News on date codes!

Chellwebb

Oct 21, 2014
It’s true there’s no date code ???
Like what the .....
Anyway I bought it myself Jan 2017 Hawaii so it’s authentic.
Only realised because I went to sell.
What on earth do I do now?
Hot stamped my initials and I have receipt ( well actually I emailed them and asked to resend as I couldn’t find original and that now says REPRINT IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE TOP)
How on can I possibly sell it now?

It’s true there’s no date code ???
Like what the .....
Anyway I bought it myself Jan 2017 Hawaii so it’s authentic.
Only realised because I went to sell.
What on earth do I do now?
Hot stamped my initials and I have receipt ( well actually I emailed them and asked to resend as I couldn’t find original and that now says REPRINT IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE TOP)
How on can I possibly sell it now?
I’m pretty certain you will end up finding the date code well-hidden somewhere in the bag. In any case, the date code is not a proof of authenticity. It’s a number that’s not even meant for clients to see.

As for the receipt with “REPRINT”, it makes it more likely that your receipt is, in fact, authentic. Counterfeit receipts are certainly not going to say that.

Good luck with your sale!

Reactions: Aars24
Thank you - it was honestly a shock
But I have another pm in DE and 5 other Neverfulls in mm and looking at them it's definitely not there.
I must be the one in 1 million
Photo of right side of corner flap.... Sigh

Attachments

• 72ACEC4F-18D8-485F-817C-9459FC590866.jpeg
    72ACEC4F-18D8-485F-817C-9459FC590866.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 457
Thank you - it was honestly a shock
But I have another pm in DE and 5 other Neverfulls in mm and looking at them it's definitely not there.
I must be the one in 1 million
Photo of right side of corner flap.... Sigh
its not right at the corner. you have to lift the whole pouch up and kind of dig in to a point where you think that you are hurting the bag. date code is on the lining i believe on right side (but not edge of). i don't know why they do that but they do keep it pretty hidden. its hard to see without some grease work. good luck.

its not right at the corner. you have to lift the whole pouch up and kind of dig in to a point where you think that you are hurting the bag. date code is on the lining i believe on right side (but not edge of). i don't know why they do that but they do keep it pretty hidden. its hard to see without some grease work. good luck.

Thank you. But it is the right corner. I have another pm and 5 mm's and they are all in that exact spot

I've sent the bag of yesterday to an Authenticator for a physical review and certificate.

Ha ha yes I did and I even turned the pocket inside out.
in that case, the best bet is sell the bag with a copy of the receipt and don't mention the date code. if anyone asks about date code, delete that listing then relist it till some newbie bought it, ha ha. Price is everything, as long as you marked price right it sells. plus its a neverfull, nf always sells.

in that case, the best bet is sell the bag with a copy of the receipt and don't mention the date code. if anyone asks about date code, delete that listing then relist it till some newbie bought it, ha ha. Price is everything, as long as you marked price right it sells. plus its a neverfull, nf always sells.

Ha ha!!
No I’m sure it’s fine. A physical inspection will get me the authentication certificate and then I will be good to go.

Hi ladies i just got my neverfull pm yesterday oder it online and pick it up in the store, but the bag itself dont have the date code instead its in the small pouch, is it normal that date code is in the smLl pouch.? Thanks

hi dis you manage to find it?
mine also could not find in the bag only in the small pouch

Hi ladies i just got my neverfull pm yesterday oder it online and pick it up in the store, but the bag itself dont have the date code instead its in the small pouch, is it normal that date code is in the smLl pouch.? Thanks

Wow this is huge news, guys! LV is moving to embed tech in their bags/SLGs over traditional heat-stamped date codes. I wonder if they’ll release an App where we can scan our LV goodies after this move?

Honestly, I always enjoyed looking at date codes from pieces that hold sentimental value (purchased during momentous events in my life). I’m all about countering the illegal replica market but will miss this feature.

What are your thoughts?

908FD72D-94E9-45EB-BC90-E3243E270602.jpeg381DFFAE-C5E9-4468-A081-8EB55972583E.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow this is huge news, guys! LV is moving to embed tech in their bags/SLGs over traditional heat-stamped date codes. I wonder if they’ll release an App where we can scan our LV goodies after this move?

Honestly, I always enjoyed looking at date codes from pieces that hold sentimental value (purchased during momentous events in my life). I’m all about countering the illegal replica market but will miss this feature.

What are your thoughts?

View attachment 4974171
I had heard this too....So long counterfeiters !! It will be much easier to I.D. authentic items after this new measure, but of course, with the use of newer technology, comes more cost, so I won't be surprised if future prices reach stratosphere levels. :-s