**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I requested a quote on 3/17 and I got a response on the 19! :happydance: I decided to drop off my items at my local Neiman Marcus on the 24th and today they finally got my items. Hopefully they’ll pay soon. They changed the oficial name of one of my bags. I hope that does not affect the original quote.

My item came today and inside was the previous owners original purchase receipt. The receipt has her full three names, and phone number and address and last few digits of credit card info and her client profile number. Maybe FP missed this in their check-over process, so reminder to make sure your bag is clean of all receipts and personal info.! It's useless to me but I'm sure someone out there would be able to do bad things with all her personal info. that was left inside. I go through my bags very carefully before I ship them but one time did have to unbox the shipment when I realized I'd left an item inside the bag.

My item came today and inside was the previous owners original purchase receipt. The receipt has her full three names, and phone number and address and last few digits of credit card info and her client profile number. Maybe FP missed this in their check-over process, so reminder to make sure your bag is clean of all receipts and personal info.! It's useless to me but I'm sure someone out there would be able to do bad things with all her personal info. that was left inside. I go through my bags very carefully before I ship them but one time did have to unbox the shipment when I realized I'd left an item inside the bag.
At one time I sold a wallet with my original receipt to a consigner, I think it was Yoogiscloset but it might have been FP. The receipt was from LV with my name and either my address or email on it. They actually showed the receipt, with my name clearly displayed, in the listing photos. I learned my lesson!

I stand by my opinion and I think @fashionphile is wrong. To hold you to 30 days post purchase for the return when THEY delayed shipping by (at least) 5 days and imply that they'll ship when they get to it is wrong. Not even taking your unavailability into account concerning the return request, between their delay in shipping and USPS/Fedex/UPS delays because of covid, they should be a bit more flexible.

I totally agree with you. I am living in Asia and I purchased an H bag from Fashionphile on April 29 and until today May 5, they haven't ship it yet. Counting from the date of purchase + shipping delay + delivery across continent, I wonder if I want to return the bag I might not be able to have it shipped back to Fashionphile within 30 days. I bought several items from them 2-3 years ago and they had them ship on the next day of purchase. Now they make nervous.....

Reactions: caannie
So happy to see that FP decided to put a receiving center on the east coast (Moonachie, NJ to be exact). Now I don’t have to wait 5+ days for my items to ship from coast to coast and be paid! :happydance:

Have shipments already started being addressed there? I saw that they had a new facility in Moonachie but all my shipping labels recently have still said Carlsbad, so I'm still having to wait. :crybaby:Then again, I'm in Texas, so it might end up being about the same either way. But anything that will speed the process is good news to me!

Have shipments already started being addressed there? I saw that they had a new facility in Moonachie but all my shipping labels recently have still said Carlsbad, so I'm still having to wait. :crybaby:Then again, I'm in Texas, so it might end up being about the same either way. But anything that will speed the process is good news to me!
yes my last two shipments from last week went to NJ, nice surprise! 2 weeks ago, it was still Carlsbad though

Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht
After 224 successful transactions (sales to) Fashionphile over the last 7 years, last week I had my first instance of an item I sent in being ruled "inauthentic." I paid the $75 fee and had the item returned to me. It was a Gucci headband I bought on eBay, and honestly, they are probably right. I thought it was authentic but I had no experience with these headbands so I probably screwed up and bought a fake. My mistake, water under the bridge.

Except today, a watch I shipped to Fashionphile has also been determined "inauthentic." Let's be clear, the watch is genuine. The offer they made to me was far too high for this item, and I have to wonder if they realized that. So not only am I not getting the $4,000 I was offered for this item, I'm out another $75 to "authenticate" it.

I have many other items I could send, but now I have honestly lost faith in Fashionphile. I can't afford to pay random $75 fees every time I send an item in. I had a strong feeling they weren't going to buy this watch, and I was right. But I'm afraid to send them anything else at this point. So I guess my business relationship with Fashionphile is probably over.

The watch will be sent to the company for "servicing" so I can have proof that it's genuine. I can only hope they didn't damage it, take it apart or manhandle it during their "inspection" (which was done in less than 24 hours of them receiving it, even though previous watch sales have taken them 5 or more days to "inspect").

Last edited:
At one time I sold a wallet with my original receipt to a consigner, I think it was Yoogiscloset but it might have been FP. The receipt was from LV with my name and either my address or email on it. They actually showed the receipt, with my name clearly displayed, in the listing photos. I learned my lesson!

The insanity!! Hard to believe how some people have no common sense not to post in the listing photo.
We will have to be extra careful.

After 224 successful transactions (sales to) Fashionphile over the last 7 years, last week I had my first instance of an item I sent in being ruled "inauthentic." I paid the $75 fee and had the item returned to me. It was a Gucci headband I bought on eBay, and honestly, they are probably right. I thought it was authentic but I had no experience with these headbands so I probably screwed up and bought a fake. My mistake, water under the bridge.

Except today, a watch I shipped to Fashionphile has also been determined "inauthentic." Let's be clear, the watch is genuine. The offer they made to me was far too high for this item, and I have to wonder if they realized that. So not only am I not getting the $4,000 I was offered for this item, I'm out another $75 to "authenticate" it.

I have many other items I could send, but now I have honestly lost faith in Fashionphile. I can't afford to pay random $75 fees every time I send an item in. I had a strong feeling they weren't going to buy this watch, and I was right. But I'm afraid to send them anything else at this point. So I guess my business relationship with Fashionphile is probably over.

