**Buying from Fashionphile** shopping experiences/questions

I was watching an item the past few weeks - it had no discount yet but was available for layaway ($5895). It sold today but must have been cancelled because it came back on later at $5295, with no layaway. I always see them increase the price or keep it the same, but I'm puzzled why this one came back so much lower. There are about 11 of the same bag and color listed on the site, so maybe the fact that they are not selling forces a price adjustment downward for the next one up? Has anyone seen an item come back on lower?
So far I have only saw items back as the same price as when it was initially listed.

was it possible it was a much older listing that was listed at $5295 sold then buyer sold back and they listed as $5895 when someone bought and cancelled it automatically put back on as the initial price of $5295?

This year their Chanel prices have been much higher than last year’s, but not just them all second hand market Chanel prices are going much higher

Last edited:
I was watching an item the past few weeks - it had no discount yet but was available for layaway ($5895). It sold today but must have been cancelled because it came back on later at $5295, with no layaway. I always see them increase the price or keep it the same, but I'm puzzled why this one came back so much lower. There are about 11 of the same bag and color listed on the site, so maybe the fact that they are not selling forces a price adjustment downward for the next one up? Has anyone seen an item come back on lower?
Is it possibly an item on consignment? I still get a few consignment offers from them and in that case I can ask them to lower the price by calling in. At that price point, I would guess not, though.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Just FYI - I purchased a WOC from them at a premium (ribbon tweed,) on 2/7. By five days post purchase wo an update I called to inquire about shipping and was told that they were delayed on orders and ground was basically shipping whenever they get to it. I was going to be out of town for work reasons and I was hoping I’d be there to receive the bag. It didn’t ship until 2/15, arrived after I left on 2/19. I didn’t see the bag until the first week of March. I’m nervous about the tweed being delicate, packaged it up, and went to send it off for a return to find out that I missed the 30 days - post purchase, not delivery date, by 3 days. That was my mistake but since it was 3 days, and they were so delayed in shipping, I asked for an exception stating that the item was boxed and could be sent IMMEDIATELY that day back to them. The manager declined it.

I have a good buying AND selling sales record with them. Their claims of 30 day generosity on purchase is really only assuming they follow their end of their own policies. A year into covid their websites still state 3-5 days for shipping, 1-2 days for a quote response, and 48 hours for email - I have YET to have any of those timeframes work minus two virtual appointments. But emails, days. Online quotes? 7-10 business days. Shipping? Took 6 business days/8 calendar days. I find it appalling that we are expected to continue to offer them grace periods in their stated policies but would not extend what amounted to a 51 hour delay to send an item back for a refund.

I will take my business elsewhere. I suggest you take very careful reads of their policies and assume if they send you something late, and you aren’t there to catch it when it arrives you very well may end up in a final sale.

They offered me a buy back for the item, naturally, with credit to recoup “some” of my funds. I nearly laughed as I hung up the phone. No thanks.
I wonder if whoever you spoke to erred. That's ridiculous to start the return policy of the date of sale (Feb. 7) when it was Fashionphile who didn't ship for over a week (Feb. 15). IMO, the 30 days should start on the date of delivery. Especially during Covid when all shipping services have slowed coupled with their own delay, @fashionphile should be more flexible and understanding.

If they have a 30 day return policy that begins on the date of sale, they need to ship on that date or the next!

What's to keep them for holding items and delay shipping for 3 weeks after the sale so then they never have to take a return?!

Have you actually escalated and worked your way up the food chain?

I wonder if whoever you spoke to erred. That's ridiculous to start the return policy of the date of sale (Feb. 7) when it was Fashionphile who didn't ship for over a week (Feb. 15). IMO, the 30 days should start on the date of delivery. Especially during Covid when all shipping services have slowed coupled with their own delay, @fashionphile should be more flexible and understanding.

If they have a 30 day return policy that begins on the date of sale, they need to ship on that date or the next!

What's to keep them for holding items and delay shipping for 3 weeks after the sale so then they never have to take a return?!

I was curious so I checked their policy. The item must be returned (post marked) 30 days from the sale date.

RETURN POLICY

We will gladly accept eligible returns within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. Please see our full return policy details below.

RETURN ELIGIBILITY
  • Item(s) must be postmarked within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If the return does not meet that requirement, the item will not be eligible for a refund. The item will be considered for our Refresh Program (if eligible).

