The JADE thread!

BernieChocolate, the icy peach is TDF! a perfect match to your bangle. No wonder you wear the icy bangle all the time. The charms too are so vibrant and lovely, and what a special piece!

CR, thank you! What I am doing is trying to stay away from buying another bangle, LOL! I missed a HG bangle I was eyeing for a while, but when I finally got around to making an offer, it turned out it had just sold. Oh well. I have been trying not to assuage my sorrow by getting another one though I may give in... and I did purchase some beads to match my Olmec blue.
View attachment 4457550

JB is your blue bangle from Ginger Coast? It’s beautiful. I like your bead bracelet too.

Reactions: Cyanide Rose
Thanks Bernie! This bangle is from JoJo. Their website is far from updated as many pieces are actually sold but there is a large inventory(constantly changing) that is not shown so you can email them and let them know what you are looking for and price range. It’s my second purchase from them and both were good experiences.

Hi hi ! I did try before in the past , but it seems like they don’t update their inventory . Do they ship from China ? I m quite nervous about stuff getting lost , as I think they don’t think favorably of returns , plus I m not sure about safety about returns to China . But you must be pretty happy with this one ! It looks very good on you !

How sweet that you’re wearing the anklet your son wore - so much sentimental value. Your icy bangle is gorgeous so I can see why you’ve been wearing it a lot. The icy peach s beautiful too Bernie.
The food looks delicious! I love all types of noodles in soup and just food in general so Singapore would be a great place to visit someday for the food and bonus that there are jade shops too!

Yeah , I have decide to be abit “minimalist “ about things because there seem to be a lot little trinkets and mementoes so good way saving up , unless I see something I totally cannot resist haha

Beautiful jade and food! Looks like an amazing place to visit and shop :smile:

Thanks . If you come to Singapore do check it out . I can’t resist our Chinatown for 2 reasons .jade browsing and the uh foood ! Haha

Now I’m getting hungry! A good friend spent a few years in Singapore and kept encouraging me to come visit (but I just didn’t have the time) bummer. I wish I’d made the time..”seize the day” as the saying goes.

BernieChocolate Your icy pieces are lovely. Jade is getting popular amongst the young? Awesome. Earlier in the thread, there was a person whose relative designed modernized pieces with jade. I really liked it. I have some very traditional pieces given to me by my mother in law that I don’t think I’d wear. Bangles that are a little tight make me nervous. I just don’t like squishing my wrist. I keep thinking of interesting ways to wear some of her more interesting pieces.

Are u able to fit the smaller jade bangles. Usually , if you are Able to put them on , a bit of soap would do the trick for removal. U can wear other pieces with denim jackets or sundress . I think they update the modern look with a vintage vibe .

BernieChocolate, the icy peach is TDF! a perfect match to your bangle. No wonder you wear the icy bangle all the time. The charms too are so vibrant and lovely, and what a special piece!

CR, thank you! What I am doing is trying to stay away from buying another bangle, LOL! I missed a HG bangle I was eyeing for a while, but when I finally got around to making an offer, it turned out it had just sold. Oh well. I have been trying not to assuage my sorrow by getting another one though I may give in... and I did purchase some beads to match my Olmec blue.
View attachment 4457550

Your Olmec blue looks interesting . Is it jadeite ? The white flecks on the bluish green is like a reverse effect of when I see green floating florals on jadeite , except for yours the back ground is bluish green . Does it look more blue or green in the bright light ?

Hi FraBa! Wow your bangle has become more moist and translucent with time. Do you notice it? Looks lovely on you
thanks jadeite bear and 2boys_jademommy! Yes I also thought it looks more brilliant and moist in comparison, but was sure if I just imagine it.. it truly is part of my left arm now hahah BUT tomorrow I travel to singapore! Not sure if I will be able to resist the temptation to buy another bangle. I now many of you wear multiple bangles. does any of you wear a left and a right one or two a left one on a daily basis???

Reactions: 2boys_jademommy

View attachment 4457550
the olmec blue color is amazing!!!

Thank you BernieChocolate and FraBa. The Olmec "Blue" is jadeite. It is a teal color (I think some people had a discussion about Olmec blue's color sometime back in this thread) right on the edge between blue and green. It reads green to me in most natural light conditions including sunlight and indoors sometimes can read blue. It almost looks baby blue in some photos but it seems the pics exaggerate the blue and it is more green than blue in person.

I also think that the white flecks "snow" give a reverse effect from a green patches on white jadeite. I like how it looks next to white with blue-green flowers jade. I'll try to take a pic of this for the contrast (though I don't own a blue green flower jadeite bangle, sadly.)

View attachment 4457550
You’re so welcome! I love matching beads! They look amazing together!

Beautiful additions to the board Jadies! ❤️ All the mod shots :smile: