Julia Rose Boston - beware a negative experience!

Oh yes- she was in Qbeescloset2's live not too long ago and bid $5700 on a vintage jumbo flap and turned around and resold it next week for over 8.5k!
That is typical of her business practices. She is a dishonest seller. She did this to me, she did it to two of my friends. She has gotten too big for her britches. There are other reputable resellers who are honest and more professional.

Glad I found this thread. I have consigned to with Julia and I can say the experience was not a good one, I literally had to email,checkin, and then follow her for payment, multiple times. It’s also really impractical that she can not be reached on at a phone number. Her reasoning being the pandemic/short staff/illness but for her consignment and credibility it feel flat. I have checked in on her page and noted that she has since tiered her fees as noted.

• Less than $600 = $150
  • $600 - $1500 = 25%
  • $1500 - $3000 = 20%
  • More than $3000 = 18%

When I sold she accepted 20% for each item sold which in tune netted her a lot of commission on my items to be honest came across as a little greed, also so taking in to consideration the method of payment.

Yet she didn’t reduce hers fee or any sort of good will gesture to the inconvenience she had put me through.

That being sad the reason for this note is I have just looked at her stores and her mark up on a Chanel card holder is $325 plus tax would also be added. Undeliverable and beyond disingenuous and I feel no justification as such, she states that she is below retail on most but I have seen different on so many occasions now.

I would never purchase from her and I wouldn’t sell with her again. Poor business practice displayed throughout
I had the exact same experience, as did two of my friends. I stopped doing business with her. She caters to some of the influencers and doesn't care about the average shopper. She is unprofessional, dishonest (I caught her in lies), and her fees are outrageous. You are better off going to Ann's Fabulous Finds! They are cheaper! With Ann's you get to KEEP:
85% on first $3000 (Ann's s only taking 15%!!!)
75% on next $1000
67.5% on amounts over that

Why would anyone consign with Julia?!?! You keep more of your profit with Ann's and they are professional and HONEST! It's a no-brainer. I question anyone still doing business with her. Even after all these threads, all these years, it's the same story, everytime...

I had the exact same experience, as did two of my friends. I stopped doing business with her. She caters to some of the influencers and doesn't care about the average shopper. She is unprofessional, dishonest (I caught her in lies), and her fees are outrageous. You are better off going to Ann's Fabulous Finds! They are cheaper! With Ann's you get to KEEP:
85% on first $3000 (Ann's s only taking 15%!!!)
75% on next $1000
67.5% on amounts over that

Why would anyone consign with Julia?!?! You keep more of your profit with Ann's and they are professional and HONEST! It's a no-brainer. I question anyone still doing business with her. Even after all these threads, all these years, it's the same story, everytime...

I am SO baffled and confused with her payout methods. She uses zelle to send partial payments whenever her limits allow and does in odd increments. Also, she does it at her leisure. Theirs no rhyme or reason as to when or how much she will pay you because she said she has zelle, weekly transfer limits etc. So ODD!

• Wow
Reactions: luckyadanosii
I am SO baffled and confused with her payout methods. She uses zelle to send partial payments whenever her limits allow and does in odd increments. Also, she does it at her leisure. Theirs no rhyme or reason as to when or how much she will pay you because she said she has zelle, weekly transfer limits etc. So ODD!
Not surprised to hear this. Again, she is not professional. And not honest. Most likely if it is odd increments, she is doing this to avoid tax. She is probably also trying to leverage her cash flow. Either way it's not right. It's not professional. Do you know any other business that engages in that kind of practice?! I don't. Once your item is sold, they pay you in full. Again, I can't understand why people STILL do business with her. She doesn't cater or care about the average client. She caters to influencers. And then gets them to write about her and tag her to attract new clients. Unfortunately they fall prey to her shady business practices.

I created an account just to comment here. I sold a $10,000 Chanel through her. The agreement states they pay you 7-14 business days after the sell via PayPal. The 14th day was approaching so I emailed them, and they let me know that their PayPal account is down due to security reasons and Julia herself was traveling abroad and couldn’t help! It’s very unsettling to send someone something so expensive and then their PayPal be shut down. They offered to do a bank transfer, and then repeatedly emailed me for the info. I was reluctant because my agreement says PAYPAL. I gave them the info and mentioned it needs to be a wire transfer to meet the 14 day agreement. They send me a screenshot today of the transfer, and they sent it as a regular bank transfer which takes 3-5 days, meaning they missed the deadline and completely went against the agreement since it states PayPal only and 14 days. I asked why they didn’t send it as a wire as directed, and they said because the fee was expensive. So here I am still waiting for my payment. It’s ridiculous.

