Celebrity Wedding Rings

Scarlett Johansson has always had an unusual aesthetic when it comes to jewelry. It may look stunning IRL. I’m think the stone may match her hair color.

I do think the ring matches her style, especially with the dress she’s wearing.

I’ve never seen a stone in that shape . It seems to be a cross between a pear and an oval.
I think from a top view, it's not exactly pretty to look at. The stone is way too oversized for the design. As a sculptural piece, I get it, but execution-wise, it's not totally there. I kind of wish there was something more organic to the design rather than having a stone just stuck on like this.
670-ring.jpeg
scarlett-johansson-engagement-ring-280057-1563823187667-image.700x0c.jpg
But, overall, I like it, especially from this angle. I think it's something different and unexpected and that seems to be the pattern with ScarJo's last e-ring anyway. If I could choose one it'd be her previous e-ring, an art deco design. But then again, art deco is one of my weaknesses.
Scarlett-Johansson-Art-Deco-Engagement-Ring.jpg

I think from a top view, it's not exactly pretty to look at. The stone is way too oversized for the design. As a sculptural piece, I get it, but execution-wise, it's not totally there. I kind of wish there was something more organic to the design rather than having a stone just stuck on like this.
View attachment 4498363
View attachment 4498361
But, overall, I like it, especially from this angle. I think it's something different and unexpected and that seems to be the pattern with ScarJo's last e-ring anyway. If I could choose one it'd be her previous e-ring, an art deco design. But then again, art deco is one of my weaknesses.
View attachment 4498362
It almost has a champagne color to it, which I like very much, but the overall setting and band... not so much. IMO, set like that, it puts the diamond in a vulnerable position for being knocked or bumped. I would rather see a stone that large set in something more durable and stable.

It almost has a champagne color to it, which I like very much, but the overall setting and band... not so much. IMO, set like that, it puts the diamond in a vulnerable position for being knocked or bumped. I would rather see a stone that large set in something more durable and stable.
I normally like the juxtaposition of large stones on dainty-looking settings/bands but those tend to be balanced in design so they're secure at least. This looks way too risky for comfort.

View attachment 4498363
View attachment 4498361
View attachment 4498362
I agree. her new one is too large and too contemporary for my taste

Scarlett Johansson has always had an unusual aesthetic when it comes to jewelry. It may look stunning IRL. I’m think the stone may match her hair color.

I do think the ring matches her style, especially with the dress she’s wearing.

I’ve never seen a stone in that shape . It seems to be a cross between a pear and an oval.
A Peaval:P or maybe a Poval?:P

limon......why do you think black diamonds are so popular....:smile: DeBeers has a great marketing network. You know....Past, Present and Future....The Journey....Best Friends......and no offense to anyone who loves black diamonds. I think onyx is cool. I actually love the tea colored diamonds, but that huge ring is just not very pretty at all. She'll change it after a year or two of wearing it, I am sure.

Reactions: Julide
limon......why do you think black diamonds are so popular....:smile: DeBeers has a great marketing network. You know....Past, Present and Future....The Journey....Best Friends......and no offense to anyone who loves black diamonds. I think onyx is cool. I actually love the tea colored diamonds, but that huge ring is just not very pretty at all. She'll change it after a year or two of wearing it, I am sure.
I'm kinda surprised. wouldn't have thought she'd want something big and garish. I wonder if he picked it out.

If you look at the history of DeBeers, this is exactly how diamonds became so popular....giving them away in boxes and boxes to movie stars in the early 40's because at that time, everyone wanted to look like a movie star, so what a great way for DeBeers to market their product that had basically very little appeal until they discovered how much we desired to live the movie-star life. I found an article on it about 10 years ago, and it was fascinating. So, it could be the same, today....why not, eh?

View attachment 4498363
View attachment 4498361
View attachment 4498362

The first ring is extremely ugly. I don’t like the shape of the diamond, and I certainly don’t like the setting. Awful. The second ring is prettier, though still not something I particularly like.