Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Yes, the saturation felt numbing at times.
I think maybe they were a novelty for awhile, and maybe a diversion for some weary of all the political drama in the news, but not so much anymore. If PR people think # of stories equates to popularity they underestimate us. After a few with no substance, they’re ignored.

ITA, I actually liked both of them much more when I hardly heard about them. Now I know wayyyyyyy more than I want or need to know. Do we really need to know she voted? I mean come on.

US's perception: Co-host Roberta Fiorito offered an American insight, adding: I feel like their popularity here skyrocketed.

Are American journalists that delusional/tone-deaf? Here are some reviews from people in US::wtf:

It is extremely generous of you to refer to this young woman as a journalist. Her official job is a “branded content editor” which as I understand it means she comes up with web content to try to make something popular (apparently in this case H&M?). She also cohosts a podcast about the Royals, but of course anyone and their brother can host a podcast so that isn’t exactly top credentials.

Heard comments about MM and Harry arguing on a restaurant, so I search the net and here is what I found:

Megan and Harry had a loud scandal at a restaurant near their new home in Santa Barbara. With emotions, Prince Harry got up from the table and left, and his wife stayed at the restaurant and sipped wine without being upset about the absence of her husband.

Wow, is this true?

Heard comments about MM and Harry arguing on a restaurant, so I search the net and here is what I found:

Megan and Harry had a loud scandal at a restaurant near their new home in Santa Barbara. With emotions, Prince Harry got up from the table and left, and his wife stayed at the restaurant and sipped wine without being upset about the absence of her husband.

Wow, is this true?

Hmm. While I expect they probably argue at times like any married couple, this article is really sketchy. I’ve never heard of the publication before and they misspelled Meghan‘s name throughout. I’m thinking it’s probably bunk.

Wow, is this true?

Supposedly, Harry left the table in a huff. There is a blurry photo that shows H scowling and MM smirking. The photographer is in the bushes. To me, it looked like H was mad at being photographed. After that, they sent out almost daily smiling, happy, happy zoom vids. Searching for the photo now...

Supposedly, Harry left the table in a huff. There is a blurry photo that shows H scowling and MM smirking. The photographer is in the bushes. To me, it looked like H was mad at being photographed. After that, they sent out almost daily smiling, happy, happy zoom vids. Searching for the photo now...
If he didn’t like paparazzi taking his picture he could have moved almost anywhere else in the world that wouldn’t have constant paparazzi. Since he walked away in a huff I prefer to think it was because the restaurant dared to serve him bread that wasn’t warm and he went off to complain to management. :lol:

Harry shouldn't be mad at being photographed. If he wanted a private life, shouldn't have hired a PR-team to put him and MM daily on the news.

I found more news about that event, but not sure how reliable those sites/links are (Ex: https://www.ccn.com/prince-harry-surplus-social-climber-meghan-markle/).

:popcorn:

Harry shouldn't be mad at being photographed. If he wanted a private life, shouldn't have hired a PR-team to put him and MM daily on the news.

I found more news about that event, but not sure how reliable those sites/links are (Ex: https://www.ccn.com/prince-harry-surplus-social-climber-meghan-markle/).

they made a decision that it would be easier to just be photographed and make speeches in the US than to do the royal duties....now they want to have their cake and eat it

Although I make no effort to remember the details of each H&M kerfuffle, IIRC, it was another diner who snapped a photo with her phone (not really a pap). I have scoured the internet with all kinds of search phrases, but can’t find the photo. Maybe they sued the diner ???

Agree, if they want any level of privacy, stay home. After all we’ve seen, heard and been through, I strongly believe the privacy excuse is complete BS. We all know that anywhere we go, we are photographed. Isn’t that what these cell phones are for? Maybe these super billionaire tech gods will figure out The Camera Solution during The Great Reset. Haaaa.

ITA, I actually liked both of them much more when I hardly heard about them. Now I know wayyyyyyy more than I want or need to know. Do we really need to know she voted? I mean come on.

lalame, think that the repercussions of H&M's tacky efforts to win over the US consumer are being felt by their handlers.
Let's face it, guys, we can thank PC & the BRF for the continued Grifters-R-Us messaging of THEMSELVES and their a@@ociated brand being stuffed down our throats until we hurl.

It's striking to me, ie H&M's visible posturing w/the US consumer even to the point of influencing the election via virtual media, when most celebs stepped aside, esp. since H&M had automatically by his birthright been given a free pass in the UK with their press & loving public.
Why? Still trying to wrap my head around their urgency to leave the BRF, surely the best place to be when hit with a pandemic and a possible dawning of global war?

Think that Occam's razor is the most viable answer: H&M are truly the most stupid "ROYAL" couple in history, and like, even I would not want to trade places with them right now.

Johnny Lydon of the Sex Pistols said it best. The answer to their need for privacy was for them to get a council flat. lol!

From the Daily Mail

Sex Pistols' John Lydon tells Harry and Meghan 'get a council flat and job' in major swipe. ... In an abstract from his new book I Could Be Wrong, I Could Be Right, obtained by the Mail Online, the musician went on to say he doesn't believe Meghan is the “right person for anyone”.

I don’t get it at all,” John revealed.

“If they don’t want to be part of that [royal] institution, then why don’t they completely give up their titles and get a council flat and a job?