Scarves Scarves storage/display and care

Ooooohhhh, nice!
I haven’t found “drawer liners” I like, so I use the tissue from the H boxes and a lavender sachet in a drawer corner under the tissue.
Less serious thought: We should all be challenged to drop (a photo of) our drawers here!
This was fun, Rhl2987, like going through my Nannie’s makeup table as a kid.
I’d personally love to see a couple folks from SOTD thread and their elevator-serviced skyscrapers of scarf storage. :hbeat:
Tag: @Croisette7 @Living.la.vida.fifi

I usually ask my SA for extra tissue paper to use as drawer liners -- last time she gave a giant bunch of it.

Also, bonus photo — my cat in one my drawers (this is the orange / pink one, I organize them by colors). Before everyone panics — Mittens has been breaking into scarf drawers to take a nap for the past 8 years, and other than an odd stray hair, has never caused any damage.

Attachments

• 8995FA82-6E74-49FA-8AD8-3073EADD6032.jpeg
    8995FA82-6E74-49FA-8AD8-3073EADD6032.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 485
Also, bonus photo — my cat in one my drawers (this is the orange / pink one, I organize them by colors). Before everyone panics — Mittens has been breaking into scarf drawers to take a nap for the past 8 years, and other than an odd stray hair, has never caused any damage.
One of ours used to get into the dishtowel drawer from the back. You knew, if you walked into the kitchen and that drawer was open about an inch.
Nice of Mittens to show off the pink & orange for us!

One of ours used to get into the dishtowel drawer from the back. You knew, if you walked into the kitchen and that drawer was open about an inch.
Nice of Mittens to show off the pink & orange for us!

Mittens used to go for towel shelves, but he very quickly discovered he prefers fine silk... He likes this drawer as it is easy for him to open (it's next to the window, so he can sit on the windowstill and paw at it). It used to be a blue drawer, but I think these colors suit him better! :smile:

Hahahahaha! I love it! Better than napping on the couch, if I could fit into my silk drawers I would! Btw can you tell me which design the one I have circled is? TIA!!:flowers:

Attachments

• ABC82E15-294C-45E9-8DB1-CA61CCCDA990.jpeg
    ABC82E15-294C-45E9-8DB1-CA61CCCDA990.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 431
This is my scarf storage location, I found this at an antique shop some time ago. The drawers are just the right size. Right now just one drawer is devoted to silk scarves but I think that is only temporary. They are not all H silks but the ratio is changing! It's fun to open up the drawer and choose a scarf for the day!

Attachments

• HS216.jpg
    HS216.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 423
  • HS215.jpg
    HS215.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 428

:heart:
I have the scarves and the drawers but are missing a cat. Sigh. Maybe one day.

And that’s how I plan to store my future scarf collection ! No fuss

Reactions: Etriers
Late to the party, but have enjoyed reading this thread & have learned SO MUCH!
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Like so many of you, my collex has outgrown my current H box system.
I picked up these deeper boxes awhile ago on a whim and am trying to make them work...
Boxes on Right have magnetic close lids for easy access. The large one fits my non-H silks in their boxes & loose H ribbon (didn’t bother lining this one with acid-free tissue).
The zippered boxes on Left have pull handles -which I love- b/c my available storage is up high (and they’re easily grabbed in a scarf emergency). The smaller one fits three 90’s nicely fanned out (folded as in H box), so I’ve layered them using acid free tissue. I grouped them roughly by color group (neutrals, browns, blacks). I don’t reach for neutrals as often, so they’re towards bottom.
That left the larger zip box and smaller magnet lid box for whites + colors. Here’s where I’m struggling...
Too many divine beauties to lay flat, so I did the additional fold to stack a la Marie Kondo “standing up” (placed box on it’s side) and filled ‘er up. :whut:
I partially filled the last box using this method. I love to see the gorgeous array of colors in these last two boxes, but am about to hyperventilate at the amount of unauthorized wrinkling going on. :wtf:
The smaller magnetic box also doesn’t seem to be quite deep enough, so I fear it’s back to the drawing board...
If anyone’s still following this thread, suggestions are welcomed.

Attachments

• 513B0066-3F52-4AA0-BF9E-D7B986A23ACC.jpeg
    513B0066-3F52-4AA0-BF9E-D7B986A23ACC.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 237
  • E14EA977-755B-47D3-A913-395FA75DD30E.jpeg
    E14EA977-755B-47D3-A913-395FA75DD30E.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
I picked up these deeper boxes awhile ago on a whim and am trying to make them work...
Boxes on Right have magnetic close lids for easy access. The large one fits my non-H silks in their boxes & loose H ribbon (didn’t bother lining this one with acid-free tissue).
The zippered boxes on Left have pull handles -which I love- b/c my available storage is up high (and they’re easily grabbed in a scarf emergency). The smaller one fits three 90’s nicely fanned out (folded as in H box), so I’ve layered them using acid free tissue. I grouped them roughly by color group (neutrals, browns, blacks). I don’t reach for neutrals as often, so they’re towards bottom.
That left the larger zip box and smaller magnet lid box for whites + colors. Here’s where I’m struggling...
Too many divine beauties to lay flat, so I did the additional fold to stack a la Marie Kondo “standing up” (placed box on it’s side) and filled ‘er up. :whut:
I partially filled the last box using this method. I love to see the gorgeous array of colors in these last two boxes, but am about to hyperventilate at the amount of unauthorized wrinkling going on. :wtf:
The smaller magnetic box also doesn’t seem to be quite deep enough, so I fear it’s back to the drawing board...

Wow! So neat!!:flowers:

Reactions: Etriers

I see your problem (and that would drive me bonkers too...no way could I stack mine). They’d be everywhere fast. Could you put the box flat and lay them folded as they are but overlapping? That’s how my 90s are.