Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I've been selling quite a bit of stuff (most consignment, some eBay) and it feels good! What has surprised me, is that there are DEFINITELY buyers are out there; they KNOW it's a buyer's market right now .. so if you have something that's been sitting in your closet but you don't use and don't really "love" anymore, think about selling it! However, be prepared .. unfortunately, things are selling for a lot less, so it's very unlikely that you will get close to retail and especially over retail. But, as I always say, if it's not being used and not as 'loved', it's money in the (that should be) in the Bank!

I went through my closet and sorted out so much stuff, many items still with tags on (not proud of that). It's not super expensive designer stuff, more of a middle ground, and I'm thinking about listing it for super cheap because if I make 10 bucks from 50 items it's still 500 bucks I wouldn't have otherwise.

I went through my closet and sorted out so much stuff, many items still with tags on (not proud of that). It's not super expensive designer stuff, more of a middle ground, and I'm thinking about listing it for super cheap because if I make 10 bucks from 50 items it's still 500 bucks I wouldn't have otherwise.
Thankfully, I'm not one of those that purchase something and then never wear it (must be the Connecticut Yankee in me - HA)!! But, I am the type to buy "multiples" of things that I like, and anyone in here whoever visits the Balenciaga Forums/Threads will see my closet FILLED with my Balenciaga bags (from the beginning '01 - 3/3 to some in 2012/2013). I stopped buying them because I simply do not like Agneau leather, but even some of those are going to be on the chopping block (not the early ones, the one-of-a-kinds and/or very rare that I simply have not used). I have found this to be rather cathartic in many respects; god knows .. when we (me I should say) finally retire, I sure as heck don't need that many bags .. and if (in fact) we do end up in Italy, I am NOT going to be carting all those things overseas!

Thankfully, I'm not one of those that purchase something and then never wear it (must be the Connecticut Yankee in me - HA)!! But, I am the type to buy "multiples" of things that I like, and anyone in here whoever visits the Balenciaga Forums/Threads will see my closet FILLED with my Balenciaga bags (from the beginning '01 - 3/3 to some in 2012/2013). I stopped buying them because I simply do not like Agneau leather, but even some of those are going to be on the chopping block (not the early ones, the one-of-a-kinds and/or very rare that I simply have not used). I have found this to be rather cathartic in many respects; god knows .. when we (me I should say) finally retire, I sure as heck don't need that many bags .. and if (in fact) we do end up in Italy, I am NOT going to be carting all those things overseas!

Yeah I want to get rid of stuff that weights me down, and I only want to fill my closet (or house, or life) with good quality items I absolutely love and will use frequently.

*edit-somehow I messed up my reply... bah!

I love my Barbour and Belstaff waxed coats. Nordstrom Rack and TJ Max get them in pretty regularly in the fall now So I’ve been able to get them pretty reasonably priced (around 120$ for my Barbours) . Just sucks with the pandemic I don’t want them to get Covid on them. I’ve been wearing coats I can wash or put sanitizer on. :sad:

While we are on the subject of PC being so thrifty as to own only two (bespoke) coats ...

Is there no one in journalism who notices tailoring details ? Where are the editors when you need them ??

The photos show a herringbone coat plus at least two camel hair coats, one with velvet collar and peak lapels, the other with camel hair collar and more modest lapels , the coats look alike - the man likes camel hair

Last edited:
Note to the Grifters: So much for being "woke." Seems more like people "woke up" to the fact you are a couple of fatuous twits with little to offer.

In today's Daily Mail:

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'aren't selling when on the cover of magazines, despite beautiful pictures' amid popularity plummet, Majesty editor-in-chief claims
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'aren't selling when on the cover of magazines'
  • Majesty editor-in-chief Ingrid Seward remarked on Royally Obsessed podcast
  • The royal biographer said it came amid the couple's popularity plummeting

It's called over-saturation. Why would anyone buy a magazine with them on the cover when there are countless DAILY news items about them in addition to all the interviews, etc.? How much more can people take???

Interestingly I saw that TJ Maxx's online store was selling Lady Colin Campbell's book about them... Unfortunately you can't search for it but if you look in the books section you'll find it. I thought it had just come out too...

It's called over-saturation. Why would anyone buy a magazine with them on the cover when there are countless DAILY news items about them in addition to all the interviews, etc.? How much more can people take???

Interestingly I saw that TJ Maxx's online store was selling Lady Colin Campbell's book about them... Unfortunately you can't search for it but if you look in the books section you'll find it. I thought it had just come out too...
It's undoubtedly over-saturation, but I think it's also a way that people found to express their dislike of MM&H. I have no intention of buying any magazine with this (un)woke couple on the cover.

Note to the Grifters: So much for being "woke." Seems more like people "woke up" to the fact you are a couple of fatuous twits with little to offer.

In today's Daily Mail:

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'aren't selling when on the cover of magazines, despite beautiful pictures' amid popularity plummet, Majesty editor-in-chief claims
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'aren't selling when on the cover of magazines'
  • Majesty editor-in-chief Ingrid Seward remarked on Royally Obsessed podcast
  • The royal biographer said it came amid the couple's popularity plummeting
UK's perception: ‘Yet he still seems to be living off his name, that's the reason that all these things have come to them. ‘He wants to take advantage of all that but not put in the hard work on the other side.

US's perception: Co-host Roberta Fiorito offered an American insight, adding: I feel like their popularity here skyrocketed.

Are American journalists that delusional/tone-deaf? Here are some reviews from people in US::wtf:

1604709791652.png
1604709480039.png
tone-deaf

UK's perception: ‘Yet he still seems to be living off his name, that's the reason that all these things have come to them. ‘He wants to take advantage of all that but not put in the hard work on the other side. I think that is the perception, though I think it's very different in the US.’

US's perception: Co-host Roberta Fiorito offered an American insight, adding: I feel like their popularity here skyrocketed.

Are American journalists that delusional/tone-deaf? Here are some reviews from people in US::wtf:

View attachment 4899633
View attachment 4899629
tone-deaf

Is it really their popularity skyrocketed or is it just... non-stop PR? I swear they have had their machine on overdrive since coming here.

Is it really their popularity skyrocketed or is it just... non-stop PR? I swear they have had their machine on overdrive since coming here.
Yes, the saturation felt numbing at times.
I think maybe they were a novelty for awhile, and maybe a diversion for some weary of all the political drama in the news, but not so much anymore. If PR people think # of stories equates to popularity they underestimate us. After a few with no substance, they’re ignored.