• Angry
Reactions: BeenBurned
Yes the date from purchase was my mistake - I had a fair reason why I requested an exception that was personal but I did share. I was essentially delayed by less than 48 hours past their return policy when I called. The item was boxed and ready to ship back immediately. They have yet to respond to my escalated email and phone. So they have no interest in reevaluating. I’m just letting people know - they want you, as the customer, to give them all the maximum leeway on their policies that go beyond their normal and even COVID extensions, to the detriment of your return policy. You have to give them all the flexibility, they will give you NONE.

Case in point, I wanted an answer or a review to this, and emailed. And twelve days later - not a single response.

I also sent a message here to @fashionphile on 3/12 but did not get any response. I’m really disheartened. It didn’t used to be like this. And I had an item with them currently for sale - and have purchased and sold many items with them. Never once abused a return policy or anything. I was patient with the delays in shipping. It’s very sad to me.

Did you happen to hear from them how long it is taking for payouts? I finally got my quotes and have shipped out the bags. UPS said it was delivered this morning so I'm figuring another week till I get paid?
In my experience it takes no more than a couple of days. Earlier this month I was seeing payments in my bank account 2 days after my items arrived, although at the moment it's closer to 3. Still not too bad though.

Reactions: caannie
Yes the date from purchase was my mistake - I had a fair reason why I requested an exception that was personal but I did share. I was essentially delayed by less than 48 hours past their return policy when I called. The item was boxed and ready to ship back immediately. They have yet to respond to my escalated email and phone. So they have no interest in reevaluating. I’m just letting people know - they want you, as the customer, to give them all the maximum leeway on their policies that go beyond their normal and even COVID extensions, to the detriment of your return policy. You have to give them all the flexibility, they will give you NONE.

Case in point, I wanted an answer or a review to this, and emailed. And twelve days later - not a single response.
Hmmm, I was about to buy something from them that probably would have arrived while I was away. I remembered your issue here with them so I didn't buy it. They lost a sale because of their return inflexible return policy. Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: umichmm and caannie
By five days post purchase wo an update I called to inquire about shipping and was told that they were delayed on orders and ground was basically shipping whenever they get to it.

I stand by my opinion and I think @fashionphile is wrong. To hold you to 30 days post purchase for the return when THEY delayed shipping by (at least) 5 days and imply that they'll ship when they get to it is wrong. Not even taking your unavailability into account concerning the return request, between their delay in shipping and USPS/Fedex/UPS delays because of covid, they should be a bit more flexible.

My order just shipped and it's coming from New Jersey. I wonder where it's coming from?? I would say that every single purchase I've made for the last 5 or 6 years has ALWAYS come from someplace in California. Anyone know what is in NJ and where this bag might have been? It's not a current store stock or new with tags bag (it's 2 yrs old) so now I'm wondering if they have a store in NJ? Or it was turned in by someone in NJ and never sent to California?

Reactions: lovieluvslux
I just found this article that says Fashionphile now has a warehouse in New Jersey. I also bought a bag that shipped from NJ.

I stand by my opinion and I think @fashionphile is wrong. To hold you to 30 days post purchase for the return when THEY delayed shipping by (at least) 5 days and imply that they'll ship when they get to it is wrong. Not even taking your unavailability into account concerning the return request, between their delay in shipping and USPS/Fedex/UPS delays because of covid, they should be a bit more flexible.
I totally agree with you and have always assumed that their return time BEGAN on the day of delivery which is the only timeline that makes sense! I just went and looked at their policy and wow....it begins on the day of purchase.
If they want to make their return time less than 30 days then make it 14 days but it should always begin on the day of delivery as the shipping time can vary so very much these days. The last purchase I made .....looked it up!.....was 14 days receipt from the DAY of purchase. I guess this tells me NOT to purchase anything late on a Friday night because I am already looking at losing 3 days right there for my return. No sense at all.

I submitted quotes in Feb and early March, and they took at least 5-6 days. It seems things are speeding up though - I just submitted 2 more items on Tuesday and I got a response Wednesday evening.

One LV, one Bal - the LV is what I was expecting, the Bal was less than I was expecting...I got quoted about 50% of what the same style and color in similar condition has been selling for (not listed for, ones that have sold for) on their site. I know Bal has terrible resale value, but my LV and Chanel quotes consistently hover around 70% of what they sell the item for.