Scarves Scarves storage/display and care

I used moth traps with pheromones to catch the buggers when the sweater disaster happened, they work really well but only at catching the males. The product I now use in my closets is Reefer-Galler no-moth closet hanger, a metal box with a cake of the chemical in it. I hesitated a lot because it is a chemical, but losing half my sweater collection before I realized what was going on pushed me to the dark side....
I had the same question as @Nomad- but I use the same product as you. I tried theromone sheets (was a waste - didn’t catch anything), lavender - nothing was fault proof. The RF chemical is at least working.. They also have tablets that I put in storage containers - they do work. There is an odor though (it is a chemical after all) - but it goes away. I also store my shawls in zip lock bags (even those that I keep in boxes still go into jumbo zip lock bags). For some precious ones I do double zip lock bags (OCD in its finest:smile:))

I had the same question as @Nomad- but I use the same product as you. I tried theromone sheets (was a waste - didn’t catch anything), lavender - nothing was fault proof. The RF chemical is at least working.. They also have tablets that I put in storage containers - they do work. There is an odor though (it is a chemical after all) - but it goes away. I also store my shawls in zip lock bags (even those that I keep in boxes still go into jumbo zip lock bags). For some precious ones I do double zip lock bags (OCD in its finest:smile:))
It’s worth it not to get a moth problem. Better protected than sorry. I lost 4 handwoven wool rugs, some dresses and sweaters to them a few years ago and have been triggered ever since. It took months to clear them up.