2020 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Thanks! The little bucket is also mulberry. I had not thought about it being a smaller bag would make thing’s easy to find . It also has a little hand carry strap. I took a closer picture when I was there that day. I have taken the lilly off the table since I adore my Prada.
I did order a mystery tote plus 8 but not as part of my gift. I have just joined back to a social distancing art thing and will need a big sturdy bag to carry supplies.

View attachment 4847853
This bucket looks refreshingly different from lots of bucket bags we get to see atm. I really like the unusual hardware. The extra handle is a very nice and useful detail, too and the leather looks lush. Still for me personally a bucket bag won´t do the trick. Over the years I had one or the other (from Moroccan souvenir to various household brands) and didn´t make friends with any of them. I tend to do unintentional bag spills with them...

Pouches have helped me organize my life; it makes switching bags super easy.

sure -- My COVID pouch has a mask, small sanitizer, hair elastic, and a fold-up reusable metal straw. I sometimes stash rubber gloves in the pouch if I'm going somewhere that I think might require them.
What a great idea! I'm going to create a COVID pouch instead of having those things rattle around loose in my handbag. :flowers:

I would reverse the black jacket and animal print underneath, to wit: leopard calf hair jacket (I have an old dolce one vintage from my own closet circa 1996) and go either jeans or leggings and balc or white top underneath. All black underneath would be more slick, white and black would pop more.

or a shift dress in a saturated color like dark British racing green, bordeaux or royal blue with opaque stockings and a lug soled boot.

for some reason, I think this bag calls for doc martens, made in UK, matte leather.

I have leather pants, patent in front suede backed, white mens shirt, this bag

personally I love camo (particularly blue, black grey or cool green, black, grey) even more than leopard. So, blue camo leggings, black sweater. Doc martens, this bag.

for transitional weather, one of those old Norman norell shifts (big button on the collar) and concealed buttons running down the middle. This bag, little flats like valentino rock studs or ballet flats, bare leg.

for a more 90s vibe. Brunello joggers (or athletica, or whatever suits ones inclination and price point), hoodie in a contrasting fabrication (I am fond of issey miyake) or a Jil sander or yamamoto baseball long sleeve tee, the flat Vans or converse or lanvin sneakers or other, and this bag. , .

akris sequined midnight blue button down top with structured cuffs (current season), leggings, this bag

akris navy dress, bare leg, valentino nude mule, this bag, plus big gold earrings or bracelet

the trench coat that got away (didn’t have the funds and thought the price was obscene at the time) Chanel beige trench with boucle ? contrasts trim, leggings, this bag. . .

"I would reverse the black jacket and animal print underneath, to wit: leopard calf hair jacket (I have an old dolce one vintage from my own closet circa 1996) and go either jeans or leggings and balc or white top underneath. All black underneath would be more slick, white and black would pop more."

I have a Roberto Cavalli hair-calf jacket (short, close-fitting wrap with a very large shawl collar and trumpet sleeves, paisley silk lining). I have plenty of slim black beatnik-type style clothes. White Ts too. Black polo or turtle neck would be nice maybe. Also have a leopard and pink roses silk scarf I can wrap my hair. Tick.

"or a shift dress in a saturated color like dark British racing green, bordeaux or royal blue with opaque stockings and a lug soled boot."

Plenty of those too. I have both rust and a greyed-green, long sleeve dresses I haven't made the most of yet from a designer I found in Spitalfields market. Knee high black Doc Martens Britains. Tick

for some reason, I think this bag calls for doc martens, made in UK, matte leather.

I have 4 pairs atm. 2 pairs of Shriver ankle boots, long Britains (and silver glitter Jadons but they wouldn't work)

"I have leather pants, patent in front suede backed, white mens shirt, this bag"

I have leather fronted and material backed, I also have a black suede mini skirt -

personally I love camo (particularly blue, black grey or cool green, black, grey) even more than leopard. So, blue camo leggings, black sweater. Doc martens, this bag.

I used to have a Victorian style camo skirt (not sure if I still have it) but I'm sure I'll have something. Perhaps an urban T-shirt dress?

"for transitional weather, one of those old Norman norell shifts (big button on the collar) and concealed buttons running down the middle. This bag, little flats like valentino rock studs or ballet flats, bare leg."

Not so me but If I ever found a shirtdress that looked good I'd love one.

"for a more 90s vibe. Brunello joggers (or athletica, or whatever suits ones inclination and price point), hoodie in a contrasting fabrication (I am fond of issey miyake) or a Jil sander or yamamoto baseball long sleeve tee, the flat Vans or converse or lanvin sneakers or other, and this bag. , ."

Somewhere I have Y3 stuff, certainly Yohji jacket, and I beetle-black iridescent Nikes. Sold my Jill Sander cashmere blazer (I know :cray: ) but I think I may have her olive platform boots somewhere.

"Akris sequined midnight blue button down top with structured cuffs (current season), leggings, this bag"

I'll check the Akris out. I have a high street dégradé, all-sequin, shades of grey. stretch LS mini-dress bought a couple of years ago. I have beads and sequins in all colours, all manner of tops and bottoms and dresses left over from playing classical guitar at weddings and functions, I'm sure some in tops, they're in bags somewhere.

akris navy dress, bare leg, valentino nude mule, this bag, plus big gold earrings or bracelet"

"I have minimalist dresses in navy or black. My high instep means I kick-off flat mules as I walk so either Westwood nude toe-shoe mules or pig skin Gucci loafers. Certainly have lots of big gold earrings and/or bracelets."

"the trench coat that got away (didn’t have the funds and thought the price was obscene at the time) Chanel beige trench with boucle ? contrasts trim, leggings, this bag. . ."

I have a Chanel Couture beige tweed jacket with lion head buttons OR I have plenty of other brand trenches but alas no Chanel trench. Sounds like my beige Gucci with the orange lining may be nice, I'll try with an orange H scarf.

Lots of wonderful ideas and looks like I can shop from my own closet

Thank you :hugs: :flowers:

Last edited:
"I would reverse the black jacket and animal print underneath, to wit: leopard calf hair jacket (I have an old dolce one vintage from my own closet circa 1996) and go either jeans or leggings and balc or white top underneath. All black underneath would be more slick, white and black would pop more."

I have a Roberto Cavalli hair-calf jacket (short, close-fitting wrap with a very large shawl collar and trumpet sleeves, paisley silk lining. I have plenty of slim black beatnik-type style clothes. White Ts too. Black polo or turtle neck would be nice maybe. Also have a leopard and pink roses silk scarf I can wrap my hair. Tick.

"or a shift dress in a saturated color like dark British racing green, bordeaux or royal blue with opaque stockings and a lug soled boot."

Plenty of those too. I have both rust and a greyed-green, long sleeve dresses I haven't made the most of yet from a designer I found in Spitalfields market. Knee high black Doc Martens Britains. Tick

I have 4 pairs atm. 2 pairs of Shriver ankle boots, long Britains (and silver glitter Jadons but they wouldn't work)

"I have leather pants, patent in front suede backed, white mens shirt, this bag"

I have leather fronted and material backed, I also have a black suede mini skirt -

I used to have a Victorian style camo skirt (not sure if I still have it) but I'm sure I'll have something. Perhaps an urban T-shirt dress?

"for transitional weather, one of those old Norman norell shifts (big button on the collar) and concealed buttons running down the middle. This bag, little flats like valentino rock studs or ballet flats, bare leg."

"for a more 90s vibe. Brunello joggers (or athletica, or whatever suits ones inclination and price point), hoodie in a contrasting fabrication (I am fond of issey miyake) or a Jil sander or yamamoto baseball long sleeve tee, the flat Vans or converse or lanvin sneakers or other, and this bag. , ."

Somewhere I have Y3 stuff, certainly Yohji jacket, and I beetle-black iridescent Nikes. Sold my Jill Sander cashmere blazer (I know :cray: ) but I think I may have her olive platform boots somewhere.

"Akris sequined midnight blue button down top with structured cuffs (current season), leggings, this bag"

I'll check the Akris out. I have a high street dégradé, all-sequin, shades of grey. stretch LS mini-dress bought a couple of years ago. I have beads and sequins in all colours, all manner of tops and bottoms and dresses left over from playing classical guitar at weddings and functions, I'm sure some in tops, they're in bags somewhere.

akris navy dress, bare leg, valentino nude mule, this bag, plus big gold earrings or bracelet"

"I have minimalist dresses in navy or black. My high instep means I kick-off flat mules as I walk so either Westwood nude toe-shoe mules or pig skin Gucci loafers. Certainly have lots of big gold earrings and/or bracelets."

"the trench coat that got away (didn’t have the funds and thought the price was obscene at the time) Chanel beige trench with boucle ? contrasts trim, leggings, this bag. . ."

I have a Chanel Couture beige tweed jacket with lion head buttons OR I have plenty of other brand trenches but alas no Chanel trench. Sounds like my beige Gucci with the orange lining may be nice, I'll try with an orange H scarf.

Paper tiger, now we reall need photos and action shots! just saying :biggrin: !!!!!so excited to see your stuff! Am drooling at the thought of high doc martens :smile:

I would reverse the black jacket and animal print underneath, to wit: leopard calf hair jacket (I have an old dolce one vintage from my own closet circa 1996) and go either jeans or leggings and balc or white top underneath. All black underneath would be more slick, white and black would pop more.

or a shift dress in a saturated color like dark British racing green, bordeaux or royal blue with opaque stockings and a lug soled boot.

I have leather pants, patent in front suede backed, white mens shirt, this bag

for transitional weather, one of those old Norman norell shifts (big button on the collar) and concealed buttons running down the middle. This bag, little flats like valentino rock studs or ballet flats, bare leg.

for a more 90s vibe. Brunello joggers (or athletica, or whatever suits ones inclination and price point), hoodie in a contrasting fabrication (I am fond of issey miyake) or a Jil sander or yamamoto baseball long sleeve tee, the flat Vans or converse or lanvin sneakers or other, and this bag. , .

akris sequined midnight blue button down top with structured cuffs (current season), leggings, this bag

akris navy dress, bare leg, valentino nude mule, this bag, plus big gold earrings or bracelet

the trench coat that got away (didn’t have the funds and thought the price was obscene at the time) Chanel beige trench with boucle ? contrasts trim, leggings, this bag. . .
There you go again! I think I need you to create some outfits for my bags too! These images are great!

The Trim 1 38 is not a big bag but the Trim II 35 is a big bag and the 38 HUGE.

The addition of the gusset makes a very big difference. It's the the same with the Gucci Bouvier and Jackie.

Trigger warning:
Nerd info:
My SA was quoting her in-house Jackie launch training this week and saying the Bouvier came out in 1957, which would make the Trim I (1958) an inspired 'copy' of the Bouvier. However, all taken with a mountain of salt as I've always read 1958 elsewhere including Gucci's own literature, this would make it same year as the Trim. I know Jackie Bouvier/Kennedy/O carried both brands and both versions of each. Even though both brands use the same pictures to promote the provenance of the brand's heritage, in different pics of the same bag taken from other angles, both companies (I'm sure unknowingly) have wrongly co-opted each other's bag (probably because the hardware is not visible in the pic). My assessment of Jackie, ever the diplomatic and discreet wife, she never corrected anybody and kept being a loyal customer to both brands.

At this point I would like to be let loose in both H and GG archives and do my own positivist research because I just don't trust the hype. Pretty sure that this year's relaunch Gucci Jackie was inspired by this year's relaunch of H's relaunch of the Trim though. In the marketing wars, atm, Gucci is winning because H are not making enough of it.
So interesting!
Well, the new H trim is quite different with the long strap (why?) and some with the fringe (really WHY??????)
How does the Gucci update differ from the original?

I have a Roberto Cavalli hair-calf jacket (short, close-fitting wrap with a very large shawl collar and trumpet sleeves, paisley silk lining). I have plenty of slim black beatnik-type style clothes. White Ts too. Black polo or turtle neck would be nice maybe. Also have a leopard and pink roses silk scarf I can wrap my hair. Tick.

Impressive stylings! The glossy pictures pop up in my head- even though I have to try and google most of the designer pieces you mention for details. All my uneducated mind comes up with are general lines. Great fun, though!
From my non-designer background I´d just wear black skinny jeans (from the supermarket, but they do fit!), black top, simple black round-toed ankle boots with a solid heels (Dr.Scholl, bought preloved off ebay) and my long Oasis lightweight faux fur tiger print coat (car boot) with it.

Regret, regret, regret..... never buy a bag just because the auction is about to end and the price amazingly low... I just opened my package and wondered: "what do I need this one for?"
Well, I could give it to my eldest daughter as an office bag and she would most likely like it and adore the fact it´s Dior... BUT there are two more kids and at least one of them would certainly be offended...
I have the option to send it back, too.

Here´s the ebay pic:

1600173294956.png

It´s huge! It´s as good as new. It came with a nice big Dior paper bag... which makes my heart sing unlike the actual bag I bought.

So interesting!
Well, the new H trim is quite different with the long strap (why?) and some with the fringe (really WHY??????)
How does the Gucci update differ from the original?

Gucci introduced an extra extendable strap to the Jackie in 1973, bringing out the feature again in 2011 and this year.

Therefore, the wearer can wear it either way, as an underarm shoulder bag, longer shoulder style or cross-body. The very small sizes are quite useful like this as it does make for better versatility. I'm very taken with the Gucci Small python version Jackie.

As far as I know the Bouver (like the Trim I, no gusset ) never had the additional strap.

Tom Ford for Gucci brought out a fringe version of the Bouver in the 1990s and I think Frida repeated the fringe style one year. I've no idea why either

Impressive stylings! The glossy pictures pop up in my head- even though I have to try and google most of the designer pieces you mention for details. All my uneducated mind comes up with are general lines. Great fun, though!
From my non-designer background I´d just wear black skinny jeans (from the supermarket, but they do fit!), black top, simple black round-toed ankle boots with a solid heels (Dr.Scholl, bought preloved off ebay) and my long Oasis lightweight faux fur tiger print coat (car boot) with it.

I have some brown suede Dr. Scholl boots (boot-clogs). Actually these are not easy to style unless I'm going for that elfin look.

Reactions: keodi
Regret, regret, regret..... never buy a bag just because the auction is about to end and the price amazingly low... I just opened my package and wondered: "what do I need this one for?"
Well, I could give it to my eldest daughter as an office bag and she would most likely like it and adore the fact it´s Dior... BUT there are two more kids and at least one of them would certainly be offended...
I have the option to send it back, too.

Here´s the ebay pic:

View attachment 4848795

It´s huge! It´s as good as new. It came with a nice big Dior paper bag... which makes my heart sing unlike the actual bag I bought.

It's quite interesting. What was its name?

If you already know that you don't love it, you know the answer already

Wow it’s so cool that you can trace back so far. Do you ever watch PBS “finding your roots” The show focuses on celebrities and uses genealogical records and DNA technology to trace roots and find common ancestors and distant cousins. For DAR, do you gals have gatherings?

Last OT and then back to bags ;) - I haven't seen the PBS show, though I've heard great things about it. I used to have an Ancestry.com membership, where I found some cool links (they have scans of Ellis Island entry records, where I found my great-grandmother and her oldest son*) and linked up with a relative who shared some great pictures from my dad's side. In the end I wasn't using it enough to maintain the membership.

The DAR does have meetings - in the US there will be a chapter in each city, maybe more than one. My mom's very active in hers and it can be quite the social circle. Here in Germany there's only one chapter, and the meetings are usually down south (near Landstuhl/Rammstein where the Army bases and thus most members are) so I don't attend very many. They're nice people, though!

*Shoutout to Josepha - her husband went to the US first, and she made it from current Lithuania to Hamburg, then to NYC, then to Minnesota (logging community) and finally to Washington State (more logging) to reunite with a toddler in tow. I can not imagine.

Thanks for the details on the Yeoh bag - it was so informative. I was not familiar with this bag. The leather in the last picture looks amazing and soft.

Thanks, it's a fun purse! It was actually designed by Michelle Yeoh, who is a huge H fan. It's a shame it didn't take off, but I can also see why.

This is three servings of eye candy.
“I find it interesting that the Trim 38 is almost the largest that H made them, while the same size of Venetas is almost the smallest.” This is an interesting point to think about. I love the Trim and BV’s Venetas. I don’t own either bag. From pictures on celebrities I imagined that the BV Small Veneta was on the small side for a day bag and that I would one day go for a medium. When I tried on the medium it looked large on me. :whut: I guess I am goldilocks when it comes to Venetas. I love both colours of Venetas in your picture. I am especially loving your oxblood one, perfect dark, rich, silky leather for fall. I have been searching pics of gorgeous burgundy bags with fall outfits in mind (even though I own a burgundy Chanel Coco Handle, I would love a burgundy lambskin bag or oxblood Veneta :love:). Your bag looks divine.

Thank you, and good luck with the bag search! BV does such gorgeous reds - I'm trying to convince myself I don't need a more ruby version as well, but the oxblood is more than enough. :smile:

Your colllection is gorgeous! I’m really interested in your Trim I 38. Looks like a wonderful size. And I love your BVs. Both of them are beautiful. BV makes mesmerizing Metallics. I have two Nodinis which I love and am aiming to buy a large Veneta one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! The Nodinis are so nice and tailored - I'd love to see pictures!

To the best of my knowledge there is no small Veneta. There’s a mini, a medium, large, and maxi. What you’re calling the small was probably a medium.

Oh, interesting! That's very counter-intuitive. I usually go by the measurements, anything 37-39 cm wide. On the bright side I can look more closely at all those lovely medium bags I thought were larger. Thank you!

Very interesting.

I think not Togo, but could be deer skin as it looks a bit like one of the Hermes (deerskin) caps.

Oh, good thought. Thank you. I don't think I've ever seen an Hermes bag in deer skin before!

A post after my own heart. I love the trim and have been eyeing these BV hobos. Yours are all so lovely. Interesting that I prefer the trim 31 - my larger one (35) is almost too big for me. This style is just so easy to wear!

I know - Trim fans unite! :smile: I think the gusset, as papertiger mentions below, may be the difference. The 31 I had briefly didn't have a gusset and there was just not much room there.

The Trim 1 38 is not a big bag but the Trim II 35 is a big bag and the 38 HUGE.

The addition of the gusset makes a very big difference. It's the the same with the Gucci Bouvier and Jackie.

At this point I would like to be let loose in both H and GG archives and do my own positivist research because I just don't trust the hype. Pretty sure that this year's relaunch Gucci Jackie was inspired by this year's relaunch of H's relaunch of the Trim though. In the marketing wars, atm, Gucci is winning because H are not making enough of it.

I can see the gusset making a big difference. Thank you for all the information on the Gucci bags - I know almost nothing about them and should learn more!

I haven't see the new Trims anywhere, in stores, promo material, forum people showing new purchases... I was really excited from that one promo shot a year ago but nothing since.