News on date codes!

My NeoNoe BB By the Pool just arrived today from LV website, and it doesn't have a datecode anywhere in it, either. Very disappointed! Thinking of returning it b/c when I want to sell it, how can I ensure to buyer that it's not a fake.
Since this is a new drop, you can be sure that all By the Pool Neo Noés are like that. And by the time you sell it, second-hand buyers will be used to not having a physical code.
And again: a date code does provide literally 0 level of authenticity. Don't worry about it, just enjoy the bag.

Th

Thanks! Do I have to take my new bag and receipt back to LV for them to scan it and tell me the code?
They wouldn't need your receipt. I imagine the code is noted in your purchase profile and while you can't tell who bought what from scanning the chip I'm sure scanning the chip will allow them to pull up the code then crosscheck it in the client system.

What this will mean is an end to getting your preloved items repaired in store. Which is fair. Service should be reserved for customers who purchase directly.

Hi all

I have just received my new Noe bb bag. I looked on the side straps and no date code whay so ever. Got in a panic that they forgot it and have a defective bag. Called LV and they say that I have the new microchip bag. Glad i saw this thread was going to return it.

Reactions: lemondln and BULL
As I understand only LV stores will have the scanners. Again, it is said that date codes from the past donot equal a authentic bag. Instpection by LV and receipt of purchase from a store is verification. Not all stores are aware of this, as of last week. I was on the phones with a store and they were not aware.
My daughter was in a store in the south And they were unaware. I just received a OnTheGo And it’s date code is the 6th week of 21. Makes me curious about FP buying up bags and high prices.

I have heard the scan will not reveal date code, or where made. It does tract origin of materials .It’s only to confirm it’s a true LV bag. Please correct if one has different info. All info at this point is questionable.

Just received my Neverfull Empreinte, which I ordered online, today and almost freaked out, because I couldn’t find a datecode, neither in the bag nor in the pochette. There’s only a label “made in Spain”.
I called client services and was told that most new bags and slg’s, bought after March 1st, do not have a datecode anymore but a micro chip.
I really don’t feel comfortable about it, because of what it means should I want to resell the bag. I was told that the bag could be authenticated at the LV Boutique and that my receipt should be carefully kept as this was proof that I bought the bag at LV.
Glad I found this thread, as I was about to return my bag to LV because of the missing datecode.
So mixed feelings about it.
What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Mamochka6
They wouldn't need your receipt. I imagine the code is noted in your purchase profile and while you can't tell who bought what from scanning the chip I'm sure scanning the chip will allow them to pull up the code then crosscheck it in the client system.

What this will mean is an end to getting your preloved items repaired in store. Which is fair. Service should be reserved for customers who purchase directly.
But one could still pay for a repair or not? I had a Suhali bag I purchased second hand and wanted to replace the front pieces, which I did and paid for it. Do you think that would change?

I had heard this too....So long counterfeiters !! It will be much easier to I.D. authentic items after this new measure, but of course, with the use of newer technology, comes more cost, so I won't be surprised if future prices reach stratosphere levels. :-s
Just received my Neonoe. No date code. I freaked and contacted LV concierge service and was told about the switch to microchips on 3/1/21. I'm kind of bummed about the code but happy to know it's now normal not to have one. And I LOVE my bag!❤

Reactions: Bumbles
I have heard the scan will not reveal date code, or where made. It does tract origin of materials .It’s only to confirm it’s a true LV bag. Please correct if one has different info. All info at this point is questionable.
I actually purchased a neonoe a couple weeks ago and when he scanned it, it said where it was manufactured and the exact date. In my case it was USA 3/10/21. I had him scan it so I could write the information down for my own record.

Reactions: realornothing
Has anyone been actually able to locate a chip inside an slg or bag?
RFID tags made for wearables are super tiny. They are already millimeter-by-millimeter in size while having a thickness of the thinnest films. So I guess that they cannot be felt under the leather/fabric. Don't imagine a literal big chip on a motherboard, they are more like a speck of dust really. And since the phone can "feel" them from a short distance, they won't reveal their exact location. Maybe just that is it in the right side of a bag, or somewhere in the pocket, something like that.