Julia Rose Boston - beware a negative experience!

I discovered something very disturbing last night when scrolling through JRB's IG page.

She sold someone a fake Chanel pearl bag from 19S.

I am 100% sure of this fact.

This is incredibly disturbing. A reseller who is selling thousands of items a year to customers needs to be able to properly authenticate the items they are selling. If they cannot do that, they have no right to be in the business of reselling handbags and other designer/luxury items to trusting customers who may not know better, and blindly trust that a reputable reseller knows how to properly authenticate. I understand that some items may slip through the cracks from time to time, but Julia boasts that the items she and her company sells are "always authentic".

The fact that she has this picture posted on her IG, showing this bag off and with a caption saying it has been sold and sent to a happy home, is even more disturbing because it implies that Julia still, to this day, has no idea this bag is a fake. Either that, or she is knowingly posting and selling fakes to people?

I feel so bad for the person that bought this bag from her, and I really really hope they will see this comment and demand a refund.
JRB should do the right thing and reach out to them and refund them, but I doubt she will, and even if she says she does I won't believe it without confirmation from the customer.

View attachment 5109130 < - always authentic??

View attachment 5109133 < - picture on her IG page, with a caption saying that this (FAKE) bag has been sold to some poor, unknowing customer

View attachment 5109139 View attachment 5109140< - pictures proving this picture is really on her IG page (go check it out yourself!)

View attachment 5109136 < - comparison picture of an authentic pearl bag from 19S compared to the fake pearl bag Julia sold someone, with the very obvious tells circled. Look at ANY picture of the authentic pearl bag from 19S. The pearls are ALWAYS the same. There is no variation. The fake bag is 100% for sure a fake, there are no doubts.

Hello everyone,

I felt so sorry to have put Julia, her clients and anyone who are considering shopping with Julia through this horror. That bag is not part of Julia's merchandises. As much as I dislike being exposed, I want to clear everyone's concern. I have provided a photo here to show that i have this devious bag in my procession.

IMG_6218.jpeg

Having just lost my job, julia offered me a little job, in order to stay self-sufficient. I helped with content creation a couple months back. I brought the pearl bag in for a pearl edit. I had previously worked at Chanel, when I came in with it, Julia assumed I have purchased it from the store. I bought it from a consignment store in Paris, to be honest, i was over the moon when i thought i found this gem. With that hefty price tag and the full set was presented to me, i never thought to question the authenticity.

Sorry to have caused everyone this scare. Please dont blame Julia for my oversight.

IMG_6218.jpeg

Last edited:
I just want to say that I had a really bad experience with Julia Rose Boston. I’m not sure if she’s the actual one who overlooks her Instagram account but it seems like she’s definitely an Ellen Degenerous type....meaning she only cares for the wealthy and good looking people.
I sent a consignment form to her along with a few photos for my Louis Vuitton Escale Kirigami set about a few weeks back and never heard from her. I even made sure to follow up a week of not hearing from her then two days after that.
After no response from her I then proceeded to send her a message through IG. Now I understand if a business is busy and it may take a couple of hours or even days to get back to a customer BUT she was just ignoring me.
She continued to post on her IG, and respond back to customer comments on her Instagram posts. Then a few days later I see that she made a post about a different Escale Kirigami set!!!!
If she didn’t want the responsibility of having to sell two she should have just said so, a simple I’m not interested IS SO EASY. I know as a business owner I make sure to respond to ALL of my customers even if it’s not right away.
She not only waisted my time, but also the opportunity to have sold it elsewhere in that time frame. What poor business practice.

Not surprised her business isn’t legitimized and registered with bbb. I can only imagine the negative ratings she’d get!
I've never bought anything from Julia Rose Boston or from sellers on social media, but it seems misleading to characterize not having received a response as a "really bad experience". Not trying to defend this seller but perhaps she is very busy and might have overlooked your messages?

Reactions: QuelleFromage
^^^ Fakes have slipped through every major reseller and consignment house. FP has posted a ton of fakes that eagled eyed purse lovers have called out. This seems to be a one off for JRB in this regard so I don't think it's a big deal especially since the bag was never for sale.

I think it's a bit different with FP, because they have a very generous return policy and stand by the authenticity of their bags. If you ever find out an item you bought from FP isn't authentic (and have proof of it), they promise to refund you.

All I have seen from JRB is that their items are final sale & a statement that they would never sell a fake bag.

I think it's a bit different with FP, because they have a very generous return policy and stand by the authenticity of their bags. If you ever find out an item you bought from FP isn't authentic (and have proof of it), they promise to refund you.

All I have seen from JRB is that their items are final sale & a statement that they would never sell a fake bag.

You make an excellent point. I hope that JRB would do the same if someone were to realize they bought a fake. Final sale is ridiculous in this context. There has to be some peace of mind when buying bags on the resale market especially when they are expensive. Thank you for spotting the bag and calling it out.

^^^ Fakes have slipped through every major reseller and consignment house. FP has posted a ton of fakes that eagled eyed purse lovers have called out. This seems to be a one off for JRB in this regard so I don't think it's a big deal especially since the bag was never for sale.
This is one instance and if not for @Glitterbomb we would have never known. How can we be sure if this was a ONE time thing any way ... These days most sellers stopped taking Paypal invoice so wth Zelle/Bank Transfer/Paypal G&S no way to get money back..

my advice is to stay away from resellers and buy straight from boutique .. there is always a unicorn or better bag being released !!

I saw couple of Instagram and YouTubers with the same counterfeit pattern pearl bag, I hope they know that they bought a counterfeit bag.