Oh yes- she was in Qbeescloset2's live not too long ago and bid $5700 on a vintage jumbo flap and turned around and resold it next week for over 8.5k!
Im sorry for your negative experience. We get many of the same models, and these two bags were in fact different. I could probably retire early if I was this good.

The bag purchased from queen b was $5700 and had a large scratch on the front and corner wear. There was no box or dustbag. I sent it to the spa at leather surgeons for replating and repair, which took 5 weeks ($315 plus ship). I believe I also offered it on the live to the other person who wanted it at the time.

The bag is still available on our website.

The bag we sold for $8500 was pristine — perfectly puffy; virtually no scratches; and full set with box and card and tag (the one on the live had no accessory).

I try to buy on lives when I can because I like to support my colleagues. 95% of the items are for me (mostly shoes as you might see or brands we don’t sell).

Im sorry for your negative experience. We get many of the same models, and these two bags were in fact different. I could probably retire early if I was this good.

The bag purchased from queen b was $5700 and had a large scratch on the front and corner wear. There was no box or dustbag. I sent it to the spa at leather surgeons for replating and repair, which took 5 weeks ($315 plus ship). I believe I also offered it on the live to the other person who wanted it at the time.

The bag is still available on our website.

The bag we sold for $8500 was pristine — perfectly puffy; virtually no scratches; and full set with box and card and tag (the one on the live had no accessory).

I try to buy on lives when I can because I like to support my colleagues. 95% of the items are for me (mostly shoes as you might see or brands we don’t sell).

Hi Julia! I hope you know I was not trying to be rude or nasty in my post. It may have came off as condescending, but I was writing out what I thought to be a fact with 0 malicious intent. You have every right to purchase in lives, like the rest of us. So sorrry if I came off that way, you don’t need to explain yourself! ☺️

Hi, has anyone had issues with not receiving item numbers from Julia Rose for items sent in, but she still posts them on her stories and sells them before sending you the numbers. Her consignment agreement states she’ll send a notification when items are received within two business days. She hasn't been sending those either. These are expensive items and it would be nice if she had a clear line of communication from when items are received to when they’re listed to when they sell with expected pay out. She is not sending a notification when items sell. Does she do this to extend the 14 day payout? Is anyone else seeing this?

I created an account just to comment here. I sold a $10,000 Chanel through her. The agreement states they pay you 7-14 business days after the sell via PayPal. The 14th day was approaching so I emailed them, and they let me know that their PayPal account is down due to security reasons and Julia herself was traveling abroad and couldn’t help! It’s very unsettling to send someone something so expensive and then their PayPal be shut down. They offered to do a bank transfer, and then repeatedly emailed me for the info. I was reluctant because my agreement says PAYPAL. I gave them the info and mentioned it needs to be a wire transfer to meet the 14 day agreement. They send me a screenshot today of the transfer, and they sent it as a regular bank transfer which takes 3-5 days, meaning they missed the deadline and completely went against the agreement since it states PayPal only and 14 days. I asked why they didn’t send it as a wire as directed, and they said because the fee was expensive. So here I am still waiting for my payment. It’s ridiculous.
I’m in the same situation. I sold 25k Birkin through her, and after 14 days she didn’t send me the payment. I emailed her, she’s saying there was a security issue with PayPal, and sent me a partial, like teeny tiny amount, as if I should take it and sit quiet till the rest gets through. And this is after I confirmed that this, paying 20k via PayPal, is not gonna be a problem when consigning with her. Sigh. This is not a business nor professional, this is just regular person who can’t handle cash flow of large figures.

For last, I don’t understand why it always has to be me finding when my item is sold (cuz it’s not on the website anymore), not her contacting me “hey congrats your item got sold!” What is the reasoning behind this? To keep the cash longer? I don’t know…

Reactions: luckyadanosii
Did she give you a weird personal email address and then it links to some name that sounds foreign ?? It’s very shady business
Again, this is Julia and you’ve clearly been scammed by an imposter account. Please stop slandering my business when we would never take payment and not send an item.

We never have nor will invoice from a personal email. All invoices come from Julia Rose and they are all directly from our official website.

We regularly post about shopping safe and smart.

Please email us directly at the emails I’ve provided above so we can forward your information to an ongoing police report.

Again, this is Julia and you’ve clearly been scammed by an imposter account. Please stop slandering my business when we would never take payment and not send an item.

We never have nor will invoice from a personal email. All invoices come from Julia Rose and they are all directly from our official website.

We regularly post about shopping safe and smart.

Please email us directly at the emails I’ve provided above so we can forward your information to an ongoing police report.
you are right. I got scammed. THIS is not the real julia rose account. there is a fake account pretending to be her.