts that the items she and her company sells are "always authentic".

The fact that she has this picture posted on her IG, showing this bag off and with a caption saying it has been sold and sent to a happy home, is even more disturbing because it implies that Julia still, to this day, has no idea this bag is a fake. Either that, or she is knowingly posting and selling fakes to people?

I feel so bad for the person that bought this bag from her, and I really really hope they will see this comment and demand a refund.
JRB should do the right thing and reach out to them and refund them, but I doubt she will, and even if she says she does I won't believe it without confirmation from the customer.

IMG_1447.PNG < - always authentic??

IMG_1430.PNG < - picture on her IG page, with a caption saying that this (FAKE) bag has been sold to some poor, unknowing customer

IMG_1434.PNG IMG_1431.PNG< - pictures proving this picture is really on her IG page (go check it out yourself!)

1623608782.5763168-C922D37D-6227-48B1-9F15-FB0BF7A2D801.jpg < - comparison picture of an authentic pearl bag from 19S compared to the fake pearl bag Julia sold someone, with the very obvious tells circled. Look at ANY picture of the authentic pearl bag from 19S. The pearls are ALWAYS the same. There is no variation. The fake bag is 100% for sure a fake, there are no doubts.

Last edited:
Hi everyon
I discovered something very disturbing last night when scrolling through JRB's IG page.

She sold someone a fake Chanel pearl bag from 19S.

I am 100% sure of this fact.

This is incredibly disturbing. A reseller who is selling thousands of items a year to customers needs to be able to properly authenticate the items they are selling. If they cannot do that, they have no right to be in the business of reselling handbags and other designer/luxury items to trusting customers who may not know better, and blindly trust that a reputable reseller knows how to properly authenticate. I understand that some items may slip through the cracks from time to time, but Julia boasts that the items she and her company sells are "always authentic".

The fact that she has this picture posted on her IG, showing this bag off and with a caption saying it has been sold and sent to a happy home, is even more disturbing because it implies that Julia still, to this day, has no idea this bag is a fake. Either that, or she is knowingly posting and selling fakes to people?

I feel so bad for the person that bought this bag from her, and I really really hope they will see this comment and demand a refund.
JRB should do the right thing and reach out to them and refund them, but I doubt she will, and even if she says she does I won't believe it without confirmation from the customer.

View attachment 5109130 < - always authentic??

View attachment 5109133 < - picture on her IG page, with a caption saying that this (FAKE) bag has been sold to some poor, unknowing customer

View attachment 5109139 View attachment 5109140< - pictures proving this picture is really on her IG page (go check it out yourself!)

View attachment 5109136 < - comparison picture of an authentic pearl bag from 19S compared to the fake pearl bag Julia sold someone, with the very obvious tells circled. Look at ANY picture of the authentic pearl bag from 19S. The pearls are ALWAYS the same. There is no variation. The fake bag is 100% for sure a fake, there are no doubts.

This photo was used to increase our engagement on instagram. The pearl bag was actually brought in by a consultant of ours, who is a longtime collector, so I did not think twice about its authenticity. It was never for sale or sold. I never inspected the bag because it was not in our catalogue--it was her personal bag that we used for a styling photo that she styled and took.

I'm horrified to now find out that it might be fake, and upon confronting her, learned that she did not purchase it at the store, where I assumed she had since she worked for Chanel (via a Department Store) for a number of years. It was instead purchased at a consignment shop in Paris and is thus likely of dubious origin.

We would not sell a fake bag, and on bags of this price point, always have them checked for authenticity by a third party.

• Angry
Reactions: platanoparty
I have asked the consultant to post a photo of the pearl bag here in this thread with today's date. She has the bag in her possession and it was never sold or frankly, touched by me (I would have seen that it was not authentic). The last pearl bag that we sold was authenticated by the buyer (and us), and the owner recently reached out about the styled photo, and alerted us that the bag in the picture might be fake (but that she knew hers was very real).