The JADE thread!

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi 2boys! Allan carved the bangle for me. He actually has a chubby princess round listed that looks like it was carved from the same stone as the one for me. GingerCoast has a similar color bangle but unfortunately it is not my size.The beads are from MayanMountain.

Have a nice day, Jadies!

Cyanide Rose and 2boys_jademommy like this.
  2. Hi hi ! I did try before in the past , but it seems like they don’t update their inventory . Do they ship from China ? I m quite nervous about stuff getting lost , as I think they don’t think favorably of returns , plus I m not sure about safety about returns to China . But you must be pretty happy with this one ! It looks very good on you !

Yeah , I have decide to be abit “minimalist “ about things because there seem to be a lot little trinkets and mementoes so good way saving up , unless I see something I totally cannot resist haha

Thanks . If you come to Singapore do check it out . I can’t resist our Chinatown for 2 reasons .jade browsing and the uh foood ! Haha

Are u able to fit the smaller jade bangles. Usually , if you are Able to put them on , a bit of soap would do the trick for removal. U can wear other pieces with denim jackets or sundress . I think they update the modern look with a vintage vibe .

Your Olmec blue looks interesting . Is it jadeite ? The white flecks on the bluish green is like a reverse effect of when I see green floating florals on jadeite , except for yours the back ground is bluish green . Does it look more blue or green in the bright light ?

Cyanide Rose and essiedub like this.
  3. thanks jadeite bear and 2boys_jademommy! Yes I also thought it looks more brilliant and moist in comparison, but was sure if I just imagine it.. it truly is part of my left arm now hahah BUT tomorrow I travel to singapore! Not sure if I will be able to resist the temptation to buy another bangle. I now many of you wear multiple bangles. does any of you wear a left and a right one or two a left one on a daily basis???

2boys_jademommy likes this.
  4. the olmec blue color is amazing!!!

5. Thank you BernieChocolate and FraBa. The Olmec "Blue" is jadeite. It is a teal color (I think some people had a discussion about Olmec blue's color sometime back in this thread) right on the edge between blue and green. It reads green to me in most natural light conditions including sunlight and indoors sometimes can read blue. It almost looks baby blue in some photos but it seems the pics exaggerate the blue and it is more green than blue in person.

I also think that the white flecks "snow" give a reverse effect from a green patches on white jadeite. I like how it looks next to white with blue-green flowers jade. I'll try to take a pic of this for the contrast (though I don't own a blue green flower jadeite bangle, sadly.)

6. My buffer bracelets arrived today - wearing one of them now so that my watch can go back on the left wrist. Coincidentally, my dress matches it!

Attached Files:

7. My icy lavender apple green

Attached Files:

8. Perfect match indeed:smile: And your bangle is gorgeous.

9. The green and lavender is interspersed quite evenly throughout your bangle. It’s lovely on you.

Cyanide Rose likes this.
  10. Thank you 2boys_jademommy! Actually there are only two patches of lavender and the rest is apple green. :amuse: I’ve just got it last week and I find myself staring at it way too often. :biggrin:

Attached Files:

11. Forgot to quote you on my reply.:lol:

12. Thanks so much! :biggrin:

13. You’re so welcome! I love matching beads! They look amazing together!

Beautiful additions to the board Jadies! ❤️ All the mod shots :smile:

14. Couldnt resist taking a pic of my permanent bangle yesterday at lunch. :P 20190613_164329.jpg

15. Golden honey goodness:smile: I love the golden and brown hues in this and your bracelet is too cute!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice