2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Thank you!

Ohmigosh - Crinoline is cloth! And should be less expensive than Vibrato… mebbe I should check to see if any of those people have Vibrato listed as Crinoline and get a heck of a bargain!

:giggle: I will keep that in mind! :giggle:
It is an adorable little bag… I want another in the pink Vibrato with the green interior!

That is very pretty!
Does it hold much?

Beautiful color - @momasaurus loves the Trim too!
Could you do a bag spill - show us what it will hold and how?
Gorgeous Gulliver Trim, it’s a beauty. The sheen of the leather is mesmerizing to me.
A Trim in gulliver and this color. Just gorgeous. The Trim is a beautiful bag. Whenever I see something like this I have to remind myself that hobos are not my friend.
Such b e a u tiful leather, the whole bag is smooch-i-ness
This is a beautiful Pico! I had no idea the pressed strips were leather! I thought it was fabric! I learned something new.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I hope you find it!

I agree, neither did I!

Lovely bag! :heart:

beautiful!:love:

I love your Trim II I own a trim I 38cm, The trim is one of my favourite styles from Hermes, I love Gulliver leather as well, your bag looks so soft and buttery! I own a Gulliver Kelly.
That is a very pretty bag! I love the trim (have 4 and another listed, have also had 3 others). And Gulliver is such a nice smooth leather. You just reminded me that I have a "summery" one in toile and barenia that I should use before summer is over!
Beautiful :heart:
What a stunning purse! There are so many layers to the color there...

Riffing off your post, I know there's nothing like an Hermes bag, but here's how I've been managing my fruitless search for more:
--Trim I
--Larger than 31 (I tried but it was just too small for me)
--With a zipper closure

View attachment 4847087

Middle is Trim I 38 in probably Gris Perle. The other 2 are BV Small Venetas. (Missing, small Veneta in black loaned to my mom.) (@Cookiefiend you asked about the not-silver bag. It changes in the light but is mostly bronze. I can see pure silver on the trim. If anyone has any suggestions for restoration, or even that frankly it should be abandoned, please jump in.) (Or if anyone knows the lady on Tradesy who was selling a special edition imprinted silver Veneta and has since disappeared, I am madly in love with your purse, please come back...)

I find it interesting that the Trim 38 is almost the largest that H made them, while the same size of Venetas is almost the smallest. Of course, the Trim is pretty stiff leather and the BVs squish and conform to the body more. But! If you're looking for that form factor there are many out there and they are so luxurious to the touch.

So my BF finds the not-silver BV to be the most beautiful purse ever seen. My mom, the black BV. I am madly enamored with the oxblood one. And I adore the gray Trim. (Grossly more heavy, but such a workhorse and we will not discuss how it shed shockingly pink currant juice like nothing.) So in short I'm too lucky. :smile:
Thank you for all of the Trim love! it is such an under-rated H bag and it is so nice to see so many fans here.
@momasaurus, I would love hear more of your opinions about this bag and what you find works for you. Which is your fave, and why?
@Cookiefiend, sorry for the belated bag spill, but I have provided three different ones. I'm amazed at what fits into the 31cm size:

First bag spill: zip wallet (purple, actually a clutch), "COVID" silver pouch (carries all my COVID-related stuff), Makeup bag (fairly large) reading glasses in a case, sunnies, keys, snack. Bag zips up fine.
fullsizeoutput_312d.jpeg

Second bag spill: iPad in case, wallet clutch, sunnies, reading glasses/case, keys. the iPad takes a big of maneuvering but does fit. I also have a mini iPad and that fits without any problem. Bag zips up fine.
fullsizeoutput_3131.jpeg

Third bag spill: Water bottle, COVID pouch, wallet/clutch, keys, sunnies, reading glasses in case, snack. Bag does not zip up with water bottle.
fullsizeoutput_312e.jpeg

Thank you for all of the Trim love! it is such an under-rated H bag and it is so nice to see so many fans here.
@momasaurus, I would love hear more of your opinions about this bag and what you find works for you. Which is your fave, and why?
@Cookiefiend, sorry for the belated bag spill, but I have provided three different ones. I'm amazed at what fits into the 31cm size:

First bag spill: zip wallet (purple, actually a clutch), "COVID" silver pouch (carries all my COVID-related stuff), Makeup bag (fairly large) reading glasses in a case, sunnies, keys, snack. Bag zips up fine.
View attachment 4847854

Second bag spill: iPad in case, wallet clutch, sunnies, reading glasses/case, keys. the iPad takes a big of maneuvering but does fit. I also have a mini iPad and that fits without any problem. Bag zips up fine.
View attachment 4847857

Third bag spill: Water bottle, COVID pouch, wallet/clutch, keys, sunnies, reading glasses in case, snack. Bag does not zip up with water bottle.
View attachment 4847860
I am impressed you put a large water bottle in there.

View attachment 4847854

View attachment 4847857

View attachment 4847860
Beautiful spills! Love learning about them.

View attachment 4847854

View attachment 4847857

View attachment 4847860
WOW!! I'm astonished at how much will fit! That's amazing - thank you!

Reactions: keodi and Kimbashop
Well now - I wouldn't say that I actually 'belong' to a clan, but I do indeed have Scottish ancestors!
On my grandfather's side, Thomas Mitchell came to America in 1690. It is much easier to follow the male line because their surnames didn't change.
On my grandmother's side, we're not sure when they came to America, but my grandmother was not allowed to join the DAR because apparently someone (pretty sure it was Templeton) fought for the British in the Revolutionary War.
How incredible that you can trace a branch of your family all the way back to 1690!!! :eek:

I can't go any further back than the turn of the previous century. And even that history is pretty spotty. Nothing at all from before those ancestors left Europe, except for a few names of villages. I've tried researching those villages, but there has been so much back-and-forth in that part of the world that the borders… and probably the place-names… have changed multiple times.

I did, however, find a long-lost distant cousin in England (his great-grandfather was my grandfather's brother), which was enormous fun.

My Portland Leather Goods Mystery Mini Crossbody plus eight other surprise items arrived. I am so glad I received a color bag I don’t already have. I love the two journals . The black one is lined and the wrapped one is plain paper so I can sketch in it. The passport holder , mini wallet ,and coin / ear bud triangle thing are great. The only thing I might not use is the mug holder. My hubby came in and started smelling everything. It was rather funny. He was eyeing a few of the items.lol

View attachment 4843111
I can practically smell the leather from here. What a terrific surprise box. :smile:

How incredible that you can trace a branch of your family all the way back to 1690!!! :eek:

I can't go any further back than the turn of the previous century. And even that history is pretty spotty. Nothing at all from before those ancestors left Europe, except for a few names of villages. I've tried researching those villages, but there has been so much back-and-forth in that part of the world that the borders… and probably the place-names… have changed multiple times.

I did, however, find a long-lost distant cousin in England (his great-grandfather was my grandfather's brother), which was enormous fun.
It is very cool!
Someone on my grandfather's side of the family has done a whole lot of research into the Mitchell family line. It's not an easy thing to do! As you said, villages change, names change, things get lost and forgotten.
On my grandmother's side though, I only have oral history, a few photos and some beautiful lace work. I tried searching on Ancestry.com, but omg… I just got more and more confused - so many rabbit holes to go down!
What a little cutie! This will make you happy every time you open your handbag.

Now I'm rethinking my decision not to purchase… :biggrin:
heeheheee!

View attachment 4844945
Here's the picture I posted in the September purchases thread. I meant to go outside and take some pictures in natural lighting -- maybe I will do it another day. This turtledove color is interesting because it truly looks different in different lighting -- maybe because of the undertones. Sometimes, I see more of a grey undertone. And sometimes it looks much lighter, especially outdoors. I will try to take some pictures outdoors at some point to try to capture the difference in the way the color presents itself. It's hard to describe the color!
Ooh… this is a lovely color!

Reactions: keodi

View attachment 4847854

View attachment 4847857

View attachment 4847860
Thank you for the bag spills… what lovely pouches. And a brilliant idea to have a dedicated C-19 pouch. If I may ask: what do you keep in it?

Thank you for the bag spills… what lovely pouches. And a brilliant idea to have a dedicated C-19 pouch. If I may ask: what do you keep in it?
Pouches have helped me organize my life; it makes switching bags super easy.

sure -- My COVID pouch has a mask, small sanitizer, hair elastic, and a fold-up reusable metal straw. I sometimes stash rubber gloves in the pouch if I'm going somewhere that I think might require them.

I am going to talk about this bag because I just found it literally shopping from my own closet here. Actually, DH in his C-19-lockdown 'I'm so bored' frenzy did some 'clearing-up' and couldn't make it fit back again.

It's a Gucci Jockey Boston and I bought it because I have a Gucci 18K gold bracelet and Gucci trench coat that goes with it. I think also bought quite a lot of black and gold scarves because of these other items too. I used to carry it a lot, take it to work and trips out. It looks big to my eyes now.

So, apart from black and gold coordinating military stuff (which I'll do for A/W) what you wear with it? Tell me anything and everything, top to toe.

I was thinking about buying a black wool 'boyfriend' blazer from Cos and wearing with DVF mini dresses (both animal print - 1 pink and 1 rust) or black (40s tap-style) shorts or even pink python shorts (oh yes I would :winkiss: ) What else?

View attachment 4844195
I would reverse the black jacket and animal print underneath, to wit: leopard calf hair jacket (I have an old dolce one vintage from my own closet circa 1996) and go either jeans or leggings and balc or white top underneath. All black underneath would be more slick, white and black would pop more.

or a shift dress in a saturated color like dark British racing green, bordeaux or royal blue with opaque stockings and a lug soled boot.

for some reason, I think this bag calls for doc martens, made in UK, matte leather.

I have leather pants, patent in front suede backed, white mens shirt, this bag

personally I love camo (particularly blue, black grey or cool green, black, grey) even more than leopard. So, blue camo leggings, black sweater. Doc martens, this bag.

for transitional weather, one of those old Norman norell shifts (big button on the collar) and concealed buttons running down the middle. This bag, little flats like valentino rock studs or ballet flats, bare leg.

for a more 90s vibe. Brunello joggers (or athletica, or whatever suits ones inclination and price point), hoodie in a contrasting fabrication (I am fond of issey miyake) or a Jil sander or yamamoto baseball long sleeve tee, the flat Vans or converse or lanvin sneakers or other, and this bag. , .

akris sequined midnight blue button down top with structured cuffs (current season), leggings, this bag

akris navy dress, bare leg, valentino nude mule, this bag, plus big gold earrings or bracelet

the trench coat that got away (didn’t have the funds and thought the price was obscene at the time) Chanel beige trench with boucle ? contrasts trim, leggings, this bag. . .

Thanks for all these pix! You made my morning. I have loved this bag since you first shared pix but you should not have showed me the inside. OMG!!!! First of all, I thought the tiny pico was dumb until I got one (um....two). I also didn't like vibrato until I actually felt it (also the first colors I saw were icky yellow/brown). Now I'm like - I WANT THIS BAG. If you ever lose your mind and decide to rehome it, I got the home for it!
Are we lining up, bc I want it too :biggrin: