**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

Has anyone had issues with shipping Fashionphile purchased items to/through Australian customs?

Advice regarding what is required for calfskin bags to enter would also be super helpful. I have emailed Australian Customs but they haven't really been that clear about requirements - just "refer to xyz site".

Last edited:
Has anyone had issues with shipping Fashionphile purchased items to/through Australian customs?

Advice regarding what is required for calfskin bags to enter would also be super helpful. I have emailed Australian Customs but they haven't really been that clear about requirements - just "refer to xyz site".
I think you are the rare case that a buyer volunteer information to the custom before the item going through the boarder, the officers must be surprised too I would imagine they now they may have to deal with this question carefully since they don’t want to bear the responsibility permit you import anything if illegal nor they can let anything illegal going through especially if they had been informed, if the material is illegal, I don’t know Australian law, can’t understand why would calfskin raise any issues though

:sad: My item came today and it REEKS of perfume. It's so bad, and nowhere on the listing did it say the item had a perfume odor. I'm so torn - it's 100% brand new and unused, but the owner must have stored it away for quite a long time in a scented box or in a closet that was heavily perfumed. Thankfully I'm not allergic to perfumes, but I can't decide if the odor will eventually leave or if I should just send it back. I'm not sure how this was missed, it's impossible to not smell it. I wonder if Fashionphile separates smelly bags into a certain section or if they just store anything next to something else. Every time they show the warehouse the bags are just randomly on shelves without protection of any sort.

• Sad
Reactions: caannie
:sad: My item came today and it REEKS of perfume. It's so bad, and nowhere on the listing did it say the item had a perfume odor. I'm so torn - it's 100% brand new and unused, but the owner must have stored it away for quite a long time in a scented box or in a closet that was heavily perfumed. Thankfully I'm not allergic to perfumes, but I can't decide if the odor will eventually leave or if I should just send it back. I'm not sure how this was missed, it's impossible to not smell it. I wonder if Fashionphile separates smelly bags into a certain section or if they just store anything next to something else. Every time they show the warehouse the bags are just randomly on shelves without protection of any sort.
I'm sorry your bag reeks. If you prefer to keep it, there are these silica gel packets you can buy on Amazon to put in the bags and close it up and over time they will absorb the smell. Or at least they're supposed to. I used some on a bag with a storage odor and it worked.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Not sure if this is the case, but I have noticed many new luxury bags have a strong perfume-like scent at first. Three of my bags have had the same perfume-like scent (different brands) when first purchased (from different retailers). I think fragrance is added during the tanning process to mask any unpleasant odors. For me, the smell has faded over time. If you would like to help that process along, I have used bamboo bags filled with activated charcoal with some success. Here is an example:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and ccbaggirl89
Today makes 7 days my watch has been in Fashionphile's hot little hands and 6 days since I paid their return fee (or in Fashionphile-speak, "4 business days." ) We've gone from the SAME rep telling me the time it takes for them to print a label and DROP THE SHIPMENT AT UPS is 3 business days to telling me it's 5-7 business days... To return my property, that I paid a return fee for. Straight up, this is horseshit. They are enjoying messing with me.

When I told the rep (sadly, not hostilely) that I'm worried I will not get my watch back, he actually told me there was no reason to get upset because it would ship soon. I feel so much better. ☹ Great way to run a business. Zero confidence.
UPS is at their back door daily, I'm sure they aren't driving anyplace to drop return packages lol, total lie. They should, at minimum, have provided you with a tracking number.

Maybe they have someone to take a look the item again maybe they will reverse their decision?
I wish. But when I call I'm told it's on a "return cart." And the guy I've been speaking to (same guy, sadly) said it's not like they can just go back to returns and start tearing through everything to find my package specifically and send it back to me. I get this. But your return window (not for delivery but just for getting the item shipped) shouldn't be 7 business days.

I wish. But when I call I'm told it's on a "return cart." And the guy I've been speaking to (same guy, sadly) said it's not like they can just go back to returns and start tearing through everything to find my package specifically and send it back to me. I get this. But your return window (not for delivery but just for getting the item shipped) shouldn't be 7 business days.
agree, it's annoying and stressful enough to any seller have to deal with returns, they should ship it back to you ASAP! 3 days max in my opinion

Sorry that your 100% brand new & unused bag "reeks" of perfume. Since you have a short window
to return this bag, you may want to consider the return. Strong scents can take a long time to
remove.. There are suggestions from coffee grinds, dryer sheets & other options, but they
need time to "work"

Sorry that your 100% brand new & unused bag "reeks" of perfume. Since you have a short window
to return this bag, you may want to consider the return. Strong scents can take a long time to
remove.. There are suggestions from coffee grinds, dryer sheets & other options, but they
need time to "work"
Thank you so much for the suggestion(s).:smile: They'll be helpful for the future and for others, too. I did send it back today :sad: I let it sit in an open-air space for 1 week after receipt and the smell didn't lessen at all. I was not confident the smell would leave in fewer than several months so I let it go back with a note that the odor should have been disclosed. It was extremely strong and concentrated on the exterior only, since the interior was unused. The bag was new but had been stored since purchase, which is not the best use of a bag!