The watch will be sent to the company for "servicing" so I can have proof that it's genuine. I can only hope they didn't damage it, take it apart or manhandle it during their "inspection" (which was done in less than 24 hours of them receiving it, even though previous watch sales have taken them 5 or more days to "inspect").
Oh @caannie :sad: I'm thinking the headband affected the watch? Since you said it was done so fast. And they could have easily lowered the price of the watch if they quoted too high. Maybe once your account had something not authentic on it everything else was/is flagged on the account for a while and is an automatic no-buy? I would also be quite hesitant to send them something in the short-term, but maybe you can test it again in a month or two. That $75 fee hurts, I didn't even realize we needed to pay for that 'service' if there is an issue. Their evaluators definitely make mistakes (I've seen a fake Chanel or two come down in the years) so it's possible they just didn't do a good job this time or your account is flagged for a short while. :sad: Maybe they'd be willing to answer a few account questions for you if you call.

Yes! I sent in two boxes. One box printed for Carlsbad, one printed for Moonachie. So I decided to reprint the first box and the label was for an addressed in Moonachie. So both boxes went to NJ! I’m on the east coast and the items were received and checked in within 24 hrs!! Excited about this change!

• Love
Reactions: Prettyinpnknwht

Could you show them the servicing invoice to prove it's authentic? They probably just don't want the watch, but you could at least get your $75 back.

Oh @caannie :sad: I'm thinking the headband affected the watch? Since you said it was done so fast. And they could have easily lowered the price of the watch if they quoted too high. Maybe once your account had something not authentic on it everything else was/is flagged on the account for a while and is an automatic no-buy? I would also be quite hesitant to send them something in the short-term, but maybe you can test it again in a month or two. That $75 fee hurts, I didn't even realize we needed to pay for that 'service' if there is an issue. Their evaluators definitely make mistakes (I've seen a fake Chanel or two come down in the years) so it's possible they just didn't do a good job this time or your account is flagged for a short while. :sad: Maybe they'd be willing to answer a few account questions for you if you call.
Could you show them the servicing invoice to prove it's authentic? They probably just don't want the watch, but you could at least get your $75 back.
I called them yesterday. The girl I spoke to read some of the authenticator's notes, which I think she wasn't supposed to because she stopped pretty quickly! From what I understand they felt the engraving on the back wasn't deep enough. Now, this is a used watch that I'm sure has been buffed on the back to remove any deep scuffs or scratches so yeah, the engraving might not be as deep. I asked her if they had opened the case because that's the true way to authenticate a watch, is to look at the mechanism inside, and she said no. I asked for a supervisor review and she said a supervisor automatically reviews all rejections.

I also emailed and requested that they are cautious in sending my watch back in the same condition that they received it in. They may think it's a fake and worthless but I know better and I don't want my watch being damaged in their lousy return procedure. I also asked if I should send it for servicing and they service it and send it back with papers and I provide those papers will I get my $75 back. The supervisor said yes but I have a feeling he's counting on no written proof of authenticity.

Meanwhile, I paid the ridiculous fee two days ago and they still haven't shipped it back. I have another offer elsewhere for it, but I need it returned so I have time to get it looked at and send it out again. I have a feeling they will drag this out over the weekend. They're just really pissing me off.

And yes, I think the headband "flagged" my account. I sent them 7 detailed pictures of this watch including all engravings when I requested a quote. Those pictures are sufficient to authenticate it. I've seen fake versions of this watch before. They are obvious from pictures alone. If they suggested this was a "Frankenwatch," which is an authentic watch with aftermarket parts added to it, then I could believe that is remotely possible (links in the bracelet, maybe?) But an all-out fake? Not a chance.

Last edited:
I used to browse FP on a weekly basis for intelligence, window shopping and if I could snag a good deal on the few designers on my wish list.

I finally found a belt bag that I've been wanting since 2019. As some of the previous posters mentioned, my cc was charged immediately for the sale. It took almost 13 days to receive the bag! I was worried if there was an issue I would have a small time frame to return the bag. Think it must of shipped from Antarctica b/c I never experienced delivery times like this before. I've been a long time seller/buyer with FP before their partnership with NM. I've also purchased a handful of bags/jewelry and never experienced delayed delivery. I get the world is different with Covid and business shutdown, etc. So they should be more "customer oriented" when dealing with returns - within reason of course.

In March I visited their NM storefront to sell a few items. Low-balled on new pink Chanel zip around small wallet and LV mini pochette. We all know gosh-darn-well they would mark-up 3-4x to resell. I declined their offer.

Again, I tend to be a little paranoid.. but I swear they were playing a card shark game with Lady Dior bags, same color, same hardware. When I placed in cart to buy less expensive one, in similar condition... then poof! no longer available. Now I have the more expensive options to buy. Then I visited the site a few days after and saw "what appears" to be the same bags. I was looking at the serial numbers.

In short, FP is starting to get greedy and their return policies should be better. I probably will do business with them again on a few items I want to sell. If they low-ball again, then I'm done with them.

Last edited:
Spoke to Fashionphile again. My watch is not being shipped back until next "Monday or Tuesday." That's 5-6 days after I paid their return fee. And they still won't tell me what made them think it's inauthentic. :sad:

Edited to add: Out of curiosity I checked their completed listings for this exact same model watch. The two I found had very similar serial numbers to mine. Also, both sold recently for $3600. But they offered me $4000 for mine? Someone screwed up that offer, bad. I truly believe they were avoiding honoring the quote.

Last edited: