Fendi peekaboo thoughts?

Dannadrew

Sep 11, 2016
What is everyone’s thoughts on the peekaboo? I know it looks like a Kelly but for practicality everyday and in and out with the openings seems like a good stand in?

It never occurred to me that the peekaboo looks like a Kelly??
I would recommend the Delvaux Tempete if you want a “Kelly” looking bag that is less fussy to get in and out of. It looks closer with an actual flap opening, but the sangles don't fasten onto the opening so its less layers to fasten:

But it has a push button closure so it’s easy to open and close.

Delvaux is also frequently recognized as Belgium’s own version of Hermès, though I personally think the quality isn’t nearly 100% as good but it’s a closer call than most other brands. The staff is a usually a much more approachable compared to H in general, and the HQ basically allows anyone to make special orders, not just VIPs. I’ve asked, and they’re chill enough to say, as long as you’re willing to pay and wait for the bag, even a Himalayan tempete is doable.

I have one in size medium and see the resemblance to Kelly, mostly in the shape and the fact that it’s got the top handle with strap, and maybe even the twist opening. I find it heavier than my Kelly 28 probably due to the divider and a slightly more hardware. Mine is calfskin and it slouches more than my Kelly Epsom leather, but I feel like that’s part of the look so you can peek into the divider. The two things that occasionally bug me is 1) the buckle in the middle tends to get in my way and knock against my hand when I reach in for things. 2) the buckle gets more metal to metal rubbing compared to the Kelly, so I see some tarnish lines on mine. It’s not visible when closed but I usually wear the front flap open

Overall its a great bag and the craftsmanship is good. It’s similar to Kelly but more casual. Though now that I have a Kelly I def feel like this one now a bit redundant even though they are still different bags. If I had the Kelly first I probably wouldn’t have bought the Peekaboo. Hope this helps.

6098D8C2-0611-4B45-8FC7-758D2454076C.jpeg

i have the mini peekaboo and i fell in love with its leather first, not its shape. the leather is soooo luxurious and soft that i knew i had to have one the moment i held one. i never felt this way handling any other leather before!

the only 'drawback' is the divider in the bag, which makes things heavy and because of that, doesn't fit much inside. i would still recommend it because it's so versatile with all the straps you can get, the subtle branding, and gorgeous leather. it's all the reasons why i'm a hermes fan too: versatility, subtlety and quality.

Reactions: luxurylucy
Kelly is my dream bag but I can't afford it or ever want to pay that price for a bag. I heard a lot of people compare the Peekaboo to the Kelly. At first I saw it as "second best" but then the bag grew on me. The thing I also like on the Peekaboo is that somehow the top makes it look less formal. I can still wear it with a grungy outfit and I don't see myself pulling that off with a Kelly. Although grungy outfit's are not for everyone, I see that more as a plus than easier getting into than a K.

I have one in size medium and see the resemblance to Kelly, mostly in the shape and the fact that it’s got the top handle with strap, and maybe even the twist opening. I find it heavier than my Kelly 28 probably due to the divider and a slightly more hardware. Mine is calfskin and it slouches more than my Kelly Epsom leather, but I feel like that’s part of the look so you can peek into the divider. The two things that occasionally bug me is 1) the buckle in the middle tends to get in my way and knock against my hand when I reach in for things. 2) the buckle gets more metal to metal rubbing compared to the Kelly, so I see some tarnish lines on mine. It’s not visible when closed but I usually wear the front flap open

Overall its a great bag and the craftsmanship is good. It’s similar to Kelly but more casual. Though now that I have a Kelly I def feel like this one now a bit redundant even though they are still different bags. If I had the Kelly first I probably wouldn’t have bought the Peekaboo. Hope this helps.

View attachment 4837506
Wow beautiful! I have both coming in the mail. Preowned. Kelly 32 in red Clémence and peekaboo in etoupe and pink. I live in Cali so a Kelly seems too precious to carry around every day.

Wow beautiful! I have both coming in the mail. Preowned. Kelly 32 in red Clémence and peekaboo in etoupe and pink. I live in Cali so a Kelly seems too precious to carry around every day.
Nice! I honestly like both of them and find they are suitable for different occasions. Also smart for buying the Peekaboo preloved! I bought mine preloved as well and there’s quite a bit of discount compared to the new

Nice! I honestly like both of them and find they are suitable for different occasions. Also smart for buying the Peekaboo preloved! I bought mine preloved as well and there’s quite a bit of discount compared to the new

As the owner of a Kelly can I ask if u bought preloved? I bought mine on real real but now am worried that real real doesn’t authenticate properly for Hermes. What are your thoughts?

As the owner of a Kelly can I ask if u bought preloved? I bought mine on real real but now am worried that real real doesn’t authenticate properly for Hermes. What are your thoughts?
I got mine from the local H boutique. I haven’t shopped with the real real personally and I have heard mixed reviews about them, especially around some of the item not being authenticated which is terrible. Personally I think it’s a good idea to get a second opinion on the authenticity just to be sure since the bag is quite pricey. If it’s real, great and you’ll sleep better at night; if not, then you can dispute with them and get your money back. I’m still fairly new to Hermes myself, you might find the Hermes forum section helpful too, as the ladies over there are a lot more knowledgeable than I am