2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Well, I could give it to my eldest daughter as an office bag and she would most likely like it and adore the fact it´s Dior... BUT there are two more kids and at least one of them would certainly be offended...
I like the bag and big bags are coming back. Perhaps since it was a great price, warehouse it until a suitable birthday for eldest DD? There’s also plenty of time to find other nice things for your other kids. With covid, more and more stuff is up for sale. It’s a buyers market for those who are so inclined :smile:

I have some brown suede Dr. Scholl boots (boot-clogs). Actually these are not easy to style unless I'm going for that elfin look.

Oh, I know the kind of boots you mean. They must be very difficult to style. Actually I wouldn´t know how as I certainly don´t pass an an elfin. Luckily Dr. School produces lots of "mainstream" looking boots and shoes. I own at least 3 pairs which I really love, because they are comfortable in spite of platforms and high heels. They have the brand specific cork footbed layer that makes them very foot-friendly.

It's quite interesting. What was its name?

If you already know that you don't love it, you know the answer already

Sorry, I haven´t found out the name, yet. It´s from 2007 and going by the details should be a member of the "my Dior" family.
DH provided a solution when I showed him the bag. (He loves it!)
He suggested I give it to my eldest daughter for Christmas instead of her usual bank transfer and mini present to unwrap. (It fits the budget perfectly as I got a great deal on it.)
She doesn´t own any designer bag, yet, but always says she´d love one.
When I gave my Speedy 25 to her younger sister a couple of years ago as a graduation present she was a little sad.... but she is no Speedy girl!

So the bag is sitting in my room waiting to be boxed nicely for Christmas.

The adorable paper bag is staying with me!

Sorry, I haven´t found out the name, yet. It´s from 2007 and going by the details should be a member of the "my Dior" family.
He suggested I give it to my eldest daughter for Christmas instead of her usual bank transfer and mini present to unwrap. (It fits the budget perfectly as I got a great deal on it.)
When I gave my Speedy 25 to her younger sister a couple of years ago as a graduation present she was a little sad.... but she is no Speedy girl!

She'll love it I'm sure

I like the bag and big bags are coming back. Perhaps since it was a great price, warehouse it until a suitable birthday for eldest DD? There’s also plenty of time to find other nice things for your other kids. With covid, more and more stuff is up for sale. It’s a buyers market for those who are so inclined :smile:
Thank-you! The fact that big bags are coming back plus that nylon seems to be a fashionable thing again, too, made me think this could be a perfect office bag for my DD. No birthday before next year, but Christmas will be the right occasion. My other two definetely prefer their usual bank transfer and mini present to unwrap and there won´t be no reason for being annoyed as the bag perfectly fits the budget. They all know I´m quite good at finding bargains...
Last Christmas my younger DD got lucky with a Jimmy Choo for H+M leather jacket for her mini present. I bought it new without tags for 12 Euro.

This is three servings of eye candy.
“I find it interesting that the Trim 38 is almost the largest that H made them, while the same size of Venetas is almost the smallest.” This is an interesting point to think about. I love the Trim and BV’s Venetas. I don’t own either bag. From pictures on celebrities I imagined that the BV Small Veneta was on the small side for a day bag and that I would one day go for a medium. When I tried on the medium it looked large on me. :whut: I guess I am goldilocks when it comes to Venetas. I love both colours of Venetas in your picture. I am especially loving your oxblood one, perfect dark, rich, silky leather for fall. I have been searching pics of gorgeous burgundy bags with fall outfits in mind (even though I own a burgundy Chanel Coco Handle, I would love a burgundy lambskin bag or oxblood Veneta :love:). Your bag looks divine.
This is exactly right ITA. I go back and forth on size also. I’m 5’2” medium build, big shoulder cap, and I’m okay with BV medium if it’s preloved and sagging, almost weighed down, slouchy. It seems smaller then. But, I also prefer the trim II 35 to the 31 bc it’s more NS not EW. However, it works better in vert olive Togo which is muted and appears smaller than my other 35 which is natural barenia. They were all great deals, So I can just use them and not fixate on perfect proportion as I might if I bought new.

@FizzyWater, I think I agree with your BF re the BV! your picture was not only beautiful but also informative and useful! Sometimes it’s like that when another TPfer demonstrates something with such clarity (and eye candy!)

Last edited:

That sounds like the perfect solution.

Gucci introduced an extra extendable strap to the Jackie in 1973, bringing out the feature again in 2011 and this year.

Therefore, the wearer can wear it either way, as an underarm shoulder bag, longer shoulder style or cross-body. The very small sizes are quite useful like this as it does make for better versatility. I'm very taken with the Gucci Small python version Jackie.

As far as I know the Bouver (like the Trim I, no gusset ) never had the additional strap.

Tom Ford for Gucci brought out a fringe version of the Bouver in the 1990s and I think Frida repeated the fringe style one year. I've no idea why either
Wow. Thanks for the info. Sounds like nothing H has done with the Trim was original. Anyway, I like my old ones!

Last OT and then back to bags ;) - I haven't seen the PBS show, though I've heard great things about it. I used to have an Ancestry.com membership, where I found some cool links (they have scans of Ellis Island entry records, where I found my great-grandmother and her oldest son*) and linked up with a relative who shared some great pictures from my dad's side. In the end I wasn't using it enough to maintain the membership.

The DAR does have meetings - in the US there will be a chapter in each city, maybe more than one. My mom's very active in hers and it can be quite the social circle. Here in Germany there's only one chapter, and the meetings are usually down south (near Landstuhl/Rammstein where the Army bases and thus most members are) so I don't attend very many. They're nice people, though!

*Shoutout to Josepha - her husband went to the US first, and she made it from current Lithuania to Hamburg, then to NYC, then to Minnesota (logging community) and finally to Washington State (more logging) to reunite with a toddler in tow. I can not imagine.

Thanks, it's a fun purse! It was actually designed by Michelle Yeoh, who is a huge H fan. It's a shame it didn't take off, but I can also see why.

Thank you, and good luck with the bag search! BV does such gorgeous reds - I'm trying to convince myself I don't need a more ruby version as well, but the oxblood is more than enough. :smile:

Thanks! The Nodinis are so nice and tailored - I'd love to see pictures!

Oh, interesting! That's very counter-intuitive. I usually go by the measurements, anything 37-39 cm wide. On the bright side I can look more closely at all those lovely medium bags I thought were larger. Thank you!

Oh, good thought. Thank you. I don't think I've ever seen an Hermes bag in deer skin before!

I know - Trim fans unite! :smile: I think the gusset, as papertiger mentions below, may be the difference. The 31 I had briefly didn't have a gusset and there was just not much room there.

I can see the gusset making a big difference. Thank you for all the information on the Gucci bags - I know almost nothing about them and should learn more!

I haven't see the new Trims anywhere, in stores, promo material, forum people showing new purchases... I was really excited from that one promo shot a year ago but nothing since.
All my trims have gussets. I can't remember where, but I have seen the flat one - definitely not enough room. Are the gusset-less trims only in 31?

Reactions: keodi

Great solution~!