Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

For most of us Americans, we detest the idea of royalty and, in particular, the BRF. Sure, fun to read about and snark about, but, kindly keep them on your shores. For some unknown reason, the myth that we love the UK monarchy has sprung up, perhaps due to Diana. Admittedly, we did indeed like her. We do not want to be subjects of the Crown - horribile dictu!

Now, we have PCharles lecturing, too???? It’s too much, UK, too much.

Well said, @papertiger
If I was a US citizen though, I would be incensed H&M are given media time/space to spout crap at regular (make that near-constant) as though their GB-given status counted there more than any other average American.
:clap:

I vote for their removal and set them up on Tristan de Cunha ..

Tristan da Cunha colloquially Tristan, is a remote group of volcanic islands in the south Atlantic Ocean. It is the most remote inhabited archipelago in the world, ...

They are British royalty. They need to stay in one of the BRF palaces and leave the rest of us alone. Enough with them and their 16 bathrooms.

I like to think not. They are not here for diplomatic work. If they try to shunt it to the CA gov I will really blow smoke out of my ears.
The Canadian government has already denied them funding because they are not part of the diplomatic corps. Besides, according to the polls, the PM (whether red or blue) that even suggests paying for their security would lose in the following election.

They are British royalty. They need to stay in one of the BRF palaces and leave the rest of us alone. Enough with them and their 16 bathrooms.
MM isn't a British citizen. She went through the motion, but abandoned it immediately after acquiring the title through marriage. I'm hoping the UK government finds a loophole, that states only UK citizens can use titles.

MM isn't a British citizen. She went through the motion, but abandoned it immediately after acquiring the title through marriage. I'm hoping the UK government finds a loophole, that states only UK citizens can use titles.
She can 'title' all she wants, bottom line .. IT IS NOT RECOGNIZED in the US, we fought a war for that!

musings ...
feeling bad I almost ever contribute here to the consumerism threads anymore - not buying stuff in 2021
But I have noticed something REALLY GOOD ...
If we are NOT talking about everyone's bag purchases, we are sooooooooo much more well behaved ....
Thanks to all on this thread , in the days of COVID, I appreciate your good humour, wit - you guys make me laugh !!! Thanks

Last edited:
Remind the press here in the US about that, please please!!! They are a big reason why I joined this thread, those daily articles were making me :sick:

Most of the press here were all "hooray for Meghan and Harry" when they walked away from the royal family because they were convinced they left because of racism from the British media. They are using the titles for her because they don't want to be accused of being disrespectful or racist towards her themselves. I'm sure the thinking is it's better to show extra deference than to be called out for not being formal enough.

PCharles is at the heart of H&M’s efforts. His “Great Reset” speech at Davos uses similar language. Through H&M, he is pushing his agenda on the US. He chose the wrong messengers which will ‘pollute’ his message.

Here’s the transcript from his January chat - note the similarities of the language:
First of all: shifting our default setting to “sustainable”.
Second: outlining responsible transition pathways to decarbonise and move to net zero.
Third: reimagining industries through the lens of sustainable markets.
With 2020 being seen as the “super year”, kick-starting a decade of action for people and planet,

default setting
sustainable
pathways
transition
reimagining
lens
markets
2020 is a super year????? Wow.

ETA: we need some bingo cards
:popcorn: :drinkup:

• Wow
Reactions: Marlee and Chanbal
Most of the press here were all "hooray for Meghan and Harry" when they walked away from the royal family because they were convinced they left because of racism from the British media. They are using the titles for her because they don't want to be accused of being disrespectful or racist towards her themselves. I'm sure the thinking is it's better to show extra deference than to be called out for not being formal enough.
Many people are so afraid of being called racists that can't act normal anymore. I am all in favor of zero tolerance for racism (or any other type of discrimination), but this fear of being called racist only favors people like MM imo.

I don't think so
I doubt the governor even knows who she is.....well, maybe Harry but anyway I don't think any of our senior government officials is that dumb
I hope you are right. They don't feel embarrassed to ask for whatever perks they want. They feel entitled, all that money spent on that Africa tour, private jets... I still have the video of Harry, asking for a role for MM in a Disney movie, very fresh in my memory. He didn't care if there were other actresses better qualified for the role or really needed the job.

Last edited:
I change my mind every day :biggrin:

Not ideal, but I like a bit of pomp and circumstance occasionally. Plus, the thought of the horror that could replace it often sounds worse.

If I was a US citizen though, I would be incensed H&M are given media time/space to spout crap at regular (make that near-constant) as though their GB-given status counted there more than any other average American.
papertiger, count me among the citizens who are. And, on the issue of voting, she's an American citizen, mailed in her ballot like millions of others, as I did, and my vote carried just as much weight as hers. YAWN