This is one instance and if not for @Glitterbomb we would have never known. How can we be sure if this was a ONE time thing any way ... These days most sellers stopped taking Paypal invoice so wth Zelle/Bank Transfer/Paypal G&S no way to get money back..

my advice is to stay away from resellers and buy straight from boutique .. there is always a unicorn or better bag being released !!

Ironically, I discovered this thread because I reported an IG seller with a fake pearl bag for sale (not JRB).

Buying from a boutique isn't always possible esp if you are buying vintage or a truly HTF item. I would only ever pay by G&S because there's no shortage of scammers. There was a trusted seller in one of the Chanel FB groups that had been selling for years so she was trusted and many, many buyers were paying via Zelle. She exit scammed and ended up walking away with something like 60K because she resold the same 3 HTF bags to multiple people. Just a mess and awful for the buyers that got scammed.

You make an excellent point. I hope that JRB would do the same if someone were to realize they bought a fake. Final sale is ridiculous in this context. There has to be some peace of mind when buying bags on the resale market especially when they are expensive. Thank you for spotting the bag and calling it out.
We would of course refund if we sold a fake bag whether it was a day or 100 years ago. It is immoral and illegal to do otherwise. I also want to note that our 'no returns' policy is more to deter people whom might take advantage (we are too small to absorb the cost of it). That said, we always take returns if there's a problem with the item or try our best to accommodate when there's an issue (ie. the shoes didn't fit or the bag doesn't go crossbody).

I agree with everyone: it was irresponsible and reckless not to spot the fake or look closely at the bag that was posted on our feed -- even if it was never for sale. It was careless to put blind trust into my consultant. To be honest, we've only had maybe 6 of this model, and the last one was over a year ago. I don't know the pearl pattern intimately, which is why I didn't catch it when posted.

Authenticity is the most important part of the work for us. We spend considerable time, money and effort on it. We are fully transparent with our products -- supply many photos; post close up videos on our stories; and take payment in a way that protects buyers.

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with consignment with Julia. My experience is that they do not proactively tell you when things sell and you have to repeatedly inquire about status of payment. Anyone else have this experience recently?

Reactions: Kuicetsm
I’m wondering if anyone has experience with consignment with Julia. My experience is that they do not proactively tell you when things sell and you have to repeatedly inquire about status of payment. Anyone else have this experience recently?
Hi Milo,

I'm so sorry for our delay. Can you please send us an email this morning and we will ensure that the payment is done? We are actually moving to a consignment software where items will be intaked, tracked and paid on a portal so consignors can track easily each stage of the process. We have done this all manually in the past because we are a tiny operation and small team, and did not have the bandwidth to proactively email when items sold. We hope this automated system will streamline and expedite the process.

Reactions: YEANETT
BEWARE! I suspect she misplaced my Chanel bag and also sold me a fake Goyard. The Goyard was new with tags- I brought it to Goyard in NYC to get it painted. They told me they couldn’t paint it without proof of receipt and when I pressed the SA further he insuinated based on feel of the bag it wasn’t authentic. I asked Julia if she could contact the seller for a receipt and she said she’d ask and then I heard nothing from her.

Fast forward several months I sent her a Chanel bag to sell, which I should have used my judgement and stayed away. She had it for MONTHS and didn’t post it, despite my emailing her several times and her replying she would post it that day. I asked for it back and she asked to give it more time. After another month I demanded my bag back and she replied that it “just sold” despite the fact that it wasn’t posted on Instagram nor was it on her website. She transferred me the money. Months later I then finally saw my bag posted…after it had been “sold”

BEWARE! I suspect she misplaced my Chanel bag and also sold me a fake Goyard. The Goyard was new with tags- I brought it to Goyard in NYC to get it painted. They told me they couldn’t paint it without proof of receipt and when I pressed the SA further he insuinated based on feel of the bag it wasn’t authentic. I asked Julia if she could contact the seller for a receipt and she said she’d ask and then I heard nothing from her.

Fast forward several months I sent her a Chanel bag to sell, which I should have used my judgement and stayed away. She had it for MONTHS and didn’t post it, despite my emailing her several times and her replying she would post it that day. I asked for it back and she asked to give it more time. After another month I demanded my bag back and she replied that it “just sold” despite the fact that it wasn’t posted on Instagram nor was it on her website. She transferred me the money. Months later I then finally saw my bag posted…after it had been “sold”
Hi Jennifer,
I’m so sorry for your negative experience. Can you shoot me an email [email protected] so we can have your goyard authenticated by an authenticator of your choosing (or we can recommend two that have been reliable in the past)? We are very careful with goyard authentication given how good the fakes can be; tend only to sell those purchased directly from the store; and are quite familiar with the brand as I have carried it myself for over 10 years near daily.
I’m sorry it took us time to sell your bag. We have never lost an item, and of course if an item is damaged in our possession, we would compensate the owner in full. Many people purchase items and reconsign the exact item if they find they haven’t used it. That’s perhaps what you saw on the feed if the same bag was presented.

Hi Jennifer,
I’m so sorry for your negative experience. Can you shoot me an email [email protected] so we can have your goyard authenticated by an authenticator of your choosing (or we can recommend two that have been reliable in the past)? I can assure you it is authentic. Given how good the fakes can be, we only tend to sell those purchased directly from the store or purchased directly from us (and we got it right from a store). I am quite familiar with the brand as I have carried it myself for over 10 years near daily so know its touch, smell, details well.
I’m sorry it took us time to sell your bag. We have never lost an item, and of course if an item is damaged (or lost) in our possession, we would compensate the owner in full. Many people purchase items and reconsign the exact item if they find they haven’t used it. That’s perhaps what you saw on the feed if the same bag was presented. Either way, I’m sorry for your negative experience and hope you reach out so we can help get your bag painted.